now thats a spicy meatball...

Discussion in '1970 Dodge Challenger R/T' started by paularscott, Aug 9, 2002.

1. As a person from the UK, i can say the concept of muscle cars never really sat well with me, but the older i get the more i find them interesting. you will always be shouted down by someone who says another car has a better 0-60 time, or better skidpad ratings but at the end of the day, most of us aren't professional drivers. in day to day use cars like the Koenig Ferrari F50 aren't really very useful.
    can you imagine parallel parking that? **shivers**
    The fact is, if you're not driving it fast (most of us won't), you're driving it slow, and if you're driving it slow, you wont find a better car than a muscle car. give me the 440 sixpack in black and i will have to beat women away with a stick. that car has presence! a car isn't just for driving quick, or going around corners. i think everyone forgets that in the quest for statistics. i keep thinking about the poor guy i see who goes shopping in his lotus elise (loaf of bread and some milk please) and the breakdowns suffered by drivers of £120,000 cars. to be quite honest (and i will get it in the neck for this) the ultimate supercar is a honda civic (there i said it).
    it does exactly what you expect of a car.
    now that i've gone and offended everyone i'll just say again, i like ***all*** cars. give me a choice and i will ignore the civic for something silly, but it is the truth.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: now thats a spicy meatball...

those are some sweet pics dude<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: now thats a spicy meatball...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Psyclone</i>
    <b>As a person from the UK, i can say the concept of muscle cars never really sat well with me, but the older i get the more i find them interesting. you will always be shouted down by someone who says another car has a better 0-60 time, or better skidpad ratings but at the end of the day, most of us aren't professional drivers. in day to day use cars like the Koenig Ferrari F50 aren't really very useful.
    can you imagine parallel parking that? **shivers**
    The fact is, if you're not driving it fast (most of us won't), you're driving it slow, and if you're driving it slow, you wont find a better car than a muscle car. give me the 440 sixpack in black and i will have to beat women away with a stick. that car has presence! a car isn't just for driving quick, or going around corners. i think everyone forgets that in the quest for statistics. i keep thinking about the poor guy i see who goes shopping in his lotus elise (loaf of bread and some milk please) and the breakdowns suffered by drivers of £120,000 cars. to be quite honest (and i will get it in the neck for this) the ultimate supercar is a honda civic (there i said it).
    it does exactly what you expect of a car.
    now that i've gone and offended everyone i'll just say again, i like ***all*** cars. give me a choice and i will ignore the civic for something silly, but it is the truth.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Some very wise words...

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: now thats a spicy meatball...

The Dodge Challenger will always symbolize plentiful power and youthful styling. It is a true classic that will never go out of style. Never.