porsche bitches too much

Discussion in '2001 BMW M3 GTR' started by totalylostcow, Aug 9, 2002.

1. bmw followed all the rules and regulations, porsche just couldnt do what bmw did, porsche had the same limitations as bmw but it couldnt compete with what the bavarian designers could do, so it bitched, long live bmw

2. Re: porsche bitches too much

They put a V8 engine instead of using the regular V6. I don't blame Porsche for complaining. Especially because BMW dominated the GT class with this car.

3. Re: porsche bitches too much

AHHHHHH BLASPHEMER!!!! BMW NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL MAKE A V6! Its and Inline 6. V6's are for pussys.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: porsche bitches too much

Yeah it's a shame though Porsche have had the other end of the stick, such as with the 917.

but you have to see their point- if manufacturers start bending rules and taking advantages then the whole series spirals out of control as manufacturers make more and more advanced cars. Like with the old GT1 class. Porsche destroyed that when they brought in the 911-GT1....

5. Re: porsche bitches too much

Porsche bitched ok i admit but i'd take a porsche over a bmw anyday....

6. Re: porsche bitches too much

Damn right Porsche should stop complaining. But I guess they have to listen to Porsche since half the field is made up of Porsches.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: porsche bitches too much

i agree that porsche should have sucked it up and gave it another year to try and find a way to compete with the brilliant GTR. this car was completely within the rules at the beginning of last year, and it took brand new rule changes to keep it out of the competition this year. isn't that how these events get better and better? someone finds a better way, designs a faster car, and forges ahead of the other competitors...which forces the rest to play catch up? porsche has been dominating GT for a long time, its about time someone kicked them in the ass like this car did. the only way i'd agree with porsche's complaining is if it caused bmw to produce a bunch more of the road-going versions of it...in which case i might be able to see (and hear) this car on the road!

8. Re: porsche bitches too much

Porsche has not developed an 8 cylinder engine in at least 8-9 years. Since all porsche development goes only into sixes, it's easy to see why a highly developed BMW motor has the advantage. BMW had th head start in engine development, and this is proof. I love porsche, however, and I'd buy a 911 any day

9. Re: porsche bitches too much

this car looks kinda like a porsche in the back.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: porsche bitches too much

i have one word for this car DANGEROUS

11. Re: porsche bitches too much

yeh porsche has dominated both GT and GTS classes for quite a while its good to see a change in things

12. Re: porsche bitches too much

i think it was kinda low of porsche to try and foul out the bmw just because they cant compete and win. they should have changed the porsche to be competitive, rising to the challenge. you think they would rise to the challenge after killing the class for so long.