Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

Discussion in '2001 Ruf 911 RTurbo' started by CarreraGtRacer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Which one? Carrera GT Rules.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

I would definetly take the Carrera GT, But this car is still excellent!

3. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

This car is pretty cool<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

No contest here. One has 700 hp, one has 180 less. The Carrera wins, both in looks, and performance.

5. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

None of the cars mentioned have 700bhp, try again!

6. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

700bhp? Which car? Carrera GT has 558 this car has 520<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

carrera gt no doubt. its much more exotic, better performing (i think), is a convertible, is midships mounted v10, and just looks badass.

8. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

Carrera GT looks better.

9. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

Rufs rule..... this thing would destroy most other cars on the road; I'd love to have one with AWD and the widebody options.....

Plus, if you're so absolutely lucky (beyond belief) to have one of these, Alois Ruf invites his customers every year to either the Hockenheim-ring or the Nurburgring (I forgot which) for a whole day of hot-lapping your car around it, or you could challenge another Ruf owner to a race (but be careful--all Rufs are F-A-S-T!).

I have to say I'd own one of these automotive works of art over a Carrera GT--since I live in a climate where it gets snowy in the winter (and I wouldn't give up driving this for a quarter of the year no matter what) I'd have it with all-wheel-drive. And every year I'd be "bahnstorming" for a week enjoying the Fatherland, and then going to the Ring for a day and socialize with like-minded enthusiasts.

Plus, I gotta say--I think I'd rather have an '01 Dodge Viper GTS ACR than anything as far as V10-engined road cars go.....that is, until the next BMW M5 bows.

Later

10. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

I think the ruf would kill this and another thing isnt the gt a concept cause this is my first time hearing of the carrera gt i 've heard of the concept one but any ways the ruf would kill it....there is no point of comparing this

11. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

D. performance? Carrera GT by far. as for which I would rather have, I would take this RUF, that is until the Carrera hartop is officially shown. as for the V-10 quote,this car kicks the vipers ass in every possible category (though i have no idea what an ACR is, probably still handles much worse), without even mentioning displacement.

12. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

Carrera GT hardtop is out my friend.

13. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

D. any pics? links? im excited!

14. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

Go look in the Carrera GT forum...I think this car is awesome but the sound of a V10 is no doubt inspiring.

15. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

Carrera GT

16. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

im sorry man, but your very very mistaken. although the ruf is an amazing car, dont get me wrong, but the carrera GT would rape one. and no, the GT isnt a concept anymore, it is for sure going to be production, and in this form, im not sure if production has started, but it duznt matter. the Carrera GT is not only more powerful, it is far lighter. even though it doesnt have the AWD, the lower weight makes up for it. also, im guessing that the carrera GT is better distributed, considering that the normal 911 is roughly 25/75. sorry, but the Carrera GT owns it.

17. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

One thing is for certain, When Ruf gets his hand on a C-GT, (an I'm pretty certain Alois is probably chomping at the bit just dying for the moment one is available to him)-- I'll just have one thing to say... "Ladies! Shut up and hold on to yer nipples!! Yeeee Haaawww!"

hahahaha... yeah. it'll be spectacular I'm sure.

18. Re:

Of course I'll take the Carrera GT, knowing that it's mid-engined and a true supercar. This Turbo R is merely a sportscar with sportscar handling, but with supercar power.

19. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

carrera GT - better looks, more power, less weight, better brakes, more downforce, convertible, better engineering and stock as well. how can u go wrong.

20. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

GT more power yes.
    and beautiful yes.
    but this one has some kind of sweetness.it is sweet.and powerful 2.
    it doesn't matter because both are Porches.anyone agrees?

21. Re: Re:

id disagree a turbo R has sportscar handling.... the normal turbo has better handleing then most anything out there, and ruf totally resoes the suspention, i guarentee this is better handeling then just about anything out there.

22. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

i will take the Carrera GT
    its a V10 with twin turbo, compare to the I6 Twin Turbo
    Carrera GT rules, plus the RUF 911 Turbo is already fully modified, rite?
    and the Carrera GT still has a long way to tune up the ultimate engine to the max, so i will pick the GT for sure

23. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

carrera gt have 555Hp and this only 528Hp but this is to much lighter than the GT in my opinion this porsche kick the GT

24. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

I don't know about u guys, but i think this car has the looks to dazzle me beyond comprehension.

25. Re: Porsche Ruf 9111 Turbo R vs. Porsche Carrera Gt

the RTurbo is da best.