oh my

Discussion in '1948 Porsche 356 No. 1' started by imprezawrx14, Aug 10, 2002.

1. A whopping 35 hp! I like its space age design.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: oh my

must be fast

3. Re: oh my

Veeeeery funny........<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: oh my

Hey for 35hp a top speed of 83 is not bad

5. HEY, Here is a thought

Were any of you aware that the picture you see above is not the real car?

Its created in Lighwave if i remember correctly. A 3d program.
    Looks pretty real dont it?

<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: oh my

Never mind the HP just look at those lines... simply beautifull!! Would switch this car with any 911 carrera..

7. still fast

It was faster than cars with double its engine capacity. and it looks awesome

8. Re: oh my

I wouldnt trade in a carrera for this! I would just add it to my collection!!! one of the worlds most beautiful cars to say the least

9. Re: oh my

just remember at this point porsches were vws with some modifications. they were not built to be modern drag racers

10. Re: oh my

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vwdrivervw</i>
    <b>just remember at this point porsches were vws with some modifications. they were not built to be modern drag racers </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->it's the other way around my friend<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: oh my

I always thought that the 1st porsches had a similar platform as the VW and a similar engine, but the body is different aswell as the suspension, is this right???

12. Re: oh my

who cares about the hp the car looks beautiful and if it wasn't for this car the 911 probably never would have been made. <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: oh my

HEYMAN!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: oh my

ok everyone get it straight 90% of porsche's old and new have vw engine's in them they dont say vw on the block but they were made by vw just a little different then the vw engines, im pretty sure they took sedan engine's like jetta's etc and put them in my car the 944 (2.5l engine)

15. Re: oh my

Heck, it's an awesome car. If not for the 356, there would be no 911 or 959 today. Or any of the companion cars.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: oh my

this is a very good looking car, and yes i would traid a carrera for this, its the Father of Porsche and it deserves its respect. FOREVER PORSCHE................

17. Re: oh my

slick!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: oh my

It is a elegant car for it cars.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: oh my

wow this is one of the most beautiful cars i have seen. so ahead of its time, so sleek and elegant and reaching 84mph with only 35bhp and the rest is history, dr ferdinand i take my hat off to you

20. Re: oh my

Hell, Metros can't even hit 84 mph unless they're going downhill w/ a strong wind behind them.

21. Re: oh my

testing<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: oh my

"Hell, Metros can't even hit 84 mph unless they're going downhill w/ a strong wind behind them."-Thugz

are you serious?....LOL

23. Re: oh my

if my memory serves me right, the Geo metro's toped out at 79MPH, but i'm not sure about the chevy metro's.

P.S. toyota's new rav4 HV (the one that is a fule cell, or some thing like that, that uses no gas at all) has a top speed of 79MPH. too

did you all know Porsche means king...in any language!

24. Re: oh my

Dammit where's the pic?