One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Discussion in '2001 Honda NSX-R Concept' started by AZNdude, Feb 27, 2003.

1. This car may lack speed, but its gat all the style in the world!!!

2. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Actually it doesnt lack as much speed as you think.
    its quicker than the skyline GTR R34 and the F355. But in terms of supercars it is still chasing the 911 trubo and F360. It does cost less though.
    Check out the supercar race that best motoring did. F50 vs 911 turbo GT2 vs Murcielago vs NSX-R vs Carrera 4S vs Gemballa. It can be found on Kazaa. It shows just how good the NSX-R is, giving the worlds best supercars a good run for their money and establishing itself as a world class supercar in its own right

3. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Quicker then the Gtr-34? I dont think so, The Skyline will and always will post faster lap times then the NSX

4. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Im pretty sure the skyline is faster.

5. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

nope, the nsx-r is indeed faster.

6. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

THe NSX R and Skyline are pretty equally matched, but as soon as the track starts to get a little wet... then the Skyline takes its crown. And thats quite a significant factor when you live in England.

ALthough I would much prefer the NSX-R if I had the choice. It's the ultimate jap sports car, combinging low weight, great handling, and a lot of power from a relatively small displacement engine. And VTEC makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

7. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

How can the NSX be matched up to Skyline on speed? Straight roads especially. 4WD has the advantage on acceleration.

Any times for these 2 cars?

8. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

i am japanese and i just got a brand new acura nsx if you want to learn more on it just send me a message!!! IT GOES O-60 IN JUST 4 SECONDS AND A TOP SPEED OF 174 MPH!!!!!!!

9. #9 The LanEvo is a Legend, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Watch Best Motoring DVD's they show some good races around Tskuba in different conditions, now yes, the NSX usually wins, depends who drives them, but you can see some top Japanese racers (Tsuchiya, Orido, Gan-San, Kawasaki, Taniguchi) racing good japanese cars.

The site is: www.bestmotoringvideo.com

Enjoy (now stop arguing)

10. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

well, considering the ACURA NSX does not even exist in Japan, I think you're lying.

11. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

It may be the best Jap import ever but that aint saying much.

12. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Well, considering it's been known to beat the best GM has to offer (i.e. the Z06), that must not be saying much for Chevrolet then.

Remember, 7:56 around Nurburgring, that's VERY impressive, and if you don't think so, then you are a fool.

13. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

How? it may have AWD, but it's also VERY heavy.

14. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Correction, you ARE a fool nonetheless.

P.S. read the post two posts above this one.

15. Re: One of the best jap imports ever!!!

Obviously you Girls have never even been in a Skyline.

There are no words that can discribe my feelings when I hear people who have never been near a Skyline let alone in one, or driven one saying this can beat this and that can beat that.

BOLOX.

I have a Skyline R33 GTR.
    I have 360bhp and running only .8 boost (ha! 0.1 below Factory issue)
    I've had 180mph on the clock with 4 people on board
    60 comes up in just over 4.

(When the pedal drops.....the bullshit stops!)