People want to know what hp this has

Discussion in '2002 MG EX257' started by firestarter, Aug 10, 2002.

1. #1 firestarter, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Last year this car had around 450bhp visit http://www.mulsannescorner.com/mg675.htm

The 2002 will not be much different from last year, but i think they will finish and finish hight up the table.

2. Re: People want to know what hp this has

I heard that it had 500HP, but that is really close, so it is around there.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: People want to know what hp this has

Yes , something like 500hp.

4. Re: People want to know what hp this has

wow thats amazing
    never knew le mans cars were I4s

5. Re: People want to know what hp this has

not all of them are. sometimes they compete in different classes too. just depends. i think the caddy is a V8 and the bently has twin turbos.

6. Re: People want to know what hp this has

The Caddy, Bentley, Audi and a few other open cockpitted V8 engines are are all LMP900s.
    Caddy is the only naturally aspirated car of them all I think due to it's displacement of like 8.0L.
    All the other cars are smaller displacement but with 2 turbos.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: People want to know what hp this has

yeah but the caddy, audi, bentley, etc. are in a different class

i think the BMW is also naturally inspired since all of their road cars are naturally inspired

8. Re: People want to know what hp this has

"The Caddy, Bentley, Audi and a few other open cockpitted V8 engines are are all LMP900s.
    Caddy is the only naturally aspirated car of them all I think due to it's displacement of like 8.0L.
    All the other cars are smaller displacement but with 2 turbos."

Very wronge information......First off, Cadilac is not Naturally Aspirated at all. It is a twin Turbo Northstart V8. It is 4 liters and twin turbod. Also, there are MANY NA cars competing in LMP900......the biggest one being Panoz, which uses a 6.0L Ford derivative engine. It is based off a pushrod 5.0L Ford engine, but of coarse shares no parts with that engine, just the block design. Also, there are many JUDD engines, which are all NA, around 4 Liters. In the past years, there have been MANY NA engine top level LMP cars....such as BMW, Mercadees, ect. Last year Puegout had a twin turbo V6.

Id also like to point out that there are MANY 4 cylinder LeMans cars of the past ten years, and in IMSA and stuff. The most succesful race sports car in US racing history is the Dan Gurney MKIII Toyota Eagle GTP cars of IMSA.....with its 2.1L turbo engines making around 750HP. Within the past two years, there have been many 4 cylinder LMP675 cars. MG, WR, some Raynards, ect.

Also, note that LMP675 is becoming more and more popular, and tops teams are very much considering it for the future.....reason?....because LMP675 cars will be much more succesful in the years to come than LMP900. The MG is overall as fast as the top Audi R8s, and at some races faster. Such as at Sebring, the 675 MG killed the rest of the field in qualifying as it took pole. At LeMans last year(its 1st year at lemans!!!) the MG was in 3rd place for a time, before shitty british electronics got soaked in the rain. Also, LMP675 cars have much smaller engines, which means much less fuel consumption, and that is a HUGE factor in long races. Now, no LMP675 has won a ALMS, LeMans, ect yet, but that is due mainly to the fact that they are new, and still have some problem, namely the awsomely fast MGs. They are very reliable in terms of their engines, but the electronics continue to give problems.

9. Re: People want to know what hp this has

4agze ,

You're right , the max displacement allowed at LM is 6.0L without turbos.

10. Re: People want to know what hp this has

Ooops..my bad then.
    I read somewhere that the Caddy was running a NA engine.
    Oh wells =)

LOL...shitty british electronics.
    you know.
    for a country that has a lot of rain and damp weather...it's amazing that they haven't figured a way to prevent water damage =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->