pls...FTO is a supercar?

Discussion in '1997 Mitsubishi FTO' started by veilsided921, Aug 10, 2002.

1. for #$%#'s sakes...
    can anybody tell me what on earth is this car doing here?
    frigging 4-speed auto...
    it's a frigging hairdressor's car just like Celica....
    or should I say chick's car...<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

Yeah and I reckon that 0-60 figure is wrong, coz I test drove one of the Mivec GPX's (though it might have been rarked to shit) and it seemed slower than my brothers old Honda Integra VTiS... which supposedly does 0-60 in about 7.4 seconds or something....
    ps - also these come in 5spd and tip-tronic...

3. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

I guess the only reason this car's on here is because it looks nice. But, you know, in japan they probably have this car running 9's or something weird like that. But damn, it does look nice.

4. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

Well I don't think this car can make 60 in 6.3 seconds and I certainly know for sure that a manual tranny is offered, but you're right, the Japanese people back home have amazing versions of this along with many other cars that we deem here in the US as shitty.

5. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

I dunno, i think maybe it could get close 6.3 seconds. I mean, it's got almost the same stats as an eclipse gst. They're about the same weight, about the same amount of hp, the fto has less torque but revs higher though. Maybe if they power brake and manual shift the auto, they could get it in that range. Or maybe most of the torque on that v6 is available at low rpms. oh well, it still looks cool.

6. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

the other versions are better, and don't have a non-working rear wing.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

A very rare FTO LM race car(pic below) does exist though, used in touring car races in japan. I'm not sure about the specs but what I heard is that it has a max output of 933ps, with an RPM redline of 9000 rpm.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

PLez your ignorance veilsided is pathetic my car is way better then most other crappy imports such as the skyline and others...and its not 4speed auto like is says here mine is a 5spd and the auto versions are 5spd<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EXiGE</i>
    <b>ur rite man, this car isnt that nice, but the older celicas are nice, the new ones are so bad</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think this is a decent japanese car.
    and the old celica's bug eye looks really pissed me off I prefer the new one.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

FTO_Fly_Guy,

I think they good cars too, and not sure how they getting compared with celica's,

Nice Pic by the way...

11. Re: pls...FTO is a supercar?

I think it's fair enough that the FTO is here. Lets face it, if real supercars were the only things allowed on SC.net, the Z06 would be the first to leave.