OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

Discussion in '1922 Bugatti Type 29/30 Indianapolis' started by The Boss, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 79nitrovette</i>
    <b>yea i can appreciate these old cars and what they mean now and what they meant then. they were fast then and very exciting...i do, however, grow tired of the lack of modern supercars in the new entries. maybe there arent enough new ones to put out but it seem that the old cars outnumber the new cars 3-1. and im talking about real old ones like pre WWII cars (and even some pre WWI cars). i know these cars are wondeful in their own ways but many of them share the same style torpedo body or have a flat front, tapered-teardrop rear like some of the old bugatti cars. i just think that there should be a more even number or entries or at least have them on a wider range of ages. maybe even some muscle cars once in a while? like i said, i appreciate these old cars but there are too many of them and most lack the true individuality of cars produces after 1950.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Cars (on average) will always share similarities, that was a big attribute in the '50s as well as now and as well as before WWII.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

An automotive enthusiast appreciates any car, if it is worth appreciating! <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

well considering the fact that the past 20 or so years is only a small sliver of the great length of time that automobiles have been around, it might be safe to say that they're trying to make it even with cars to dates (maybe not, i wouldnt know) but there's sooooo countless many great cars before the 1980s that it makes sense to me. besides, its about time they put so many bugattis on the site!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

I just do agree with you , sc.net still lacks many classic cars:

many Porsches , like the 917
    Many French cars in general (Bugattis , Alpines , Facel Vegas...)
    Some Alfas
    Some vintage race cars...

5. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

Hey if you don't like these then search the data base for new ones. But this is what is on the main page so if you like it post if you don't like it post if you have a problem with the way the site is run then go away and quit crying about it because you suck and your favorite car is probly a McLaren or Lambo or a Supra and your signature is probly some line from the Fast and the Furious. AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate these noobs!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Damocles</i>
    <b>OK i appreciate that old cars can be supercars but why do two thirds of the new aricles have to be about pre-1980's cars?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

...you wouldn't have them without these classic examples. The site puts them there to show not only the progression and improvement of automotive technology, but the subtle and timeless styling trends that still remain catchy and awe-inspiring today.

You can't honestly say you wouldn't give this car a second glance if you passed by one on the way to the 7-Eleven.

Is that too logical for you?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VICIOUS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Damocles</i>
    <b>OK i appreciate that old cars can be supercars but why do two thirds of the new aricles have to be about pre-1980's cars?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

...you wouldn't have them without these classic examples. The site puts them there to show not only the progression and improvement of automotive technology, but the subtle and timeless styling trends that still remain catchy and awe-inspiring today.

You can't honestly say you wouldn't give this car a second glance if you passed by one on the way to the 7-Eleven.

Is that too logical for you?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok i understand how you feel but no need to get offensive

8. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

yea i can appreciate these old cars and what they mean now and what they meant then. they were fast then and very exciting...i do, however, grow tired of the lack of modern supercars in the new entries. maybe there arent enough new ones to put out but it seem that the old cars outnumber the new cars 3-1. and im talking about real old ones like pre WWII cars (and even some pre WWI cars). i know these cars are wondeful in their own ways but many of them share the same style torpedo body or have a flat front, tapered-teardrop rear like some of the old bugatti cars. i just think that there should be a more even number or entries or at least have them on a wider range of ages. maybe even some muscle cars once in a while? like i said, i appreciate these old cars but there are too many of them and most lack the true individuality of cars produces after 1950.

9. OK i appreciate that old cars can be supercars but why do two thirds of the new aricles have to be about pre-1980's cars?

10. Re: OK I appreciate that old cars can be supercars...

B/c there are enough new cars on this sight and there are far more old car models than new car models.<!-- Signature -->