Overrated

Discussion in '2002 Honda NSX Coupe' started by HsvGto, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Re: Overrated

Yes, it "must" be Honda insiders. Considering a HONDA PUBLICATION said exactly what I said earlier, and numerous REPUTABLE sources said something much different from what you just claimed, I'm inclined to believe them.

LOL, you should probably stop referring to Wheels, I'm beginning to get the impression they're much like Muscle Mustangs Fast Fords magazine: incredibly misinformed, heavily opinionated, very biased, and little information based on actual fact.

I mean, first they get suspiciously SLOW acceleration times from an STi while another Australian (who ACTUALLY happens to have their articles available online) publication had no trouble whatsoever getting closer-to-reality figures out of the STi, while getting the same acceleration out of the HSV. THEN they produce an article on the NSX (of which they apparently make up every bit of knowledge they have), with extremely inaccurate production plan figures (the NSX was intended to be exclusive, 6000 is hardly exclusive), with 100% sold, it's hardly "negligible sales" so I dunno what they were sniffing when they wrote that, and considering it decimated EVERY car in its class when it first came out (leaving Ferrari scrambling to come up with something that could compare), and has had a fair turnout in LeMans, and has had countless other victories, it HARDLY had no impact other than "faultless reliability and good fuel economy", so again. I guess then that according to "Wheels" any supercar worthy of the title, must perform like the Dauer 962 LeMans. LOL, they seem VERY untrustworthy.

"Honda insiders must be bullshit artists then........"

No, Wheels magazine must be bullshit artists when they say that "Honda executives said so".

"The Gt2 is a version of the 911, therefore the 911 beats the Nsx."

Fair enough, but you're forgetting ONE thing: THE GT2 IS IN A DIFFERENT CLASS!!!!!! Gawd, do you have ANY sense of reality?

2. Re: Overrated

I reckon the NSX-R can even beat a 911-GT2 round the track.

3. Re: Overrated

Ok you have got a point about Wheels putting out slow times and making up crap but if you look at the sales figures it doesn't make the Nsx look good.

Yes well you were the one comparing the 911 and Nsx. The 911 is in a different class therefore it should not be mentioned in the same category as the Nsx.

4. Re: Overrated

I don't care what you say, 100% of NSX's made sold, and more made than what was originally intended, amounts to GOOD sales figures as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps not in Australia, but that isn't Honda's main market. Who knows? Perhaps Honda doesn't even sell the NSX in Australia, perhaps those were all imported, or had to be specifically ordered through the dealership, that would amount to not many being sold in Australia.

I NEVER compared the 911 to the NSX, until after they were either compared by you, or Torintino, I can't remember who originally brought it up.

And the 911 Carrera GT is in the same class as the NSX, GT3 is in the same class as the NSX-R and they both have the same laptime around Nordschleife Nurburgring, down to 1/10th of a second.

5. Re: Overrated

The Carrera GT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    You can't be serious can you. 450kw V10 that weighs around 1300kg. It must be a typo. Yes the GT3 is probably in the same class but when the Nsx is compared to other 911's it gets beaten.

6. Re: Overrated

I meant the Porsche Carrera, I was thinking of the wrong car.

GT2 doesn't have a better time around Nurburgring than the GT3, the NSX-R has the same lap time though, despite its marginally higher power the GT2 isn't faster than the GT3 around Nordschleife.

7. Re: Overrated

I meant the Carrera, I was thinking of the wrong car. Although, being heavier, and with about the same power as the Murcielago, I wouldn't be surprised if the NSX-R could outhandle it. Hell, the NSX-R did outhandle the Murcielago, but got beat at the last moment on a long straight (I believe the race was 3 laps, it was a supercar comparo).

The 911 GT2 doesn't have a faster lap time around Nurburgring than the GT3, while the NSX-R has the same time, so I think the GT2 would also fit into the same overall performance (though it is above in its class).

8. Re: Overrated

Yeh thought you made a mistake. The Carrera Gt out handles the Murcielago and doesn't give much away on the straights.

I would have thought the GT2 wiould have a quicker time when you consider the M3 CSL beats the GT3 around the track.

9. Re: Overrated

the M3 is much like the NSX, the base models aren't overly impressive, but the modified versions, kick serious Arse.

10. Re: Overrated

The M3 is a mad car but the CSL is just MAD!!!

11. Re: Overrated

OK you have both made absolutly stupid comments.

First thing I would like to clarify is Redneck was originally used to describe a person who works hard outside. So I don't think it is anything to be offended by. Except when idiots think it means something else.

Secondly Yes the NSX-R can compete with the GT2 not beat it but it is only a fraction slower around an average track.

Thirdly the STI and GTS are to completly different cars. The STi is a complete 4Wd performance car for a cheap price. But it wont fit in a average family. The GTS however will easily carry a family. They arnt designed to do the same thing. However they are both performance cars but for different markets.

Fourth the NSX is not overrated and the standard NSX is not $250k.

12. Re: Overrated

Umm i wouldn't think that people who work outside alot would drive an expensive sports car. Maybe a Ute or Pick-up.

Yeh the Standard NSX is $250k Australian which is bloody expensive. For $25k more you can get a 911 Turbo.

