Over this, I'll take...

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by RalphCM, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Re: Over this, I'll take...

First of all (in case you haven't noticed) but there are other countries in the world where americans cars are sold than the U.S. and american cars are not that cheap in those countries.

Secondly, How are you going to compare a Corvette with a 911 turbo!?
    If someone is into american muscle and want a fast front engine naturally breathing sportscar, they're would take a Corvette over a 911 turbo even if the Vette cost more than the Porsche. i know I would.

And why wouldn't you wanna brag about bang for the buck for a car?

2. Re: Over this, I'll take...

If you consider what they can do for $55,000, for $116,000 Chevrolet would give you a car that would be totally and utterly better than a 911 Turbo in every aspect.

3. Re: Over this, I'll take...

i think the Japenese have the Cheapest cars...
    they sell cheap and the parts are all cheap 2...
    but the car is also Cheaply made...
    makeing the Americans the best!

4. Re: Over this, I'll take...

I would take the Koenigsegg CC8s or any of the cars in my signature, which I am too lazy to list.

5. Re: Over this, I'll take...

so another words u wouldn't take a Viper with 800bhp and twin turbo's...?

6. Re: Over this, I'll take...

Is that Porsche street legal? No? OK, why not go for a F1 car then?

7. Re: Over this, I'll take...

Because F1 cars are ugly. Oh, and they sound annoying as hell.

8. Re: Over this, I'll take...

Yeah, you're right, but I think you could say the same thing about that Porsche 917/30.

9. Re: Over this, I'll take...

For sound, yeah it's probably just as bad. Pushing huge amounts of boost through a small engine has never sounded good. It's certainly not an ugly car though.

10. Re: Over this, I'll take...

Yeah, I'd say Pushing huge amounts of boost through a big ass Viper engine would sound a whole lot better.

This topic is a bit weird though because naturally there's a bunch of things one would prefer over this car, like a billion dollars or something....how 'bout that?

11. Re: Over this, I'll take...

A billion dollars sounds right up my alley. You'd have to be pretty obsessed to pick this given a choice of anything.

12. Re: Over this, I'll take...

Exactly!

13. Re: Over this, I'll take...

ah yes that is true, but the overall qualtiy on a porsche turbo is amazing. corvettes have rather shitty interiors, they look very cheap and not classy at all. also, they just do not have the finisheing quality of a porsche. although i do think the z06 is a much better deal, you do get what you pay for. also, porsches are #$%#in tanks. (see the top gear video for what they did to an old porsche) but hey that is a big price difference, but a z06 is an engine on wheels, but a porsche is a fine tuned machine on wheels, with polish. also, you have to pay for the exclusivity of a turbo. oh yeah, porsche also has all kindsa weird shit on their cars, like their engine block has removable cylenders, so if you blow one, you can replace it. i juss had to add that, i found that out today and i was like damn thats cool

14. Re: Over this, I'll take...

such a happy place!

15. Re:

I would rather just have an SRT-10. I wouln't want to wreck one of hennesy's great creations.

16. Re: Over this, I'll take...

Yeah you can keep your porsche with all its gadgets.. Ill take an SRT-10 thank you...

17. Re: Over this, I'll take...

as far as im concerned whoever would take nething over this car is pretty stupid considering it goes 0-60 in 2.7 seconds...and geeze look at it....its a monster

18. Re: Over this, I'll take...

What. Do you even have an opinion, people can choose whatever they want, if someone does'nt like the Viper then why would they be stupid to not choose it? You're stupid for not seeing past it, there are loads of better cars including other aftermarket Vipers this just happens to be one of the most well known.

19. Re: Over this, I'll take...

Despite how many times on my daily trip to work I think to myself, "Damn, I wish I could go 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. That minivan beside me wouldn't stand a chance!", I think I'd rather a car that would be fun to drive day to day.

20. Re: Over this, I'll take...

429Boss is just a shit starter...
    he said in one of the other threads that this car has shit all bhp...?

he wants as all to fight with him...
    but if we ignore the dickhead...he'll go away...

21. Re: Over this, I'll take...

With the last part of your post i agree with but not the first. I have heard several Vipers before and if I had turned around due to loud noise then i would have thought it was a fast UPS truck i mean c'mon. that was the GTS though, i have not heard an SRT-10 . Dodge could have improved the sound mamothly( well they did go back to the twin pipes so maybe) it still probably sounds like a fast garbage truck.

22. Re: Over this, I'll take...

id rather have an audi tt

23. Re: Over this, I'll take...

over this i would take the viper 1000tt, and my dream of an srt-10 1000tt, and probobly the ruf ctr2 sport

24. Re: Over this, I'll take...

sweet......another believer

25. Re: Over this, I'll take...

man i've been here for like a day. And i'm 15 yrs old, and i can't believe the ignarint trash i'm reading. Euro cars r better then American muslcle? suck on my HEMI! Porsche makes good cars, but they r over priced, same with BMW'S.Horse power to horsepower America makes the best cars. Everyone keeps talking about the enzo, man this 100tt would wipe the floor with it. And the Ford Gt priced in a couple of months at 150,00 would beat any porsche of that equal or lesser price! Where did all American machines go?