Poser...

Discussion in '2002 Ford Focus SVT' started by dog, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Poser...

It looks Japanese to me, but is it as good as a Japanese car?

dog

2. Just another American "R i cer" wannabe for the Integra Type R/RSX Type S to Beat on.

American companies need to stick to what they're good at - High HP RWD Muscle!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Poser...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>Just another American "R i cer" wannabe for the Integra Type R/RSX Type S to Beat on.

American companies need to stick to what they're good at - High HP RWD Muscle!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

In case you hadn't paid attention, this car is European, and the American version of the Focus RS and Focus ST170. It was developed in Europe where fast small hatches ARE what they do best.

Gawd, how I'm tired of so many ignorant statements on the ind. forums!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Poser...

I would tend to agree. And actually do on the respects of power in this car. I think for it to be more competetive it needs more power as cars are going that way again. However I think it's producing healthy competition for the market, and for once one of the American car manufacturers can develope something cool. Not that it's anything near this car really, but look at the Focus Rally car that Collin Mc Rae races. That car puts the numbers down, and is either winning or high in the ranks. I just think it's cool. Now, I have to say that I'm super dissappointed with the MP3. It's cool, but it truly does lack much horsepower. Yeah, Honda's are great and will live up to the reputation for sometime. I do dislike tremendously the fact they dumped the double wishbone suspension. That truly pissed me off. It was totally stupid. That, and they need to really bump up the hp on the "Si" hatchback from 160 to at least 190hp I think. But this is post isn't for that car... so I'll end here. I agree on one thing you mention, but give props for Ford for trying.

5. Re: Poser...

Yeah, developed in Europe, that's Great.

It's developed By Ford Europe... but then again Ford is an American company from the start in the early 1900's.

So technically, it is an American car. And it still is going to get beat by any Integra GSR/ Type-R or RSX Type-S no matter who designed it. Which was the whole point of my Original post.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Poser...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>Yeah, developed in Europe, that's Great.

It's developed By Ford Europe... but then again Ford is an American company from the start in the early 1900's.

So technically, it is an American car. And it still is going to get beat by any Integra GSR/ Type-R or RSX Type-S no matter who designed it. Which was the whole point of my Original post.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That statement makes no sense at all. So no matter where a Ford is designed and built its American? hmmmm so Holden in Australia is American cause GM own it? What about Jaguar? Ford own them so that makes it American?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Poser...

car and driver rated number one against civic and vw. it isnt supposed to go up against the rsx. leave it to the cobra to rape that car.<!-- Signature -->