NSX

Discussion in '2005 Mosler MT900 S' started by drflex2, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: NSX

this dont look like an NSX, It looks like a Corvett

2. Sure looks like it. Copycar!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: NSX

ok...I see stlying ques from a varity of cars, but the NXS isnt the first that comes to my mind.

4. Re: NSX

What?! This looks nothing like an NSX. If you cant tell the difference between the two then i highly question your ability to distinguish an attractive woman from your mom. But its all the same for you anyway.

5. Re: NSX

It looks like a curvier NSX to me, but i still like it.

6. Re: NSX

What they did is take a corvette, move the cockpit up, and put more performance in it. What's funny is they forgot to take out the 'vette engine,(along with everythinbg else from the 'vette,).

7. Re: NSX

i dunno what the hell you were thinking when you said this looks like a NSX cos to me i cant see what the hell tou did.
    if you ask me it takes a lot of its styling from the McLaren F1, especially the rear and the front lights.

to the comment that its practically a corvette.
    yeah so, its a great car and i wouldnt mind having one in my garage even if it is a copy of another car

arnt they all?

8. Re: NSX

this looks nothing like the NSX. but even if it is a copcat, what car isn't? look at all the new cars out there: the PT crusier, prowler, Ford 49, and most others. copy cars sell.

9. Re: NSX

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chrs20041</i>
    <b>What they did is take a corvette, move the cockpit up, and put more performance in it. What's funny is they forgot to take out the 'vette engine,(along with everythinbg else from the 'vette,).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually...no, thats not what was done. The engine, ecu, uprights, upper A-arms, gauge cluster, and a few other items were taken from the Corvette, but thats about it. The chassis, seats, hvac, gearbox, shocks...the list goes on and on, are all non-Corvette, and many are Mosler built items. The MT900S version of the streetcar will share even few components with the Corvette, and will out run the MT900 that C&D tested...still using a Corvette engine, although a ZO6 this time.

Can I ask why is using a Corvette engine funny?

10. Re: NSX

This car looks nothing like the Acura NSX, you must be a friggin Crackhead, it looks like the front of a claren and the rear of a corvette..........NSX?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Damn Crackheads, think they know it all, hahahahahahahaha

The Often Imitated Never Duplicated Sinister

11. Re: NSX

Looks like a mid engine corvette concept i saw a couple years ago, it was only a drawing, but it looked alot like this. A NSX is sharp lines, this car is all curves.

12. Re: NSX

looks like a Mclaren raped a corvette.

but it looks good<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: NSX

yeah i don't know about the NSX thing, the first car that comes to mind (not from analyzation, because it is clearly not) is the mclaren F1 or even the saleen s7, both cars are better in my opinion, but it looks like some of the styling was definately styling, plus its stats are not nearly as impressive as either<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: NSX

This is just the base model. The next step up is 650hp or so. Thats right smack in the middle of McLaren territory. And this thing probably has more than the McLaren's puny little 0.86g of grip. <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: NSX

in the front it sort of looks like a XJR-15

16. Re: NSX

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ProJoe959</i>
    <b>This is just the base model. The next step up is 650hp or so. Thats right smack in the middle of McLaren territory. And this thing probably has more than the McLaren's puny little 0.86g of grip. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually the next streetcar will have a 405hp Z06 engine, but the twin turbo 650hp is an option.

The original prototype did 1.02g on the skidpad.

17. Re: NSX

who the hell sed this thing look like a nsx?
    not even when im high can i mistake this for a nsx
    this looks like a jag xjr-15<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: NSX

First of all, this is everything but a puny NSX. This thing uses a Corvette engine mated to an upsidedown/backwards Porsche transmission. The frame is made of the same honeycomb material in airplane wings which makes it extremely light and extremely durable. This is the stiffest chassis ever built. Absolutely NO body roll. The version I saw (pictured below) was 450 hp. You can't tell from these pics but this car also has scissor doors making it espeically beautiful. The car was designed totally by computer and went from drawing board to actual vehicle for less than $1,000,000. This car could use more hp coupled with a higher gear ratio to achieve faster top speeds. I don't understand why there hasn't been more buzz about this car. You just don't see quality like this everyday.

19. Re: NSX

its beautyfull..... :'( ... TEARS IN MY EYES...<!-- Signature -->