Petition to get "Chevy Power" banned!!!

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe' started by 70SuperBee, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Petition to get

I've never heard of this "chevy power" guy.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Petition to get

Why would you go to a Chevy forum to have Chevy Power banned?

Looks like your petition is going nowhere.

Oh yes, and Jap cars do suck.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Petition to get

You guys are so lame and ignorant. You can't say a blanket statement like "jap cars suck". What about the Supra TT who beats this SS stock (0-100 in 11.8, 0-60 5.0)? Wow, a contradiction....<!-- Signature -->

4. Chevy Power does nothing but spam information about how "Japanese cars suck" and how his non existent 1800 bhp Camaro could beat anything. He never posts anything with insight. I'm tired of this loser spamming garbage that has no merit to it. Who's with me on getting this loser banned and out of our hair. He's a disgrace to American Car lovers and Japanese Car lovers alike.

5. Re: Petition to get

jap cars do suck man <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Petition to get

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BAD ASS AMERICAN CARS</i>
    <b>jap cars do suck man </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I second that.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Petition to get

I agree. what kind of Japenese car can compare with any American sports car? A Honda? That's a good one!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Petition to get

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BAD ASS AMERICAN CARS</i>
    <b>jap cars do suck man </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

..ignorance.. I can tell quite a few of you hate the japanese cars, but atleast give them respect for the fact that they get a nice bit of power out of their small power plants, not saying you have to love them, just respect them..

-I respect how ford can continue to make crap, yet still exist as a company<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Petition to get

please post some links to him saying these sort of things and he there are several he will be banned<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Petition to get

Can't we all just get along? Jap/American, its the same thing! They have different goals, but were are most honda's that are sold in america built these days?<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Petition to get

I have to say all chevy guys are haters. They are just mad becuase they know that imports don't suck and they are getting closer and closer to the 1/4 mile times that the american cars produce not to mention some already have them beat. Look at the Supra, Rx-7, 300ZX, NSX, and Skyline. Those cars had a lot of the american cars beat since 93 and before so tell me how imports suck.

12. Re: Petition to get

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TimGT</i>
    <b>I have to say all chevy guys are haters. They are just mad becuase they know that imports don't suck and they are getting closer and closer to the 1/4 mile times that the american cars produce not to mention some already have them beat. Look at the Supra, Rx-7, 300ZX, NSX, and Skyline. Those cars had a lot of the american cars beat since 93 and before so tell me how imports suck.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->those cars are ok but what about the civics rsx integras eclipse celica and those other ff cars? they all suck and will never come close to what a camaro ss(or z28), trans am, mustang gt(or cobra) are capable of doing.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Petition to get

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JAp Is CraP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TimGT</i>
    <b>I have to say all chevy guys are haters. They are just mad becuase they know that imports don't suck and they are getting closer and closer to the 1/4 mile times that the american cars produce not to mention some already have them beat. Look at the Supra, Rx-7, 300ZX, NSX, and Skyline. Those cars had a lot of the american cars beat since 93 and before so tell me how imports suck.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->those cars are ok but what about the civics rsx integras eclipse celica and those other ff cars? they all suck and will never come close to what a camaro ss(or z28), trans am, mustang gt(or cobra) are capable of doing.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Camaro SS isn't these cars competition. Show me a Dodge Neon RT, or a Ford Focus, or a Chevy Z24 that can compete with these Jap cars. RSX TypeS is running a high 14 with a 2L inline 4 banger. I don't see America making a car that fast with that much motor, now do I. It takes V8 power to get American cars down the track in 14 sec time slots. The Honda competition for the SS is the S2000. It's still a 2L inline 4 but this time, it's keeping up with your SS. Kinda scary, but true. Mustang GT?? HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a funny one!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Petition to get

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NinjaAssaultSquadElite</i>
    <b>You guys are so lame and ignorant. You can't say a blanket statement like "jap cars suck". What about the Supra TT who beats this SS stock (0-100 in 11.8, 0-60 5.0)? Wow, a contradiction....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh my God, nobody cares! Real car lovers only care about 1/4, where the Z28/SS beats the TT Supra($40,000 what?!).

