Piece of........

Discussion in '1934 MG P-Type Midget' started by Murcielago#1, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Cars a piece of crap if u spend 28tho on it ur better off buying a civic.....puttin some stuff on it....n beatin the piss outa this car...

2. Re: Piece of........

i'd love to buy one, i really would, but im in canada, and we dont have MGs... but if i had 28Gs, this would be mine. And if u give me anpther 2 grand, i'll put a turbocharger or two on it<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Piece of........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Murcielago#1</i>
    <b>Cars a piece of crap if u spend 28tho on it ur better off buying a civic.....puttin some stuff on it....n beatin the piss outa this car...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This is nice but I'd spend the same money and get the upcoming Civic Type R which has 200 bhp. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Piece of........

This Car looks way better than a civic though.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Piece of........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Murcielago#1</i>
    <b>better off buying a civic...b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

WHY THE HELL IS IT THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ALWAYS COMPARING *REAL* CARS TO YOUR GODDAM CIVICS. WAKE UP. And has anyone else came across the problem, that you cant say the word spelled R I C E in these forums?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Piece of........

The new Civic is butt-ugly. So is the new "Integra", or RSX as it's now called here in the U.S. I liked the last versions much better, but I think I'll stick with my VW.

7. Re: Piece of........

I forgot to add... I think this MG is a nice looking machine.

8. Re: Piece of........

how can you compare a car to a bottle with four wheels?
    type r 200hp 0-100kmh 6,8
    MG 160hp 0-100kmh 6,9
    Pheraps honda is not able to use HP in the right way?

9. Re: Piece of........

Hey! A CIVIC? U gotta be kidding me... U R A DISHONOR TO UR NATION! U should be saying something like: for that money, i'd get a Mustang! I think u all have hepatitis... CUZ U ALL TURNING YELLOW!!!! Japcars... hahahaha.
    You know what i say... GET A CAR! Nova 78, V8, Supercharger, blower, all the shit.. A car that could make the 1/4 mile in 12 seconds. Drive it, and then tell me if u would spend 20 grand on a brand-new CIVIC...
    I bet u wont. And know what else, i heard 'bout a guy in Dade that's selling that car (same description) but for $7,800.
    Oh, i almost forget... this guy's car does the quarter mile in 7.89 sec, and IS STREET LEGAL.
    Now THAT'S A CAR!!!

Dun like the MG? Cool, i like it, but i know i WOULDN'T SPEND $28,000 on this car. But at least say something intelligent, not CIVIC.

10. Re: Piece of........

the price on the site for the mg 160 is totally wrong, its way too high, even paying the extremely high british price nd converting it to dollars its still too high.

A civic may be more powerful, but they neither look nor sound as good, plus this would eat a civic on a track or a twisty road.

11. Re: Piece of........

The civic type-r is obsolete. Even with a mere 40 more horses. MG TF 160 is lighter, and it has the advantage that its MR. The Civic weighs 1240 kg, quite a bit more than the TF 160, besides the civic is FF, it probably has a lot of understeer. Therefore
    I think the TF is faster, at least around a track. Perhaps the civic has a higher top speed.

12. Re: Piece of........

The the rear lights remind me of the MG EX-E. please search it on google and see the difference.

13. It's true that you can by a 5k dollar Civic and toss 15k worth of work into it, and have a car that will outrun this little MG in a heartbeat, but that's not what this MG is about. This car is about tradition, and carrying on what the B's and A's started. This car costs 16 to 20 Thousand Pounds because it's an MG, and it's one of very few true British cars still in production. The Mini name is owned by BWM, and Jaguars and Aston Martins (the finest British cars you can buy) are now produced by Ford, in Ford plants. If your buying an MG, it's nice that it can go 0 - 60 in under 7 seconds, but that's not why you'd buy one.

If you want something fast, buy a M Roadster or an S2000. If you want a car that you can be proud of for it's style, luxury, handeling, and tradition, an MGTF's the car for you. I just hope they come over to the states soon...

14. What R U goin on about , these r a look nicer lookin thn a civic , we own a 51 TF 160 and its a great car , its smooth and isnt all that slow, remember its a sports car not a super car .