Only 3 of the original 5 are left.........

Discussion in '1986 Ferrari GTO Evoluzione' started by F U C K, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Ferrari developed the 288 GTO Evolution to race in the Le Mans series but I don't believe they ever got around to it. Then in 1986 when Ferrari wanted to design a supercar that would blow the doors off Porsche's 959, they "donated" two of the Evolutions to their research and developement teams to aid in the creation of what is now the F-40 (It is easy to see the future F-40 in the sides of the Evolution). Sadly, those two were the "guinea pigs" Ferrari needed to develope the new supercar. I think their sacrifice was well worth it, don't you???

2. Re: Only 3 of the original 5 are left.........

where are the last 3 cars.

3. Re: Only 3 of the original 5 are left.........

I like it, its not too bad but still too much money for a car.

4. Re: Only 3 of the original 5 are left.........

ive got one in my garage. sultan of brunei has got the second one. dunno whats with third :p LOL

5. Re: Only 3 of the original 5 are left.........

Ferrari developed this for the Group-B rallies, not LM. (Get your facts strait)

6. Re: Only 3 of the original 5 are left.........

i would have loved to see this baby on finnish rally roads! They should have hired some crazy driver hwo would drive in to those jumps!!! Last year Richard Burns broke his car by jumping at Ouninpohja stage...Imagine this car on those jumps!!!

7. Re: Only 3 of the original 5 are left.........

meh

8. Which the 959 was racing in...

9. maybe some rich kid crashed it

10. What?

11. one of them is in the basement at the Ferrari of Atlanta dealership. I'm going there this weekend so i will take some pics and upload them. i know youre jealous.

12. Ralph Lauren has one. also has a McLaren F1.

13. Ralph Lauren has one. also has a McLaren F1.