15. Re: Petition to get

Thing is, all import supporters say the same thing, Supra, Skyline,RX7, 300ZX. Half of those cars aren't even made anymore. Plus, those are the only fast cars from asia. Plus, they all need turbo charging. Turboes, what a joke, pain in the ass to take care of, turbo lag, what else..............American cars are the best performance for the dollar, end of story. Why can't importers argue that one!

I know, I know..............cuz they can't.

16. Re: Petition to get

you people are ignorant, do you even know the advantages and disadvantages to each type of car? Jap cars, for the most part, are made to be economical. Do you know about the different types of engines and tech? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU"RE TALKIN ABOUT

17. Re: Petition to get

you people are ignorant, do you even know the advantages and disadvantages to each type of car? Jap cars, for the most part, are made to be economical. Do you know about the different types of engines and tech? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU"RE TALKIN ABOUT

18. Re: Petition to get

19. Re: Petition to get

20. Re: Petition to get

ford focus svt runs high 14's......and handles better...what does that prove..that american can beat imports at their own game for cheaper..and as for the comparison of the tt supra...tt supras run 13's stock....even the new jap ones...new cobra mustangs and 2002's camaro ss's both run in the 12's..your s2000 runs 13.8's by prof drivers. 2003 cobra runs a 12.4 z-06 corvette runs12 flats...all of them are capable of 10's with minor additions of power..and have been proven to do so time and again..and as for handling...z-06 corvette and viper will show any of your jap supercars up...which is why they were aimed at exotic europeans instead of jap cars.....maybe you should be asking acura and honda..why your cars cost so much for the lowly performance they offer in comparison..instead of comparing mod cars to stock domestics...cause who leaves their muscle car stock??
    i guess ignorance is bliss in your case

21. Re: Petition to get

Think what you will about the Focus, fact is though, it doesn't handle nearly as well as most people think, it's actually a joke in the Rally racing world, it's too front-end heavy, not in any way practical for any form of racing, and the Civic Type-R far outperforms the Focus SVT (and before you say anything about the Comparo, the RS is in the class of the WRX, and the SVT - or ST-170 as it's called in Europe, where it was originally released - is in the same class as the type-R) in every way so I don't get where you get this "and handles better" idea from, but it's a load of BS. And it's actually in low 16's for the 1/4 mile.

2003 Cobra runs 12.9, Z06 runs mid to low 12's. STI runs pace for pace with the 2003 Cobra and handles phenomenally better, and the new STI coming to North America is going to be faster (unless the Cobra gets performance improvements).

Gee, that's funny, despite having 135 hp less than the Z06 (assuming it has 425, can't remember if that's the right output for the Z06), the NSX and Z06 are very evenly matched, meaning that the NSX handles far better, which is how it makes up for being slower, Viper is a Joke as far as handling goes.

Honda's cars are so "high priced" because the build quality is far superior, the cars are more reliable, the higher end ones are more than 90% HAND BUILT, don't believe me? check out consumer reports anywhere and they'll tell you the same.

It's funny when you domestic fans are so overconfident, then when you see a modified Supra with a "small" 3.5 litre engine beat a modified Viper with a whopping 8 Litre engine at the drag races, and you begin to make up excuses I've seen it happen all too often, first hand.

22. Re: Petition to get

Try rally racing in a Camaro or Z28, or TA, or any Mustang, then you'll see why some people say Civics, Integras (known as the RSX in America), Eclipse, Celica, etc. are better.

Oh, and the above statement applies to Autocross as well.

BTW, The WRX beats the Mustang GT at its own game, and with a small boost increase performed by the manufacturer (upon request, thereby making it stock) the WRX beats the Camaro SS at its own game as well, and the WRX isn't even primarily designed for the strip. And the STI? forget it, only the Cobra will be able to touch that on the track.

23. Re: Petition to get

I'm with you, people like that only lower the overall quality of the forums.

Man, alot of you people who responded to this guy's post apparently know absolutely nothing about Japanese cars, looks to me like the entire knowledge base you have is of only the Japanese cars you see in North America, got news for you, you know how the Insight that's available here broke the record for gas mileage?, well the Japanese cars (though definitely not breaking records) sold in other parts of the world are doing the same thing as far as performance goes.

24. Re: Petition to get

Why are you talking about rally racing on here when none of us really give a damn about it. And of coarse the Civic Type-R is faster, it has 30 more horsepower from the same sized engines because the Civic Type R revs to 7800 to the SVT Focus's 7000. And the Civic Type R is probablly geared differently so it accelerates faster. But none of us really give a damn because we could care less about Honda crap. I would get a Camaro SS instead and be far cooler in that than some damn Honda crap. Besides it is so much easier to modify a Camaro then it is a Honda. With the right heads and cam package along with performance intake and exhaust, a Camaro SS can be made to run mid 10s at nearly 130 mph. This is true as it was in Car Craft a while back.

LOL! The Acura NSX and Chevrolet Corvette Z06 evenly matched! God that is so funny! Have you even looked at the stats of those cars? The $90,000+ Acura NSX runs 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.4 @ 106 mph and tops out at 175 mph and pulls 0.91 G on the skidpad and 65.8 mph through the slalom and brakes from 60-0 in 117 feet The NSX weighs in at 3,153 lbs and has a fuel economy of 17/24 mpg. It is powered by a 290 hp 224 lb-ft of torque 3.2L DOHC 24-valve V6. You are paying $90,000+ for a car with a V6 and rather slow performance for the dollar.

In the other corner there is the Chevrolet Corvette Z06. The $50,000 Corvette Z06 runs 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 1/4 mile in 12.5 @ 115 mph and tops out at 171 mph (Big whoop, 4 mph. Who is going to know the difference between 171 and 175. That is very very fast and who is ever going to go that fast anyhow?), it pulls 0.99 G on the skidpad and goes 70.3 mph through the slalom. The Z06 brakes from 60-0 in 104 feet. The Z06 has a curb weight of 3,118 lbs and has fuel milage of 19/28 mpg. The Z06 is powered by a a 405 hp 400 lb-ft of torque 5.7L OHV 16-valve LS6 V8. You are buying a world class super car that can go step for step with a $150,000+ Ferrari 360 Modena or even beat it on the track and dragstrip.

You also mentioned the $80,000 Dodge Viper SRT-10. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 1/4 mile in 11.77 @ 123.6 mph, tops out at 190 mph. It pulls 1.05 G on the skidpad, brakes from 60-0 in 97 feet. 97 feet people!! Not even the Ferrari Enzo can do that. The Viper SRT-10 also does 70.4 mph through the slalom. The Viper has a 500 hp 525 lb-ft of torque 8.3L OHV 20-valve V10. The present Viper handles much much better than the previous generation Viper did.

Look at these numbers people! The Corvette Z06 and the Viper SRT-10 will beat the NSX on the track and it will also beat it to death on the dragstrip. Never mind how much money you will save from $10,000 to $40,000.

Yeah I keep hearing that the Jap Crap is more reliable and have better build quality. My '97 Dodge Dakota has 181,000 miles on it and all that had to be done was regular maintainance and have the MAP sensors replaced because they were dirty. Other than that it has been problem free. I had a '89 Ford Taurus before the Dakota that also was rock solid in terms of reliability and build quality for over 222,000 miles till I traded it in for the Dakota. I have a friend who has a '81 Chevrolet Scottsdale pickup that has nearly 395,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. I don't want to try to get through your thick skull that American cars are just as good as that would be a waste of my time because you are too stupid to pull your head out of your ass and admit it.

All us domestic fans know that the guy with the Toyota Supra had to bolt on huge twin turbos and a big shot of nitrous and spent about $30,000 in modifications to get his Supra that fast, never mind the $10,000 in exterior modifications and interior mods too so he can have the whole boyracer package with the 3 foot spoiler that does nothing whatsoever. While us "overconfident" domestic fans just spend about $5,000 and get our Camaros with the 350's to the low 12s or high 11s and then bolt on a supercharger and blow your Jap Crap out of the water and pull 10s or 9s. Yeah call us overconfident but we have a reason to be because we know we can beat your ass so easily its almost criminal.

25. Re: Petition to get

Now everyone do not be hating on imports.

If you say that imports suck because you are comparing them in drag races. Then take a Datsun in the competition. Those Datsuns blow away alot of these American cars. You know why? Cause most Datsuns run exactly 2 tons (2000lbs) stock and they have a gigantic engine bay, capable of having giant blocks installed.

Sure they may be powered by an American motor, but the light body was made in Japan.

BTW, Im more interested in having a European or Japanese car than an American car. This is not because of The Fast and the Furious.