Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by drivingerman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

I've never liked Hyundai's, but I took the new one for a test drive to see if it was worth the hype. It was pretty quick, I took it up to 190Kmh (118mph) and it still had plenty of power left, I wasn't out for a top speed test or anything. It was quick enough but I'm not overly impressed with it. The salesman told me that the gearbox was exactly the same as Honda's and something about the suspension(?) was designed by Porsche. I think it's sad they have to steal other people's parts to make a sports car. Overall, I think it was below par. It's a V6, with 180hp and Honda/Acura is still getting 200hp, no turbo, off of it's inline 4's. The S2000 makes nearly 250! The ride also left a bit to be desired, I thought. Even before highway speed, bumps in the road were way too noticable and it was no better passing 100mph. If we're shopping for a little sports car here, it's still my advice to skip the Hyundai dealership, but I will say that it does look pretty nice. It just needs more than looks.<!-- Signature -->

2. When I found out this car was made by Hyundai I freaked out. I love the looks of this car. It has a little Toyota look to it(Supra looking lights)The gas tank cover looks like a Eclipse. The back fenders look like sorta of like a Ferarri. I have drove one, they are not as fast as they look. 2.7 liter V-6 with 180 horsepower, but that in the GT version. It also has a 1.8 liter 4 cylinder with about 140 horses. I have seen some specs on the GT. 0-60 in 8.1 seconds. Not very impressive, but I think this car has great potential to be an awesome ride. Slap a turbo, intake, exhaust, and a chip. Lower it, some 18's and this car could be sweet. A fully loaded GT is about $19,000. While base price starts at about $14,000. Some of you tell me what you think about it. I think it a sweet little car.

3. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

The Tiburion is too heavy up front, i dont like driving it a whole lot, not enough power either, but for a hyundai it isnt 2 bad<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

I'm glad I saw this post. The first time I saw the new 2003 Tiburon I stopped my car threw it in reverse & stared at it in amazement. Then I noticed it was a Hyundai & almost got mad at myself for looking at it like that. Everytime I see one on the street I find myself doing a double take. I just can't believe Hyundai made such a beauty. It has the looks of the Ferrari 456. I like the new look so much. I would even buy one. To bad at that price a lot of people will be buying them. But how bout this. Instead of ripping the engine out & trying to cram 500 horses in like u kids seem to think every car needs, how bout u put some nice 20 inch rims on it a nice paint job. custom ground effects. 2 tone leather interior to match the paint. some neons inside & a killer sound system. Now thats a car.

5. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

I like it... well, I mean for a tiburon. it looks like a supra (a bit) however, engine, trans, and all that still sucks. cuz it's a hyundai. oh well. people still buy it

6. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

I like it... well, I mean for a tiburon. it looks like a supra (a bit) however, engine, trans, and all that still sucks. cuz it's a hyundai. oh well. people still buy it

7. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

Why The Hell Do You Keep Douple Posting!?

8. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

I definitely like the "look" of the new tiburon especially compared to the previous years with all those ugly ripples that were an attempt to make the car look Tough but failed miserably. The first thing i thought when i saw the new one was "hey did toyota re-release the supra" then i realized "oh hyundai ironed the ripples out of the tiburon and made it sleeker". I've heard that the Mercedes design team are taking on new hyundai projects, and honestly this is probably gonna save them. hyundai's sedan looks like a mixture of a bentley and a rolls-royce,,, i mean seriously what the hell is going on with hyundai. Well when Suburu and Mazda first came out.. they were the biggest peices of crap on the market, Hyundai and Kia are the new age Suburu and Mazda companies making their way up the chain. My advice is, don't buy the new Tiburon give them a couple of years to iron out any left over kinks.

9. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

Hyundai doesn't know how to make a good car.

10. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

Anybody have some pics?

11. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

12. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

The Tiburon WAS inspired by the 456. Anyways, this thread has nothing to do with Mazda

13. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

good point why are we talkin' about Hyundai when we're in a Mazda forum...?

14. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

Maybe Cause There Is No Hyundai Forum?

15. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

16. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

with all the Tiburon talk, the staff of supercars should just stick it on the site so we have a place to talk about it. its really getting alot of attention even though its not a supercar. but then again, neither is a civic.

17. Re: Opinions on the new Hyundai Tiburon

i dont like it seems to much of a celica,supra copy,just my opinion

18. LOL