Porsche 911 GT3 RSR or Ferrari F430 GT?

Discussion in '2006 Ferrari F430 GT' started by F U C K, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Risi Competizione is facing some stiff competition from the likes of the Porsche teams in the ALMS. Still, the new F430 GT has grown from the existing 360GTC by leaps and bounds. How do you suppose this new GT2 Class competitor will stack up to Alex Job Racing, Petersen/White Lightning, Panoz Motorsports, etc???

Risi Competizione will be fielding a second F430 entry at selected events throughout the 2006 ALMS schedule as well.

2. i always loved the gt3, and hence any version of it would get my vote.

3. Panoz all the way baby! I get to see this car and the rest of the ALMS field race live in 6 days at SEBRING!

4. Go Porsche

5. they both looks great anyway! but i prefer this over the porsche...

6. Porsche Would beat ferrari any day of the week.

7. Now that the new RS Spyder is running in P2, I'm kind of worried that Porsche won't support the GT2 class this year as much. Ferrari or Panoz just might dominate GT2 this season, which is okay with me as long as Porsche will dominate the P2 Class.

8. in a race looks are negligable.

9. Actually, the Ferrari 360 has won championships against the Porsche 911's before. In the 2002 Grand-Am season (Before the dumb new classes took over) the Ferrari of Washington entry won 5 straight races against several Porsche 911 GT3 RS's thus winning the championship. Last year, the Scuderia Ecosse team in Europe came in second I believe in the Le Mans Endurance Series with a Ferrari 360GTC. Now, the new Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 GT has been posting the fastest practice times at the 2006 Sebring 12 Hours.

10. In the British GT championship the 360 GTC (under the Scuderia Ecosse team) won the majority of events, I guess it is because British circuits tend to be twistier and the Ferrari is very well balanced chassis compared with the Porsche.

The new N-GT effort from the prancing horse has a larger engine so most likely a higher amount of torque so very useful at British circuits. If it can continue with the same perfect handling it will definetely be a force to go up against the might of the Porsche contingent at racing events throughout the world.

11. #11 Carrera GT Master, Mar 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  12. The new 430 should be a faster car in class. The big question is preparation. While Risi is a well-run team, if the 430 program got factory support or management from ProDrive, I have no doubt they would dominate.

13. Ferrari and Panoz dominating has nothing to do with a lack of support to the Porsche teams. It has to do with the underdogs finally getting it right and putting up a fight to the Porsche Parade.

14. Ferrari and Panoz dominating has nothing to do with a lack of support to the Porsche teams. It has to do with the underdogs finally getting it right and putting up a fight to the Porsche Parade.

15. Dont like porsche. All the porsches are like. I say Ferrari

18. ferrari has proven it has what it takes to repeat year after year as gt2 winners, f430 all the way