Performance Stallion

Discussion in '1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII BJ8 ‘Phase II’' started by IdoL, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Performance Stallion

It's quite nice... And this is from a guy who usualy doesn't like classics.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Performance Stallion

Looks a bit like an aston martin. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Performance Stallion

This isn't the fastest Healey. They actually got slower, and heavier. This model is a cruiser, and a very nice one at that. The older 3000MkIs were fast for their time. They were for hill climbing, and if you have one of the faster ones, well it gets pretty intense. I mean this one even has a luggage rack. You want a performance Healey, look at a 100-6 or a MkI. Still a nice car though. Its a REAL ***** to change a tire though, hehehe.

Comments?

4. Re: Performance Stallion

at least its not a I-4<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Performance Stallion

6here faster than that. This site figures sre wrong most of the time.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Performance Stallion

This car looks pretty good. I would love to cruise around in it on a sunny day. It's not the power that counts here, but the feeling of riding a classic cabriolet... Everyone who has driven a classic cabriolet knows the feeling...

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Performance Stallion

A true sports car<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Performance Stallion

a groovy little car,
    it's got a very nice front....

9. Re: Performance Stallion

Performance stallion ??? compared to the cobra this car hardly moves...0-100 on this is 27 seconds, you'de be pulling negative G's !!
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Performance Stallion

SuperSonic, go away.

11. Re: Performance Stallion

My mother received one of these when she graduated from University. She often cries when she sees one.. Memories I guess. I agree with her that this is truly a classic car.

12. Re: Performance Stallion

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Superfliege</i>
    <b>SuperSonic, go away.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

pardon... I have as much right to be here as you... I am a fan of this car... my name is afterall austin. I just objected to the term performance stallion when clearly it is not....<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Performance Stallion

classic styling, a nice step (or two) up from a MGB<!-- Signature -->

14. Very good looking and nicely trimmed, a great car to drive over the sandy Sunday beaches, over the beautiful sights of the world, for the exhiliration of this car's profound beauty. Nice headlights, elegantly stylish, a gorgeous car.

15. Re: Performance Stallion

i have an austin healy in my garage its the exact same one as this one.

1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII BJ8 ist my fav car
    <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Performance Stallion

Looks like a DB5. Great car in its own way!

17. Re: Performance Stallion

Stallion ?

A 4-cyl under powered car in 67, is a stallion ?

Excuse me.

18. Re: Performance Stallion

well said.