Posting from my Blackberry

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Enigma Lips, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Press spacebar to page down. I think it's shift+space to page up. It's way easier.

You can clean the track ball, there are guides for it online.

Part of the reason I chose the Curve 8900 over the Bold 9000 is the new trackball socket that's tighter and less likely to get dirty. My trackball is still fine after 2 months, 1 month in the sleeve, 1 month with no sleeve and just a rubbery skin.

2. +1

3. Press T to go to the top of the screen (like the Home key on a keyboard) and B to go to the bottom (like the End key on a keyboard).

All those buttons means there are a lot of hotkeys.

4. you just blew my mind.

anymore tricks sensai?

5. I think H and J scroll left and right (for web, haven't tried elsewhere)

I and O are zoom in and zoom out (for maps, haven't tried for web/pics)

6. Just realized I can't upload pics to here from it... Oh well, ill survive. Just wanted to share a cool mantis shrimp picture I just downloaded.

7. Just realized I can't upload pics to here from it... Oh well, ill survive. Just wanted to share a cool mantis shrimp picture I just downloaded.

8. What I really want is radical feeds and updates from, say, F1. Anyone know if I can do that?

9. the blackberry even knows to double post and fail to post pics

it knows everything

10. I can do RSS feeds on my instinct, so I'm sure you can. No idea how though.

11. #86 Hoboman, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I know there are ways to get RSS feeds, I think there are custom apps for specific types of feeds.

http://viigo.com/download

This app is the best for tons of feeds on everything. How big is your data plan? I have 500mb and my first month I used 3mb but I didn't have Viigo.

Viigo gets news, weather, sports, entertainment, travel, local interest, and financial market feeds.

12. so im thinking of getting something similar for my next phone. I want something with a physical keyboard but i also would like something that doesnt look like its from the 90s like most blackberries. Any suggestions? So far the Nokia N97 looks pretty good, and the sony experia x1.

13. I think the newer Blackberries look pretty good. Bold 9000 and Curve 8900. They are huuuuge upgrades from the older models that really do look clunky.

14. What I really want is radical feeds and updates from, say, F1. Anyone know if I can do that?

15. What are radical feeds, and does F1 have any sort of update system online? I'm sure an app could be made to harnass that data as long as the data is freely available online.

16. #91 Enigma Lips, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Dude I got like unlimited everything. Thanks, ill check it out

17. you guys are so lucky with yer fancy blackberries n shit

18. Dude it was only 50 bucks

19. i can post with my phone too

20. I tried to talk to Luke via GoogleTalk via Blackberry today. I was ignored.