okay i've been watching this car very closely

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac LMP-02' started by Phunk, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: okay i've been watching this car very closely

well the drivers have to do a lot with it, if u put a chimp in the car, well the results are obvious. if you have a crappy driver u will never win anything so please think before u write that again.

and about the engine weight, u can do something about it other car makers have!

2. Re: okay i've been watching this car very closely

whoa phunk! give the guy a break. he has a point. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: okay i've been watching this car very closely

i know but it seems these days that people think the drivers are 1% of the success when really it is like 50-50 or even more in forvour of the driver. without a drive the car isn't going anywhere.

sorry if i came off too strong.

4. Re: okay i've been watching this car very closely

Phunk, you did not come off to strong. Drivers do seem to get too little credit nowadays and it pisses me off. You know everyone gives the "all-conquering Audi R8" this God-like status (i'm surprised they haven't started calling it Jesus yet), but if the drivers are some of the most incredible i've seen. I've been to a few ALMS races, and some of the moves these guys pull are amazing. Last year at Sebring, in the weigning hours of the race, Michele Alboretto and Tom Kristensen were both pulling insane passes into pretty much every turn on the track. Swerving between Porsches, Corvettes, Saleens and BMWs, it was a truly amazing thing to watch. Sure the cars were well built and superior to anything else in the field, but the drivers took care of them for 12 hours and managed to put on one of the best races i've ever seen. So, in my opinion, you can never attribute more than about 40% to the car.

5. Re: okay i've been watching this car very closely

How can you say it's heavier than you expected? The whole point of the LMP900 class is to have a car that's 900kg! As with LMP675, 675kg. Obviously you haven't been watching it very closely.