I have been trying to say this but you people don't understand. THE HONDA NSX LACKS THE PRESENCE AND CLASS OF A PORSCHE. ASK THE AVERAGE PERSON, AND BY AVERAGE PERSON I MEAN GUYS WHO DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CARS, WOMEN AND EVEN CHILDREN WHAT A HONDA NSX IS THEY WILL LOOK AT YOU DUMBFOUNEDE. YOU ASK THE SAME PEOPLE IF THEY KNOW WHAT A PORSCHE 911 THEY WILL REPLY WITH A YES. YOU GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE YOU GOT AN NSX THEY WILL REPLY WITH "OH YEH THAT'S GREAT". YOU TELL EM YOU GOT A PORSCHE THEY WILL BE COMMIN AROUND YOUR PLACE ALOT FROM THEN ON. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A PORSHCE IS A BRILLIANT SPORTS CAR, EVERYONE DREAMS OF OWNING ONE WHEN THEYRE A LITTLE KID. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU TRY AND TELL ME, I AM RIGHT. I KNOW IT AND ALL OF YOU KNOW IT. TES THE NSX IS A GREAT CAR BUT IT AINT WORTH $250K. IT SHOULDN'T BE MENTIONED IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS A PORSCHE OR FERRARI. THAT'S THAT...

13. Re: Overrated

I'd rather impress true car enthusiasts, than make a bunch of ignorant kids think I'm cool.

I don't need a car to make friends, I go for cars for my own personal reasons, and in the end I'm going to go for the better car.

14. Re: Overrated

Oh yeh so a car enthusiast would rather go cruising with his mate in an NSX rather than a 911. If your personal reasons require you owning an over-expensive wanna be Ferrari that would give you the feeling your driving a civic than you need to look at yourself.

15. Re: Overrated

LOL, do you even think before you speak?

First off, the only reason you think a 911 is better is because of the image (i.e. you think it'd impress more people).

And yes, on numerous occasions, the NSX has been judged a much better car than the 911 BY PROFESSIONAL drivers. That's not to say the NSX is undoubtedly a better car, just that saying the 911 is invariably better is absolutely retarded. Ever hear of EVO magazine? Well, out of MANY cars tested in 2002, they eventually named the 2002 NSX-R the "ultimate driver's car", beating the likes of Porsche, Ferrari, TVR, Dodge, Chevrolet, Lamborghini, etc. etc.

Yes, a car enthusiast very well could rather cruise around in an NSX than a 911, personally, I'd like to cruise around in both. (though I'd pick the NSX over the 911 if I had to choose just one)

My personal reasons don't "require" anything, and the fact that you would use such juvenile language makes me wonder whether you can even think beyond your unimpressive Holdens.

My personal reasons include, though are not limited to (if you are going to be so nosey as to stick your face into my own business): Driving feel, comfort, quality, a peaky revvy engine, a drivetrain that puts the power to the ground like no other car can manage, performance to make a Ferrari blush, and yes, that great feeling you get of responsiveness, and extension-of-the-body feedback and reaction I've gotten from every Honda I've ever driven, it just seems there with Hondas, but not any other car I've driven.

Have you ever even driven a Civic, even those who don't like them do admit they're fun to drive.

Anyway, stop being such an opinionated bigot, enjoy cars for the sake of enjoyment, and learn to realize that a car goes far beyond what it is on paper, and it's how everything comes together in the car itself that really matters.

16. Re: Overrated

Is that why the 911 Turbo was regarded as the 'BEST VALUE FOR MONEY SUPERCAR' in the World by every European car magazine. Your driving requirements would make the NSX a good car for you. Just because it'sa good car for you, doesn't mean it's good for everyone else which is why were argueing. Your saying that you would rather drive an NSX than a 911, well that's because the car suits you but don't go preaching to everyone that the NSX is the best thing since sliced bread.

"I've gotten from every Honda I've ever driven, it just seems there with Hondas, but not any other car I've driven."

Your saying that Honda produce the best 'driver satisfactory' car's in the World. I'm not going to bother argueing that one.

17. Re: Overrated

Um...I very much doubt that, since every European generally chooses choses different cars for best buy. Perhaps you're thinking of Sport Auto as "every European car magazine."

Yes, the NSX IS a good car for me, and it's a good car for a lot of people, I never said it would be for everyone, and the reason we're arguing is because you said it sucked and is overpriced.

I never said the NSX was better, you said the 911 was superior to the NSX, when in fact, the NSX is every bit as good for a lower price.

I never said anything about driver satisfactory. I said Hondas have a good quality feel to them that just works for my driving style, and many others agree.

18. Re: Overrated

I have never said the NSX sucked. I have always said that it is a GOOD car, probably the best to come out of Japan. My problem is that the car is not in the Same League as Ferrari which some people think(Overrated) and for the same money you can get a better car(Overpriced). When you say 'That feeling I get with Honda's is better than that of any car iv'e driven'. I assume that means that Honda's provide you with a satisfaction that no other CAR make can provide. That my friend is what you call DRIVER SATISFACTION.

19. Re: Overrated

But again, it outperforms cars with 2x as much power (underrated) that cost more than 2x as much (underpriced).

20. Re: Overrated

Name one.

21. Ferrari 360

I could name far more than that however, would you like me to continue?

22. Dude u are a complete retard. how could this peice of japanese bullcrap beat a well engineered german supercar thatthey have been making 4 decades? ur a #$%# wit. I bet ur sum dumd retard who lives with ur mum and watches fast n furious b4 u hav ur nap and go 2 sleep afta uve suckd ur mummas titty. Grow up and stop defending things u clearly know are false. FAG!!!!!!!! I wanna beat the #$%# outta u!!!!!!!!

23. LOL

24. LOL