Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

Discussion in '1963 Hooper Mini Cooper' started by Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Did somebody seen the Vanishing Point game ?

They literally kick one of these off the track ! It's funny ! LOL !

This car is trying to fight agains a viper and an elise..

The Mini tryies to stop the viper !!! Poor mini ! The Viper kicks it out of the track in the begining of a tunnel...

The explosion is so beauty !!! LOL !!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

hmmmmmmm game?

But the mini is a legend the world over...........it'll always have the last laugh!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

I don't know too much about Mini's, but did anyone buy these cars in the mid nineties?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

over 5 million made and sold in its 40 year history.

The most succesful race/rally car ever.

Has the most fan clubs around the world.

and the milage aint too bad either....

5. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

it aint my car but my Mate in cardiff (south wales, UK) has a #$%#ing MINI with a Vauxhall/Opel 2.0 litre 16v turbo engine dropped into it and by #$%# does it go some, he hasn't had an exact 0-60 time with it but it's about 5 secs and it does 150mph without falling apart, and theres more left in the engine but the car probably wont stay in one piece, and the best thing bout it is,
    he races BMW's and all them other fastish cars and they all get well pissed off..... its a great laugh.

6. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

If you want a powerful Mini then get the KAD twin cam 16v Mini. Running with fuel injection it gets 165bhp+.

Calculated with a weight of 750kgs it has a power to weight ratio of 220bhp/tonnne
    Compare that to a Lotus Eliese which has 177bhp/tonne!

Combine that power with a close ratio gearbox it all makes for a VERY fast car.

I read in a mag of a guy running a similar motor.
    1st gear - 70mph
    2nd gear - Can't remenber
    3rd gear - 120mph
    4th gear - not given. Maybe 155mph?

This was no race car either - It was a very normal looking convertable.

7. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

super bean!!!!! super teddy!!!!!!! zZzZzZz

8. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

im sorry but this is NOT a supercar.

9. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

hey i've got a '78 leyland mini 1275 LS (Australian version of a clubman GT) although it is kinda geared for racing/rallying, ie tuned exhaust, mini-lite wheels, lowered (it IS possible!!), and harder springs.what sorta specs you chasing?

10. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

hey i've got a '78 leyland mini 1275 LS (Australian version of a clubman GT) although it is kinda geared for racing/rallying, ie tuned exhaust, mini-lite wheels, lowered (it IS possible!!), and harder springs.what sorta specs you chasing?

11. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

oops, i see now. 79 lb ft @ 3000 rpm, 78 bhp @ 5800 rpm. have no idea of red line cos you tend to drive it by the level of noise cos you finally figure out the red line ages ago. top speed in mine is about 150 kmh (i think thats about 95 MPH). is the most fun car i've ever driven, handles better than you realize (ie hairpins at 70 kmh the other day) and with a bit of tinkering under the bonnet can whoop the arse out of a fair few cars.

12. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

The mini has won more championships then R31's R32's R33's and R34's put together. That makes it a supercar.

13. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

16v mini's? in a kit car magazine, this bloke made a 6 litre V8 mini, although he had to build the mini around the engine!! its a convertble, 2 seater, and its fast!!

14. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

Remember when mini's used to rally?
    whos laughing now

15. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

would look awesome with bigger whells and some good chrome rims

16. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

there are always people complaining that its not a supercar. check out some of the other cars on the site- do you really think that a HUMMER is a supercar? what about a daihatsu copen?

17. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

Lido Iacocca,
    you poor dog!

all you care about is HP? and TopSpeed?
    if yes, you one of millions poor car fans from all over
    the world.

Rover Mini is maybe not the fastest car, but the most cute
    and beautifull car in the whole world.

My garndfather has Rover Mini "Knightsbridge",
    and this is the most beautifull car in the world.

So next time you add comment of any car,
    think of this post...

18. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

If this isn't enough then how out a 1293cc turbo, pushing 202bhp on a dino?

19. #19 DBrearley, Jun 5, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

Ultimate modification for a mini is 2 suzuki Hayabusa engines giving it 320 bhp OMG you could do 0-60 in about 4 secounds in a mini lol brilliant check it out at http://www.zcars.org.uk/mini/mini_twin_rl.htm

20. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

Dont diss this car dude it would be a wicked car to hoon around in.. u could drive it pretty much flat out everywhere just hearing that litte 1.3 squealing under the bonnet would be pretty fun

21. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

Dude, that suzuki conversion was awesome!

By the way, if you don't think that the Mini is important, look at the fact that it was voted 2nd best car in the world right behind the Ford Model T.

22. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

OH! I so agree wit u, I don't know why so many ppl think this car is a legend.

23. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

ur an idiot

24. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

enough said

25. Re: Oh ! Its a Super mini ! Oh ! 62hp !!

This guy who used to live near me had this Mini Cooper that he modded, he left the bodywork alone apart from restoring it to as good as new condition but he took the engine out and therear seats, he bought a written off 911 with a 3.6 f6 engine and had the chassis modified so the Porsche engine aws in the back and it was 4WD. The little thing couldout accelerat most Ferraris let alone BMW's, the only hint to it's performance were the wide tires the he had to have cos it would'nt control the power with normal sized ones on.