Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i'm not baggering your car or you..just some of the others with their negative comments on a car they have never seen.

2. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I would hit this as a 9.1, it has really nice preformance but i cant help to think that the old versain is better.

3. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

A 5 cos it's such a dull looking car , nice preformance though .
    A GTO should look like this

4. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

but you cant honestly expect a car made in 2003 to look like that, car design has come such a long was since then

5. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

6 it doesnt jump at you, its kinda boring, they didnt take any risks

6. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

id give it a 8.5 but id rather have a 1969 or 70 gto

7. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

did anyone not know this??

but yeah i would give it an 8, love the car but it dosnt jump out like most have said. altough it dose a great job at just looking good.

8. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'd give it a 9.5. It's got the handling and performance going great for it, but I think the styling is not that aggressive. All in all, good power for good price.

9. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

HOW DARE GM take an IMPORT and bring it here stateside and badge it with the name of an AMERICAN MUSCLE ICON!!!! WHAT AN INSULT!!!! To be a TRUE GTO it must be designed and built here on AMERICAN SOIL!!!! The car gets an 8. GM gets a ZERO and does not deserve to survive such an insult!!!

10. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

In reply to the skylines rule post,

Did you drive a MANARO? it Sucked? Wow your special, its probably not as good as a skyline. Hey I worked on one and test drove it thats one expensive piece of crap. Glad they never sold those GTR's in North America. How disappointing to special order a skyline for around 95K and find out it will be in constant repair Heavier than a tank and is so sloppy its like drivin a Lada and not much faster. By the way in Australia the GTO is one of they're best selling cars.

11. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

For the longest time Ive heard that term American Muscle. HMMMM.I sure hope that means NORTH AMERICAN cause last time I checked my flag here was red and white. Please give credit were credit is due.(EX: f-bodies all imports to the USA) Alot of the cars or components were made in Canada and still are. I can say this since I have designed many parts for these cars. We lose hundreds if not thousands of contracts each year to other countries which manufacture parts for our Domestics. Sad but true we should all question our governments actions on this. At least the drive train is from the States(kinda cause the ls1-ls6 are made in ST. Catherines ON. Canada and Bowling green, Mich.) and the car isn't from China. Look at the bright side. I Give it an 8.5 it looks like a Cavalier/Grand Prix
    mix. Wish it was the GTS from HSV. Still love it though.

12. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

really is a very ignorant comment. gm was never goin to spend 2 billion dollars on a low volume car when it can get one of the best for its price rwd platfroms in the world so cheaply. and you might not no this but us aussies have a proud history of muscle cars jsut as much as america. if not more because we never stopped making them. the monaro was the most famous. so it is not an insult, more a privelage to be gettting one of the most well known and populer muscle cars ever made

13. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I would rate it a 9.5. It needs a spoiler. GTOs r so kool. I have a 65'GTO and a 66'.

14. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'd say 9.4. One detail in it's exterior design I would change is the exhaust tips. Personally, I would prefer to have a split exhaust with passenger and driver side tips than a single dual outlet muffler. Don't get me wrong I'm pretty sure this monster sounds mean as it is but for me there is nothing like seeing a set of dual pipes come out from both sides of the tail end.

15. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

the monaro was the most famous.
    I would not go that far, the GT-HO is the most famous aussie muscle car, monaro being second, infact some people would go and say a torana is the second but to me its got to smaller muscles.

OLD Monaros were better.

16. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

very nice but I think is't only about a 9 out of 10.

17. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Well, before I get started, I would like to say that I love and respect American muscle. I grew up around them and also had the opportunity to drive some. But as far as the new Goat I think that Pontiac should have given it a different body style. As far as power,handling,and the interior I give it a 9.5. The body style should have been alittle bit more agressive looking and I'm really surprised that Pontiac did'nt offer the car with Ram Air. Why not? the original Goat had it. I'm alittle upset that they used the Grand Am/Grand Prix body style. So I rate that a 3.

Personally I feel that Pontiac could have done a better job with styling. Think about it why spend $33,000 on it when you can go out and buy a new Grand Am(base model),rip out the drivetrain,go to the junkyard and purchase a LS1 complete with auto or 6speed,wiring harness, and a computer for about $2-3000 dollars and drop it in yourself.(LOL)

For some of you tuner idiots, I really would'nt go around bashing American muscle. I have yet to see anyone within that market build up an engine that pushes out raw horsepower without the use of NOS, a turbo,or a supercharger system. I think that some (not all)of you guys are inhaling nitrous. Let me see a little #$%#ing four banger take on the following engines: Ram Air 3 and Ram Air 4 400's, 421 Superduty,455 Superduty,455 HO, L36 L88 and ZL1 427, LS5 LS6 454, LT1-LS1 350, ZZ502, Ramjet 350, 427 sideoiler(Ford),409,383 Magnum,440 Magnum, Hemi 426,Max Wedge 426, DZ302(69'Z28),351C-W engines as well. I know that these are heavy cars but ALL OF THEM are high horsepower high torque engines directly from the factory and NONE of these cars needs the aid of the following bullshit that I just mentioned.

Oh, I forgot to mention GM's specialty cars like Yenko and Baldwin Motion and lets not forget about GM's COPO cars. Theses cars are not ghosts they STILL exist today and they STILL can piss and romp all over your little four cylinder shit box. If some of you guys knew anything about automotive history,you would know that tuner cars evolved from the original muscle car. The muscle car evolved from the original hot rods of the late 1920's and into the 1950's.

18. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'd rather own a 1967-72 Goat.

19. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Are you as dumb as you look? The car is a #$%#ing import from down under.

20. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I wasnt half as impressed as i thought i was going to be but with a few weight reductions MAYBE JUST MAYBE, this could be a nice car and for gods sake make it a damn coupe i give it a 7.9

21. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

The pontiac GTO has to be one of my favorite all time cars but this new one just kills it. This car makes me never want to look at a GTO ever again.

22. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

God u Americans r idiotic mornons

Your getting a rear wheel drive 6 speed manual car
    that looks nice and goes hard.

Youd think with all the front wheel drive puss barges america makes now youd be doing handstands.

so it doesnt have pig nostril air intakes or screaming chicken decals. get over it
    only rednecks like that crap

23. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i cant understand it either, they finally get something they want and they still complain. and they want to make it ugly by putting pointless and ugly bonnet scoops and spoilers on it.

stop complaining and enjoy this great car otherwise gm will just go back to giving you badly built fwd cars and us aussies can get all the v8 muscle cars like what we have been for the last 30 years

24. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'm gonna rate this car on two things instead of one. First I'm gonna say that the outside look is probably a steady 9, because it isn't exactly stunning but it's sweet. And second I'm gonna give a 9.7 for the interior because I saw the interior in the Car and Driver mag. So out of a 20 I would give it a 18.9.

25. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'm gonna give this an 8. It is symbolic,a dn it is a supreme effort put forth by Pontiac. The stylings are subtle, and more american cars should look this classy. Once the chassis is more sorted to American roads, it will be a beast. Pontiac still has much work, however, they must make this car their own. Fixing the chassis is a start, but it needs a new engine, and a weight shave to really be fun. American cars can be great. Lets hope there's someone willing to fix them, an innovator to maybe even bring back the American dream.