one hell of a car

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Elise Type 72' started by viperman5686, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: one hell of a car

I sure as hell don't. The thing goes only up to 125! Come on I know Toyota Camry's that do at least 130.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: one hell of a car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b>I sure as hell don't. The thing goes only up to 125! Come on I know Toyota Camry's that do at least 130.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For a Supercar Guru you seem to be yet another narrow-minded fool. Take both on the racetrack and there is only going to be one winner. The Elise was never conceived for you straight-line drag merchants. What you get when you buy an Elise is the purest Supercar and track warrior that Camry money can by you.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: one hell of a car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NeoGoatboy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b>I sure as hell don't. The thing goes only up to 125! Come on I know Toyota Camry's that do at least 130.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For a Supercar Guru you seem to be yet another narrow-minded fool. Take both on the racetrack and there is only going to be one winner. The Elise was never conceived for you straight-line drag merchants. What you get when you buy an Elise is the purest Supercar and track warrior that Camry money can by you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->For a member with 200+ you sound kinda stupid. You don't realize my point idiot. My point is the car is slow. If it had a better topspeed it might be a bit more respectable.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: one hell of a car

CarreraGtRacer - ha.....you lack of knowledge is pretty amusing.
    You're concerened with top speed when talking about an Elise?
    You really don't have a clue do you?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: one hell of a car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Brit cars rule</i>
    <b>CarreraGtRacer - ha.....you lack of knowledge is pretty amusing.
    You're concerened with top speed when talking about an Elise?
    You really don't have a clue do you?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Your a big idiot also. Lotus is something I don't spend day and night looking for all sorts of facts and shit. I do that for Porsche. The website says 125 MPH. My only point is that if it has handling as good as everyone is saying then if Lotus gives it a better topspeed it would be the perfect race car correct? If the speed is slow but the turnings amazing it would get killed on a straight away. Thats my only point damn. I have nothing against this car. It looks tight but my only complain is that the topspeed is not as fast as it should be.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: one hell of a car

listen we're not talking about those American oval tracks............these tracks have turns.........how many tracks will an Elise rack up a top speed of 120+mph?

I've used these stats before but just for you I'll use them again!

At Lotus' track(Hethel)

The straight is good enough for the Esprit to hit 144mph.........where the Elise hit 122mph yet the Elise is only 2.2secs slower a lap.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the Esprit still one of the fastest cars you can drive, still has very good handling yet still can't shake the Elise off despite having a 22mph advantage down the straights............you do the maths
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: one hell of a car

thats the facts, handling and weight MORE than make up for the "low" 120bhp... the only way to get across to them is to actually go out and find them in their cobras and camaros, lead them to a road with 2 or maybe 3 turns, and its over from there, people wont take their hand out of the fire until they are smacked... you know what i mean?

8. Re: one hell of a car

Your a big idiot also. Lotus is something I don't spend day and night looking for all sorts of facts and shit. I do that for Porsche. The website says 125 MPH. My only point is that if it has handling as good as everyone is saying then if Lotus gives it a better topspeed it would be the perfect race car correct? If the speed is slow but the turnings amazing it would get killed on a straight away. Thats my only point damn. I have nothing against this car. It looks tight but my only complain is that the topspeed is not as fast as it should be.

Yes, the website says 125MPH.... If you'd been looking at the technical BG of the car, you would have noticed that the Elise has a CR gearbox, which automatically reduces the top end speed...

For esample, my car, an Elise S1 with about 180 BHP, does only 200kph, which is, since you work in miles 124mph. Does that mean my car would be slower than a standard S2??? No... in fact, I'd blow him away...

Wanna know why? Because due to the fact that my car has a CR gearbox shorter than the standard S2, and I only have 16" wheels at the back instead of the 17" on the S2, I'd beat him anytime... Except when it comes down to top speed, there I have to admit defeat. But what's the use in a big top speed...

As "Brit cars rule" tried to explain, the Elise is only 2.2 secs slower than the Esprit... I even know a few tracks where it laps as quick as an AM Vanquish, and the top speed difference is way more than 22mph... Yet the Elise is capable of a uch heigher speeds through the turns due to its waight and downforce...

But hey, don't expect you to understand that, as Porsche's PSM will help you out in case you start to slip....