Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Actually I would give it a 8 it is still a American car and a for those people that are say that gm stole the design from Holden guess what Holden is part of Gm company it is just a Australian branch like Gm’s Opel branch to Europe. As for the car it self I think it is shame that gm just hade to replace stickers on the cars and say that they are two difrent cars I mead I don’t see car that look like vett around the world do you, and in earlier post someone said that it costs lots to develop cars maybe that is why gm use same designs and as for Australians that say that wee should kiss their ass fast cars I think it is the apposed way

2. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Actually I would give it a 8 it is still a American car and a for those people that are say that gm stole the design from Holden guess what Holden is part of Gm company it is just a Agrarian branch like Gm’s Opel branch to Europe. As for the car it self I think it is shame that gm just hade to replace stickers on the cars and say that they are two difrent cars I mead I don’t see car that look like vett around the world do you, and in earlier post someone said that it costs lots to develop cars maybe that is why gm use same designs and as for Australians that say that wee should kiss their ass fast cars I think it is the apposed way

3. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

yes holden is owned by gm but the monaro(gto) was developed and designed in australia. it uses the gen3 v8 and which is of course american and an american gearbox but the handling, style, brakes, everything else is australian.
    aslo whatis the point of developing a whole new car for a relatively low selling car when there is such a good rwd v8 coupe already available to them?

4. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

when i buy a chevy in the USA i give money for gms R&D

5. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

looks..9
    performance..8

6. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

id chuck a 7.5 out there cus im not a pontiac fan but this is cool

7. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

First of all, I love this car...If I had the $35,000 to spend there would be a nice Black GTO 6-Spd sitting in my Driveway this January...

Styling: 8.3...Its just a little too euro-inspired

Engine/Trans: 9.5...Nothing tops an LS1, I have yet to dive a V8 that has done so. Howver, I think that it is very dissapointing that the GTO did not, or probably will not, get the C6 Corvette 6-Spd Automatic.

Overall Appeal: 9.0...I think its going to be a good selling car, but I dont think enough people know about the former GOAT to make it a seriously huge icon amoung the Gen-Y (My genertion) buyers...But that is only some of us...

8. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

9. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

About the motor. The only differance between this 350hp motor and the Z06 motor is the fuel intake and a chip. So, an extra 1000 bucks out of your pocket and you got 405 hp. Will that work for ya?

10. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Uhh it looks alright but nothing special. I mean a dont really like GM but i think this is alright so probably....... 6.7
    They could still make it look alot better.

11. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Just a 4.0, It looks nice, when you live in 1994, when the Opel/Vauxhall Omega was introduced. I bet an M3 brives a lot better.

12. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Its nice, Id give it a solid 8. Just because Im a 4dr fan. Have you seen the V8 CTS by Caddy? Its going to be about the same price so, just hang on a year and get the Caddy if you want 2 extra doors.

13. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Judging only on styling I'd give it a 7
    comparing the old GTO's to other muscle car classics it's one of my favorites, but when I compare the new one to other new cars it doesn't live up to some of the new designs coming out in my opinion, but over-all it looks good.
    I like the grill, similar to the grand prix, and the interior is nice. But the side profile is kind of plain.

14. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

as is this car is a 8/10. when pontiac releases the gtp gxp with whatever the next vette engine will be, probably a 6 liter 425+ 2 valve pushrod then its about a 36/10

15. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

1.1 it looks nothing like a gto.....buy an 04' mustang!

16. Eny 04 that has a 427 is fine by me

this is a bad ass car and its rear weel drive

17. Re:

about a 6 or so. I mean come ON, it looks like a short door 2door Grand Am. The back looks unfinished...

18. Re:

Ohhh, THAT's intelligence showing....

19. Re:

Actually, i drive a nice, sportly little i6 1980 280zx. Had a 4banger mustang for a while (damnd i wish i could have afforded a crate 5.0 for the underhood *sigh*).

Is it the fastest performing? (my Z that is) no, but i like it. ITs comfy, its reasonably fast, and it was only 500 bucks when i bought it. Onyl took about 100 bucks to get it running agian (rusty gas tank, that was it)/

Your Comments show that i am winning this argument, because you have to curse and say i am having intercourse with my mom as oyur sole argument, along with your MPH spiel. It is extremely pathetic to watch you rant. And extremely funny.

20. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

99.5 that's the rating I'd give it... of course I am kinda partial to the Pontiac GTO... it is my favorite car in the world...

21. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

For styling, more like a nil point

22. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I just bought a 2004 gto...haven't even seen one in person..don't even know exactly what it's gonna cost...32-36 thousand i hear....true the exterior looks leaves a bit to be desired..the interior is nice and the hp i think rocks..can't wait to get my hands on some after market products..those of you who don't like it. 1.what do you drive. 2.pull up next to me at a red light then we can have this discussion again. 3.tell me what you think of my rear vanity plate cause that's what you'll be seeing. i give it a 8.5

ps keep the earth clean it's not uranius

23. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

8, i'm not a big fan of american cars, i prefer the european style, imo, it lacks of muscle, the should be more agressive and theres an abuse of plastic in those lower vents, i think a good spoiler could be great.

i would like to know the performance of this car compared to a similar one, not against some fancy supercar.

To goat farmer, i have a Golf GTI Turbo, and i'm happy with it, i know it's not as good as your GTo but it gives a lot of fun and good times,and if i pull up next to you in a red light, yes i would see the rear of your car, 'cos drivin fast in the street is the best way to show that you are not a good driver. VW 4ever

24. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

nice one fool, this is an import

25. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

these look so much better without a spoiler. the shape of the boot (which is really nice) can be seen better