Only 300 bhp??!!!

Discussion in '2005 Ford Mustang GT' started by djinguelian, Jan 5, 2006.

1. hey #$%#that #$%#.....

2. I haven't been on this forum in a long time, which is why I'm barely adressing this comment now.

For the record, I'd like you to know that before the supercars.net server was reset (twice) password and I (along with joecobra, a friend of mine) used to go at it, mostly in American car forums. And yes, since then we have all matured in our arguments and tactics. We don't dispute as much anymore.

But I'll tell you this, and joecobra can back me up on this one: password would CONSTANTLY change the subject as soon as he was proven wrong. So lets use a scenario here. He would come onto lets say...the Mustang GT forum, and post stuff about how it's not match for the STi, etc. etc.. We (joecobra and I) would then try to defend the Mustang with arguments such as price, etc. We would eventually prove him wrong, and he would try to argue a different point, and this would go over and over.

One time he went so far as saying "real races dont have speeds that go past 130 MPH." He was trying to prove the necessity of suspension over power, and I the opposite (because after all, what's the point of a racing-style suspension if you dont have the power to use it?). So he basically clasified about half of the major racing series as "non-real."

What bugs me the most is that he would just come on to these forums and basically say about how other stuff is better. He can say whatever he wants about his own preference, but coming on to THIS forum for the purpose of dissing THIS car is pretty stupid, in my opinion.

Have a nice day.

3. Damn! Mastercobra, you still hear? I havne't been here in a long ass time.

4. hey, whats up joecobra? damn, you been busy, 3500+ posts already, haha.

5. I have't been here in like 8 months.

6. hey, u 2 r here also, lol long time no see

7. What ever happened to password anyway? All his posts have been deleted. Did he run away or somethin? Some of the stuff he said cracked me up, haha.

8. lol, wassup bro

9. whats wrong with 300 HP 320 LBS FT Torque the 99-04 GT only made 260 HP and 310 LBS FT Torque i own a 2000 mustang GT and thats a 40 horsepower more then the 99-04 and the best part the 05 GT gets the about the same gas mileage.

10. whats wrong with 300 HP 320 LBS FT Torque the 99-04 GT only made 260 HP and 310 LBS FT Torque i own a 2000 mustang GT and thats a 40 horsepower more then the 99-04 and the best part the 05 GT gets the about the same gas mileage.

11. hey buddy, we heard you the first time.....

12. It's not the fact that it's a 300hp 4.6L, it's the fact that it's 300hp for only $25k

13. exactly...well put

14. exactly...well put

15. exactly...well put

16. Well, a 03 04 Cobra is faster then a sti but thats off topic. I don't believe u can hang with a stock 2006 c6 z06 with 12k. but maybe an 04 z06.( blower and suspenion) STI off road? who gives a flying leap through monkey shet. STI are great at offroad, leave them be. Now 12k in an 05 GT on the street will rape a STI and still be cheaper. :p

17. actually its 500 hp GT500 base. But it still have a traditional Cobra setup. DOHC, with blower. Same thing just a 5.4 liter now instead of 4.6.

18. so right u are. i mean even a shelby G.T.500 with 500BHP isnt as fast as an M5 with 500BHP. i mean how is that??? the M5 weighs more but yet its faster... i say its poor engineiring!

19. so right u are. i mean even a shelby G.T.500 with 500BHP isnt as fast as an M5 with 500BHP. i mean how is that??? the M5 weighs more but yet its faster... i say its poor engineiring!

20. I hate this car, it is a comlete waste of metal. You all suck for liking it and I hope you choke on a pickle... and not the dill kind either!

21. I hate this car, it is a comlete waste of metal. You all suck for liking it and I hope you choke on a pickle... and not the dill kind either!

22. I hate this car, it is a comlete waste of metal. You all suck for liking it and I hope you choke on a pickle... and not the dill kind either!

23. I think you're being a bit simplistic. It has nothing to do with poor engineering. It's simply a matter of choice. The M5 was desinged to be a hard-core sedan, the GT500 is more of a cruiser on steroids. And, the difference between the two is only about three tenths of a second to 60mph. Not to mention the fact that the GT500 costs $40,000 LESS than the bimmer. With the money you'd save, you could turn the GT500 into a serious monster, if you so desired.

24. um, hahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahah you obviously don't know what the heck your talking about, lightness is alot more emportant for overall performance, if the car is light, then it won't need as much power, and mustangs are so amazingly bad to drive like all other american cars. muscle cars(including this one) are ugly, lazy, badly made, cheaply made(built down to a price), plasticy, way underengineered, astonishingly bad handling, american rubbish. and if european-japanese cars were built in america they would be as expensive. you just dont know what your talking about at all, hahahaha 300 hp from a 4.6 liter v8. and corvettes are like that too, the z06 has a 7.0 liter v8 with 500 hp. the new ferrari 458 italia has a 4.5 liter v8 with 570 hp. i hope you will someday see the light