Performance

Discussion in '1996 Lamborghini Diablo VTTT' started by speeddemon, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Performance

THERE AINT NOFIN BETTER THAN THE FERRARI 550 MARANELLO TWIN TURBO

SO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BURNOUT OF THE 550 TYRES AND GET UR SENSES BACK.

CAUZ THEIR AINT ANYFIN BETTER THAN IT.

AND A BIG THUMBS UP FOR ALL THE FERRARI LOVERS ;)<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Performance

enough with your annane dialgue on in caps dude

3. Re: Performance

monkey<!-- Signature -->

4. The actual top spped of the car is 275mph, but they had to put a restrictor on it because it became unstable at around 265mph.

5. Re: Performance

I don't buy it. There's no way that a 3500+lb car with only 750 horsepower could reach 275 mph. Not with the "old" vintage Diablo's drag coefficient. The printed speed of 222 mph is much more reasonable. Just look at the Vector Avetech WX3 concept. It had 1200 hp and people still were unsure of it's acclaimed top speed of 260 mph, plus it had a better drag coefficient. Not that it matters much. The difference between 220, 240, or 260 mph is not very noticable when your glued to the seat driving that fast.

6. Re: Performance

You are right and i was going to post that what site did u get the info from

7. Re: Performance

Gotta agree with u 2 guys, a lambo going 275mph? i dont think so. I suggest you get your hand off it and do ur research be4 u post something, cause now u look like a real dickhead

8. Re: Performance

Yeah, 275 is fantasy. The VPA (Viper club of America) recently testing a 1200hp viper out on the Bonneville Salt Flats to see if they could get the record for stock, production model and the standing record is 266.Also I read an article about how the engineers at Porsche, while working on the latest model turbo, said that with the amount of drag that the car produces it would take 50 more hp to make it break 200mph. Therefore you have to have one hell of a light and aerodynamically efficient car to reach 275 mph, let along much more power.

9. Re: Performance

Kenny Bernstein accomplished 327 mph in 3.77 seconds in a draag race, in a 9000+ horsepower car that weighed less than 1200 pounds. light wieght is good when you want to hit 300+ in 4 seconds, but most of these cars dont have 9000 hp, and to hit their top speed probably takes over two minutes. bonneville racers know that when you have limited hp you want the lowest aerodynamic drag coefficient possible, nd downforce ads drahg. you build an aerodynamic body and combine it with a heavier chassis, you get free downforce. accelleration suffers in favor of economics, prcticality, and driveability. how mny people could drive a car around that the second you step on it youre 4 blocks away? not i.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Performance

Yea, there's no way this thing gets up to 275. It's probably hell to drive at 220. Too heavy, too much drag, not enough HP.

11. Re: Performance

Diablo 6.0 top speed=225 mph (w/ optional 5th gear ratio)

Diablo VTTT should be able to go 255 mph.

remember that the lamborghini Diablo has one of the best aerodynamics of any car out there. At high speeds, it's one of the most stable cars in the world. Much more stable than a Mclaren F1

12. Re: Performance

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TheSledge</i>
    <b>Kenny Bernstein accomplished 327 mph in 3.77 seconds in a draag race, in a 9000+ horsepower car that weighed less than 1200 pounds. light wieght is good when you want to hit 300+ in 4 seconds, but most of these cars dont have 9000 hp, and to hit their top speed probably takes over two minutes. bonneville racers know that when you have limited hp you want the lowest aerodynamic drag coefficient possible, nd downforce ads drahg. you build an aerodynamic body and combine it with a heavier chassis, you get free downforce. accelleration suffers in favor of economics, prcticality, and driveability. how mny people could drive a car around that the second you step on it youre 4 blocks away? not i.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i wouldnt say two minutes, cuz this car has similar acceleration to the mclaren f1, and it too that car 28sec to hot its to speed<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Performance

this cars just cool, thast all there is to it

14. Re: Performance

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Oliver Peck</i>
    <b>I don't buy it. There's no way that a 3500+lb car with only 750 horsepower could reach 275 mph. Not with the "old" vintage Diablo's drag coefficient. The printed speed of 222 mph is much more reasonable. Just look at the Vector Avetech WX3 concept. It had 1200 hp and people still were unsure of it's acclaimed top speed of 260 mph, plus it had a better drag coefficient. Not that it matters much. The difference between 220, 240, or 260 mph is not very noticable when your glued to the seat driving that fast.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

...<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Performance

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Christianmc</i>
    <b>Diablo 6.0 top speed=225 mph (w/ optional 5th gear ratio)

Diablo VTTT should be able to go 255 mph.

remember that the lamborghini Diablo has one of the best aerodynamics of any car out there. At high speeds, it's one of the most stable cars in the world. Much more stable than a Mclaren F1</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Agree. Just look at the Diablo Coatl. 635 HP, no turbo (less torque) top speed 239.2. A diablo with 115 more HP, and a LOTS of more torque will most certainly break the 400km/h barrier, and reach 410 km/h (255 mph) or so.<!-- Signature -->

16. #16 Placid, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  17. Re: Performance

Damn! I love this car! I have a quesion for anyone who might know. Are there any aftermarket parts or even the idea of forced air for a Lamborghini's V12. How cool would that be, having a turbo charger for a car that already defines power, speed and looks? If anyone can answer this question let me know and if there are sites with such a thing hook me up, I want to learn as much as I can about the sexiest car around.

18. Re: Performance

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>Damn! I love this car! I have a quesion for anyone who might know. Are there any aftermarket parts or even the idea of forced air for a Lamborghini's V12. How cool would that be, having a turbo charger for a car that already defines power, speed and looks? If anyone can answer this question let me know and if there are sites with such a thing hook me up, I want to learn as much as I can about the sexiest car around.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I think a car of this price and caliber is a car that does not leave a lot of room for performance upgrade or aftermarket parts. There may be someone out there but very doubtful. Remeber aftermarket companies try to specialize in cars that are everywhere you look, like a honda civic. They are in it for the money and a large customer base is the way to go. The dealer is probably the only place to get specialized parts for this car but they know they want to sell the best car they possibly can. What I mean is the (the car manufacturer feels)car in stock form needs no upgrade so there is no support for upgrade only stock replacement parts so good luck elsewhere. I may be wrong but I doubt it. This idea can be applied to most cars that are $300k U.S. and up.

19. #19 BugattiEB110SS, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Performance

Koenig, Lotec and Platinum all have turbo and supercharger kits for the Lambo V12, go to www.lambocars.com they have a few turbo and supercharged lambos there. If the customer is willing to pay it anything is possible.