Post your mods! **NEW**

Discussion in 'Modified / Tuned Cars' started by PoWeReD By NoS, Jul 5, 2013.

1. #826 84FordMan, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Sounds like a Civic, mate.

2. It's probably the best sounding S54 I've heard short of a stroked/race built one, but I'll probably end up ordering slightly larger mufflers as it's a bit too loud at low rpm's

3. Installed custom boots and e-brake handle to match the steering wheel, and will be replacing the shift knob soon as well.

Attached Files:

4. That actually looks like a real butt plug

5. I like that sound a lot, though I can see it getting annoying an long road trips.

6. Bought a cheap suede black with red stitch shift boot off ebay, which came with a shift knob. Don't worry there is a black derlin knob on the way that won't look like a clown nose! The stock knob will not work with an aftermarket boot properly, so I figured I'd try out this red one and sell it later. The boot is actually very high quality, I'm overly impressed by it for the price. Install was a total pain though, as this was a universal boot. The knob is actually quite nice too (asides from being red). Very direct throw and a great shape. I do believe this is a Type R replica? I don't know my Honda stuff well enough yet.

I used a rubber grommet to hold the boot up at that height. I also plastidipped the shifter bezel black, it was chrome before and ugly.

Attached Files:

7. The new shift knob is on.

Attached Files:

8. Are those grub screws holding it on?

9. Reinstalled my cutouts but something the electronics is fried and they stuck open. Car is very very loud. Sounds very mean. But too loud for everyday. Will post vid as soon as I can

10. correct

11. Superlightweight grub screws?

12. #837 DIGGS, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Link. Cutouts stuck open. Sounds good. But loud and lots of drone

13. fUcking lol

14. pulling your gear knob off during a change isn't a fun thing.

15. all that chrome looks tacky

16. Oh that thing isn't going anywhere

17. Neither is that car.

Bazinga.

18. Slightly off topic, but a few days ago I took a pic of the car next to my favorite jet fighter. Easily my best photo yet.

Attached Files:

19. I've pulled my gear and my knob off, but never my gear knob off.
    From memory bmws use a press on knob, so if you need grub screws to stop it coming off you obviously have an inferior product because it doesn't press fit correctly. Actually this suits raging balls perfectly

When are the exposed rivet wide body panels going on?

20. Never understood those type of screws. Why not just have a twist on knob, or am I missing something? I had a momo knob once on my 240 that had those and I thought it was the dumbest thing.

21. manufacturer cost thing. cheaper to make a press on knob then to put threads on the shifter.

22. ultimate cupholder in. Won't break like the stock one...

Attached Files:

23. Looks great! Is that custom or a part you can buy off shelf?

24. Tegiwa derlin shift knob (same knob I had in my old rsx) and a circuit sports shift extension. Good fun so far!

Attached Files: