Post your mods! **NEW**

Discussion in 'Modified / Tuned Cars' started by PoWeReD By NoS, Jul 5, 2013.

1. murika

2. Canada

3. Test pipes in.

4. I thought the driver's side ones were flat, and passenger curved. That's why the passenger ones always say "objects closer than they appear" but driver's side ones don't.

5. Any difference in sound? I didn't notice any in mine.I can hear just a faint difference from stock to the test pipes and cutouts cause the cutouts don't quite give a perfect seal.

6. Yeah the aforementioned '80s Volvo had flat on the driver's side only. I really hated it. You can barely see anything at all

7. Now I'm curious about my car. I'll have to check. Could be a US regulations thing. I wonder if both of Christofur's mirrors are curved.

8. That's why I said murika earlier. Can't remember the details, but it was a big deal for mk4 VWers to swap their mirrors out with euro spec ones.

9. Same here. Hyundai's stock mufflers are pretty stout beasts. I've got the test pipes and the MSA X-pipe and almost no difference, but it will all add up when I replace the mufflers.

10. Cool. Are you gonna go with the VTs?

11. No, I'm going with MSA's axleback. It may be more expensive than a pair of VTs, but it's bolt-on. I want an easy return to stock when the time comes.

Because in a couple of years, I want a nicely depreciated, well taken care of, Cayman S or F10 550i.

12. Gotcha. Let me know how the drone is once you get them thrown in there. I still can't decide what to do. So I am just gonna stick with the cutouts for now.

13. Gotcha. Let me know how the drone is once you get them thrown in there. I still can't decide what to do. So I am just gonna stick with the cutouts for now.

14. Gotcha. Let me know how they are for drone. I still can't decide what to do so I am gonna stick with the cutouts for now

15. A Canadian owner with the Magnaflow catback went with the same parts list to re-create my intake, said the intake noise has killed the drone from the Magnaflow catback.

16. I finally got my headers back from the ceramic coater and absolutely love the look of them.

17. AFE or Supersprint?

18. CPI. This is what they looked like originally.

19. I prefer the look before
    how much coating them costs?

20. $260

21. why did you do that? it's not like you're gonna ever look at it.

22. to be fair it does protect them and make the headers last longer.

need to do that on the headers on my Ford but haven't decided what to go with yet

23. There are also performance benefits with ceramic coated headers. It helps retain the heat of the exhaust gases, which improves flow.

24. It also reduces under hood temperatures, factory manifolds are thick cast (And usually have heat shields secured to them) and don't radiate off a lot of heat.

When I put the uncoated headers on the GenCoupe, under hood temperatures shot up a good 10-degrees.

25. I don't remember if you chymed in on the thread about it in trucks and motorcycles. But what are the advantages and drawbacks to an exhaust wrap? Or do you figure its more a cosmetic thing