OH DAMN

Discussion in '1997 Mitsubishi FTO' started by MDoggieDog456, Aug 10, 2002.

1. THAT IS A NICE LOOKIN PEICE OF MACHINERY. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE. BUT I WONDER HOW IT STANDS UP TO THE 3000GT?

2. Re: OH DAMN

Schwing!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: OH DAMN

it's not meant to stand up to the 3000GT it's a completly different animal, it's over a thousand pounds lighter than a VR-4 and it has a 4 cylinder motor<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: OH DAMN

..and turn your damn caps lock button off!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: OH DAMN

the FTOs are used in rally and stuff, so i dont think theyre on the same level as the 3000gts. Plus, they are cheaper.

6. Re: OH DAMN

I would love to get my hands on one of these cars I don't car if stock they don't preform like the 3000GT's the money saved is preformance gained<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: OH DAMN

Looks good but will you choose it over a '99 eclipse GSX?.

8. Re: OH DAMN

The FTO is basicaly a model inbetween the Eclipse and the 3000GT (GTO in Japan).

See my other post under the other topic "Why it's not available in the US"

Until a few years ago it was only available in Japan and New Zealand, but that has now changed and is available in other countries.

9. Re: OH DAMN

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from XGlite015</i>
    <b>Looks good but will you choose it over a '99 eclipse GSX?.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For the price... yeah.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: OH DAMN

The Integra Type R is better the FTO suffers from severe understeer at about 95mph where as you can push a bit harder with the Integra before the kerb starts to be a problem! Thats the problem with Front wheel drive.
    Mitsubishi FTO Gpx Vs Honda Integra Type R, 0 - 1

11. Re: OH DAMN

> The Integra Type R is better the FTO suffers from severe understeer > at about 95mph where as you can push a bit harder with the Integra > before the kerb starts to be a problem! Thats the problem with
    > Front wheel drive.
    > Mitsubishi FTO Gpx Vs Honda Integra Type R, 0 - 1

1) The Integra is also front wheel drive.
    2) That is why there is now the FTO GP Version R! Mitsubishi's answer to the Integra Type R.

and

3) I don't recall the Integra winning Japanese Car of the Year at any point, where as the FTO did in 1994. Which says a lot about the type of car the Integra is! and which car people prefer when it comes to choosing between the two!

12. Re: OH DAMN

Hard Question! How bout just buy them both!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: OH DAMN

ya the eclipse is for sure nicer!!!

new and older...

14. Re: OH DAMN

Hmm...kinda disappointed with its performance...it just don't feel like 200HP<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: OH DAMN

i would take the fto any day...
    the new eclipse looks too much like a maranello<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: OH DAMN

Yeah the new eclipse looks like a 550 maranello, I like the looks but not the acceleration performance. FTO's are used in touring car races in japan, I don't know if they're used in rally races coz the evo series rule that competition.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: OH DAMN

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MDoggieDog456</i>
    <b>THAT IS A NICE LOOKIN PEICE OF MACHINERY. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE. BUT I WONDER HOW IT STANDS UP TO THE 3000GT?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It'll be trashed badly<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: OH DAMN

yeah, well, take a quick look at the front end styling....looks distinctly like a car made in 1992 known as the Aston Martin DB7...The DB7 has also been hailed the "prettiest car on earth" by zounds of people.
    Says something doesn't it.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: OH DAMN

they use the fto in rally?
    i thought they used the LANCER
    <!-- Signature -->

20. Re: OH DAMN

i would choose this car over almost any import

21. Re: OH DAMN

Mitsubishi doesn't use FTOs in rally races, they use the LANCEER EVO. FTOs are used in touring car races in japan along with the GTO.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: OH DAMN

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Type R</i>
    <b>they use the fto in rally?
    i thought they used the LANCER
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Nope they use the EVOs for rallies<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: OH DAMN

It's automatic, it sucks.

24. Re: OH DAMN

They have a manual too<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: OH DAMN

This car is stylin but it doesnt really have that much power... but HP isnt always the top thing you want for a car... i lke the looks of this thing... if u were too soop this thing up it would be wicked