Porsche New 2015 Boxster GTS And Cayman GTS

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by V8stangman, Mar 19, 2014.

1. #1 V8stangman, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Two new top models with higher performance: Boxster GTS and Cayman GTS

Porsche is extending the GTS principle to the Boxster and Cayman for the first time ever. Featuring specially tuned engines with increased power and standard PASM chassis, the Boxster GTS and Cayman GTS stand as the most powerful and fastest iteration of these mid-engine sports models from Porsche.

The six-cylinder boxer engines fitted are based on the 3.4-litre units from the Boxster S and Cayman S. Thanks to fine-tuning they deliver an additional 15 hp: the Boxster GTS now has an output of 330 hp, while the Cayman GTS delivers 340 hp. Torque increases by seven pound feet in each model. Additionally, the Sport Chrono package is standard. In conjunction with the optional Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK) gearbox and Sport Plus mode, this translates into sprints from 0-100 km/h in 4.7 seconds for the Boxster GTS, with the Cayman GTS a tenth of a second faster.

The Boxster GTS's top speed with the manual six-speed transmission is 281 km/h –the first of the new premium roadsters to top the 280 km/h mark. At 285 km/h the Cayman GTS is even faster. The new top models are the first mid-engine two-seaters from Porsche to be certified according to the Euro 6 standard, and with this measuring method they achieve an overall fuel consumption with PDK of 8.2 l/100 km (9.0 l/100 km with manual transmission).

The Boxster GTS and Cayman GTS feature the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) as standard which offers the driver a choice of sportier or more comfortable settings at the press of a button. The tires measuring 235/35 at the front and 265/35 at the rear on 20-inch Carrera S wheels provide the perfect setup. Like other Porsche GTS models, both two-seaters come with standard sports seats and leather interiors enhanced with Alcantara elements.

The standard model-specific front and rear fascia, blackened bi-xenon headlights – with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) – and taillights as well as silky black gloss exterior lettering are subtle yet unmistakable features of these new models.

The combination of letters originates from the 904 Carrera GTS, a race car dating back to 1963 that could also be registered for use on public roads. In the 1980s and 1990s the 924 GTS and 928 GTS cultivated this principle. It was reborn in 2007 in the form of the Cayenne GTS, and was subsequently also implemented in the 911 series and the Panamera.

The new models will be launched in Canada this summer with Boxster GTS pricing starting at $83,900 and $85,900 for the Cayman GTS.

http://ca.autoblog.com/2014/03/19/porsche-boxster-gts-cayman-gts-official/

And pics here:
    http://ca.autoblog.com/photos/porsche-boxster-gts-and-cayman-gts-photos-download-wallpaper/full/#photo-2493549

2. Yeah I really like the Cayman.

I wonder if they'll do an R variation as with the last generation?

3. I hope to one day own a Cayman

5. they just cost too much. so do Z4's. the other day I had a dream. Take a red z4 with red interior. add a front lip and lip spoiler. mod it so the screen plays movies(maybe the bmw apps can go on Netflix?). park it at a city park and watch top gear in a sports car in full surround sound. that's the dream.

6. Id get the Boxster GTS. What the boxster lacks in cayman I think it more than makes up for with the top down. Id get a straight up switch put in.

Such a good car.

7. um....

8. that's a common reaction to this. I'm going to guess you don't enjoy anything and think the glass is half empty.

9. I will buy a Cayman or a Boxster at one point in my life. I'll buy it used clearly but they're fun little cars.

10. I duno man, i just think my dreams amount to more than sitting in a car park, regardless of what i might be doing in that car.

at the end of the day you're sitting alone in a car.

11. Lol.

Like....how are you surprised at peoples reaction to this on a car forum? At that point, does it really matter what kind of car it is?

And youd rather sit in a car watching car shows than actually driving a car?

12. Nah man. That's the dream.

Id kick it up a notch and wear a full flame retardant racing suit + helmet.

Play some Gran Turismo. In a car. Parked on the side of a highway.

That's the dream.

13. am i the only one that don't care for either one?

14. gotta have a 5-point harness as well dude

15. LOL full roll cage.

Race spec weight reduction and plexiglass windows.

bare interior with 1 screen and a ps4 hook up. AMazing.

because GT5 sounds better when it reverberates throughout a bare metal interior.

park it in the middle of a turnaround.

16. basically this car

harnesses, cage, plastic windows, stripped interior

all it needs is a PS4

17. give him a Baja version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pcH0lF_N8

so he can sit front seat while playing PS4 and have someone drive him around.

18. actually #$%# it.

waste an entire McLaren F1 LM on him and mount a TV screen on the back of the drivers seat.

20. oh I'd drive the car. when I have a car I partake almost daily in joy rides. here's the bottom line: my tv was having some sort of problem so I watched my daily top gear on my ipod with big headphones. The sound is great when it's loud enough to hear some bassy reverb. I also thought maybe I should make a custom top gear play list, of the videos with the best sound. sure I could watch it with someone else. I guess it doesn't matter what kind of car it is, but I happen to want it in something with true sporting credentials, surround sound, and preferably a little screen that is not aftermarket.

21. this "dream" of yours still makes absolutely no sense

22. oh right cause watching top gear surrounded by a coffee table and drywall is obviously the optimal experience

23. ....

such a bad troll job.

24. Yes