Opinions of the upcomming 2003 Z3 compared to current model.

Discussion in '2001 BMW Z3 M Roadster' started by Auto Aficionado, Aug 9, 2002.

1. BMW has done a good job of keeping the new z3 (E85) under raps. Although, from what I have seen so far, I am not particularly impressed. It seems that the hard edged current retro version is going to be history in the favor of a more modern "flame design". Which personaly i don't find atractive. It really seems that BMW is following Porsche into the future. I say that referring back to the switch from the 993 in 98 to the 996 in 99. The more driver oriented, harder to drive, enthusisist 993 was ousted from its throne in the favor of the civilized 996. Lets hear it guys... <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Opinions of the upcomming 2003 Z3 compared to current model.

I do agree that the appearance of the coming Z3 (actually it is likely to be called Z4 and it will also be moved one step up the ladder in all respects), seems to be almost a setback compared to the outgoing model. It is actually a shame about the looks... When it comes to the aspect of driving, it all remains to be seen. But unfortunately the early suggestions points in the direction of a "comfort-biased" set-up. I think it is a shame that so many of the prestige car-makers are trying to broaden the appeal in such ways. But hey, they are trying to make some money you know...
    And, if you think about it, the last Z3 wasn't all that good as a driving experience anyway.

Henrik Bergmann
    Norway.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Opinions of the upcomming 2003 Z3 compared to current model.

I thought that the "retro" Z3 looked rather bloated when viewed from behind.

The sills were too fat and bulbous.
    While the tail dropped off somewhat, more like a classic British car.
    (notice Jag tails drop off?)<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Opinions of the upcomming 2003 Z3 compared to current model.

Ok, listen up. The new 2003 Z3 is called the Z4, it has now been released. ok, what is it? i don't know whether to call it crap or to call it garbage. Either way, it is not a good car. Come on, a 3.oi engine can put up more power than what it does (i think it is 245 or something) ne ways, that new thing needs work

I do have to say that the 2003 M Z3 is going to be great. hey, at $100,000 it has to be. but how can I afford that

5. Re: Opinions of the upcomming 2003 Z3 compared to current model.

Danm, n00b