Only thing I have against this Bugatti...

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by yungcarfreak, Apr 15, 2004.

1. The only thing I have against this Bugatti is the fact that Bugatti had to put 4 turbos in to the car to get that power. Ferrari doesnt do that, and if they stuck 4 turbos in a ferrari engine, they could use them as drag racers. If they stuck 4 turbos in a Focus engine, it would probably put out as much power. Only thing is, I have no idea how much each of these turbos puts out, so I cant really say a Focus would have as much power. But anyways, what im trying to say is that Bugattis must make really weak non-turbocharged engines to put 4 turbos in and have only 1000hp. I dont mean that 1000hp is a little bit, I mean its a low amount for the 4 turbos put in. If someone has any info about how powerful each turbo is, id greatly appreciate it if they posted it. I want to know because I need to see if im just rambling on or watever. Don't get me wrong, I love the top speed, 0-60, and overall performance, I just think Bugatti must make really low quality engines to have to put in 4 turbos to equal 1000hp. I'm geussing the turbos cost Bugatti alot to make, since the price is so high.

2. Re: Only thing I have against this Bugatti...

I see your point, but consider this, the those four turbochargers aren't doing much on that huge V16 engine. And also look at some of the other bugatti's, they don't make weak engines. The EB 110 is a great sportscar, and that EB110 supersport, with a turbo goes around 240 mph. Oh and also the money for this Veyron is mostly going towards its rarety and top of the line interior.

FORZA FERRARI

3. Re: Only thing I have against this Bugatti...

True

4. Re: Only thing I have against this Bugatti...

what about if a turbo blew at 300km/h+?

5. Re: Only thing I have against this Bugatti...

Holy cow! How many times do I have to go over this? Ferrari doesn't use turbos? What? Have you heard of the F40? How about the 288 GTO? How about Formula 1 cars in the early 1980s?

The point of the turbos isn't the peak power, it's the broad power band. No 8-liter naturally aspirated engine could ever hope of making as much torque as this engine makes. Peak power isn't everything.

6. Re: Only thing I have against this Bugatti...

THis guy is right the 4 turbo's may increse the speed but it also mostly there for the more acceleration and power,and besides how much are those turbo's boosting.And if they wanted to make this car really quick they could have put bigger turbo's from the aftermarket places like turbonetics or hks,but buggati used their own turbo's manufactured at their factory.If they had to use 4 turbonetics t66 turbo's this car would put out about 1500 hp.So it doesn't matter how many turbo's they put but all that matters is that they got the power and they got the speed and that is what they wanted.

7. Re: Only thing I have against this Bugatti...

Yep

8. Re:

the bugatti engine is 2 8 cylinder VW engines put together to produce about 550hp but the small turbos provide the rest at very low rmps and might have an anti-lag system on them

9. Remember that the larger the engine the more reciprocating mass you have. Meaning its much harder to get more hp/litre out of a larger engine. Now 125hp/L is very good for a 8L. Im guessing it uses two trubos for mostly low torque and the other two for high rpm power.

10. you people are knumbsculls, if you have a 16 cylinder engine with quad-turbos, taht is like a 4 cylinder with ONE turbo, which divide 1000 hp by 4, which is 250, so that would be like a 4 cylinder engine wtih just a turbo, putting out 250 hp...so..noo...also, putting 4 turbos onto a 4 cylinder would be quite dumb, due to the fact that once you have reached a boost level, and can maintain it, it doesnt matter if u put another turbo on or not...it wouldnt make a damn difference, it might make the other turbos job easier, but...other than that, nothing...the only reason you see more than one turbo on a drag car sometimes, is because they use differnt size turbos, the use one small turbo, to spool up fast, and put out boost under first throttle, to make up for the other turbo(which is a bigger one), untill it gets spooled up, because the bigger turbo can provide more boost, but it takes longer to spool up due to its rotating mass, so taht is why they use more than one turbo, a bugatti simply uses 4 turbos because the engine is so damn big, and to keep boost up, you need that many turbos, and, they could have put one HUGE turbo on, but it woulda took a long time to spool up, which means slower 1/4 mile times and slower 0-60, but you could still get that kinda power outta one turbo, just would take longer to make taht power, they just choose to use 4 smaller turbos which will spool faster, also will make power much faster, so trust me you dumba$$s, bugatti knows what the hell they are doing, and they have created the best damn sports car allowed to the public, i know if i had 750 G's to spend on a car, i would buy one of thest things before any firarri, lambo', or McLaren. there is absolutly nothing wrong with this car