P400 SV vs. LP670-4 SV

Discussion in 'Car Comparisons' started by F50Fanatic, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Which one do you like more?

2. Ugh. Young speedfreaks will say 670, older people with a real interest in cars instead of a childish obsession with HP figures will say 400.

3. who the #$%# voted Murcielago?

4. Oh come on, that just isn't fair. The Miura SV is one of the world's most desirable cars, and personally if I had one (plus a daily driver) I don't think I'd ever be tempted by another car again (well, unless XK-SS prices came down from the stratosphere).

Diablo SV versus Murcielago SV is another question though. Definitely the latter for me - but I'd have a hard time chosing it over an SE30 or GT.

5. The Miura for pure pimp appeal, but I really love them both for different reasons.

6. I just can't see myself having a road trip across the continent with a Miura, no matter how much I like them.

Voted for the Murcie

7. 670 = 110% hardcore supercar
    400 = piece of art that belongs in a museum

No comparison could be more pointless. You are comparing a potatoe to a vacum cleaner....

However in 40 years the 670 will not be to die for, but the 400 still is. Miura it is.

8. i don't like the miura apart from the miura jota(which is one of my favourite cars of all time), so 670-4sv it is!

9. Oh yeah, good thread here.

10. I honestly don't see how you guys can vote for the Murci.

11. I can see it. it ultimately boils down to what matters more to you in a car, importance or usefulness. cause if you own a Miura p400 sv, I don't think you're going to put even 1000 miles a year on it.

12. Murcielago for sure, its much aggressive looking!!

13. murci

Passion is less driveable

15. buy me one and I"ll prove you wrong.

17. Actually your are completely wrong - as usual

The hardcore car here is the 1 meter high one with no little to no crash testing, no ABS, carbon-brakes, ESP or the likes, RWD, lightweight, no airbags or lauch control.

That is hardcore you twat, you need more testicles to drive one of these at 200 than you need to drive the Murcielago at 300

19. Miura, but I'm biased toward older cars

20. which of the two examples belong in the museum you gave?

22. Murcie since it wont break down nearly as much

23. hard choice.

went for the miura because its timeless, but def could understand why someone would want something they could actually drive around on a regular basis. and maintenance costs would be at least more reasonable.

24. Well, Miura reliability depends on the quality of the restoration. I remember hearing someone who'd owned a heavily-restored Miura for a year or two claiming it was the most reliable exotic he'd ever owned - never had a single problem.
    Then again, rain is always a problem with Miuras - water tends to pool in the bodywork because it wasn't designed with adequate drainage IIRC.