Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

Discussion in '2000 Opel Speedster' started by Tekkoudan, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

maybe u should read about it<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

because it is an opel/<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

It's not Vauxhall cause Vauxhall doesn't exist really. All Vauxhalls are Opels, guy. Opel makes em, and they are renamed to Vauxhall in the UK. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

Vauxhall is opel in the UK<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

Vauxhall or Opel this is still no where near as good as an Elise!!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

Opel is Vauxhall in the UK..............and Lotus make these...........hence the reason it's so good..........can't quite beat the 2nd elise on handling, looks and desirability but then again Lotus will always be the Kings of the roadster market!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

I think you guys should know that Opel and Vauxhall are both GM. It's the same case with Holden in Australia. GM sale there cars under different brand name but it's all the same thing or sh*t(I don't know if Opel and Vauxhall are good cars but I know that GM is one of the biggest sh*t in america).<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

Lets put our biased aside.

9. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

First off, flEbiT, GM is not shit, it is the #1 selling company in the US.

Next, Lotus does not make the Opel Speedster or the Vauxhall VX220, they went in on it with GM.

This is from the Vauxhall site:
    VX220 is the bold new high performance sports car for the serious driving enthusiast. A clean sheet design by Vauxhall in close co-operation with Lotus, experts in chassis dynamics, VX220 is the most advanced car we have ever developed. Taking a totally fresh look at traditional sports car values, addressing each requirement with inspiration, passion and state-of-the-art innovation. The result is a unique open-top two-seater - a supreme driver's car backed by the quality, reliability, safety and security expectations that come with every Vauxhall badge.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from flEbiT</i>
    <b>I think you guys should know that Opel and Vauxhall are both GM. It's the same case with Holden in Australia. GM sale there cars under different brand name but it's all the same thing or sh*t(I don't know if Opel and Vauxhall are good cars but I know that GM is one of the biggest sh*t in america).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

it isn't one of the biggest it IS the biggest, its actually the worlds biggest car producer isn't it?<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Ok, so HOW is this not a Vauxhall?

No offence to the dude that posted this but Vauxhall is telling the biggest load of crap that I have heard in ages. The only thing that GM/Vauxhall/Opel did was the engine and even Lotus ended up sorting it in the end. This car is made on the same production line as the Elise and most of the parts are sourced from the Elise.

The only two good Vauxhalls to have been produced in the last 15 years were both badged Lotus.

This is from the Vauxhall site:
    VX220 is the bold new high performance sports car for the serious driving enthusiast. A clean sheet design by Vauxhall(Lies) in close co-operation with Lotus, experts in chassis dynamics, VX220 is the most advanced car we have ever developed(who developed?). Taking a totally fresh look at traditional sports car values, addressing each requirement with inspiration, passion and state-of-the-art innovation. The result is a unique open-top two-seater - a supreme driver's car backed by the quality, reliability, safety and security expectations that come with every Vauxhall badge.
    <!-- Signature -->