Only one thing wrong

Discussion in '2001 Mercedes-Benz F 400 Carving Concept' started by Zoomy3, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I'm no expert, but this car has no windshield.

2. Re: Only one thing wrong

Do you think it matters when the car looks like broken up fish scales anyway?
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Only one thing wrong

hahaha yeah i guess i'm no expert either. this car doesn't have a windshield...but u gotta keep in mind that it's juss a concept. this isn't the full production model. and yeah...it's pretty damn ugly...dunno where they thought up this design. but u gotta admit that the whole idea of the car is pretty neat.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Only one thing wrong

YEEESH...looked at it closer a second time...and hmmm it's probably not suppose to have a windshield, by the looks of it. i can't believe this ugly thing is a mercedes...no offense or anything. i guess u really do have to wear those goggles to block the bugs splattering on ur face.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Only one thing wrong

the whole purpose of the car was to test angled wheels

6. Re: Only one thing wrong

Or mabe its supose to be a little bit more liberal of a sports car than the conservativley styled concepts that we see. Mabe they were tryin gto make a better looking car than some of the others. I think it looks damn sick.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Only one thing wrong

Windshield or no windshield this is the best handling car ever so i know i'd take it. 1.28g??? Props to Mercedes!

8. Re: Only one thing wrong

I dont like it

9. Re: Only one thing wrong

The purpose of the car is to test active camber systems, not to achieve miracles of visual design.

10. Re:

Yeah, not to achieve beauty- but Mercedes should have given it at least a DECENT, PRACTICAL design. First time I saw it, I saw immature Jap design.

11. Re: Only one thing wrong

windscreens decrease aerodynamics, this car is meant for stability, it needs aerodynamics.

12. Re: Only one thing wrong

I like it, its got a kind of futuristic look to it. Besides, I like sharp square edges, not smoot rounded edges. But it all truly comes down to personal opinion. But my opinion is correct.

13. Re: Only one thing wrong

some concept cars just dont have windshields
    like the Toyota CS&S doesnt have 1 eather

14. Re: Only one thing wrong

This car actually wasn't supposed to be driven. This car was the test mule for their drive, steer, and break by wire set-up. So, it doesn't have a wind shield, because you can't have a wind shield by wire now can you.

15. Re: Only one thing wrong

I actually like this car, i usually dont like cars with a resemblance of this. BTW If u wouldnt have mentioned it had no windshield, I would never have noticed.

16. Re: Only one thing wrong

I like the look but i like the numbers a lot more. 1.28g is one of the best that i have ever seen. Hats off to the engineers that came up with it.