Porsche's future Bugatti buster?

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by MuscleCarHeart, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Dunno if this has been posted or not, but here ya go.

2. haven't heard this before, but i've seen this pic, looks somewhat like it.

love the idea.

3. Why does their site say 254 mph is 2mph over Bugatti's "claimed" top speed. It has been proven over and over again that it can easily hit 253 mph, without the governer it will hit 256.

4. honestly, it's not like it's "THAT" hard. If you think about it, the Veyron could go shitloads faster if it was shaped differently and was lighter. 950hp would be easily sufficient.

5. These top speed record cars are stupid. No one who ever drives these cars will ever reach that speed exept for the test drivers who go for the record.

6. very good point.

7. thats not the point.

companies set about making cars that are unique in some way to enhance the brand image.

that said, this is just another pie-in-the-sky photoshop. and the other one posted is from one of those german tuners that would modify a CGT...

8. A car's top speed is affected by how much it weighs. The more a car weighs, the higher it's top speed will be due to stability.

If the Veyron weighed less, it would not have as high of a top speed.

I don't know how to make this any clearer.

On the other hand, yes, the Veyron's top speed is severly limited by it's (relatively) poor aerodynamics.

9. Horsepower wars are getting stupid.

10. That's just asinine.

11. ha! It's Porsche's attempt to redo the lame ass Carrera GT, I say forget about it, and do a Super badass 959 successor

12. What is? His statement, him for saying it, or are you agreeing with him?

Cause he is 100% correct you know..

13. It's not stupid in the marketing point of view

14. I tried looking it up, but I couldn't find the journalist who'd driven the car to it's top speed. Someone out there knows who it is.
    So, he's wrong. Someone other than the test drivers has done it, and will do it.

Also, it's just stupid to think that a few of the owners will not drive it 253 mph.

15. The people trying to pawn this off as an idea in progress have little to do with Porsche.

16. This is such AWESOME news if true. All you whiney idiots shut the #$%# up.

17. are you from the indies?

18. Is that all you do is whine & #%!@? If done right, this would easily outdo the CGT, & 959/960.

19. ....I'm just gonna let the others take care of this.

I can't be bothered.

20. no you idiot.

21. Yeah? Where? On the I-5? Holy dumb #$%#, an owner going that fast in his car has a death wish if he's not properly equiped. PERIOD.

22. You are an idiot.

weight has a minimal effect on top speed.
    aerodynamics and power/gearing are obviously the biggest factor in top speed.

weight does HELP in achieving top speed, because it makes the car less of a handful to drive, however it does not magically make it faster...which is what this sentence says:
    " The more a car weighs, the higher it's top speed will be due to stability"

before you start trying to correct people, how about knowing the difference between what is in your head, and what the truth of the matter is.

23. Wow. Just wow.

24. how much do you know about the veyron?

Im guessing quite a lot, since you know quite a lot about cars. I guess you just chose to ignore the fact that any veyron customer can set their car up to acheive the exact speed that the test drivers acheived. Plus theres something positive about the publicity you get from making the fastest car in the world.