Production Focus ST

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by GT40 2, Sep 14, 2011.

1. #1 GT40 2, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Ford has finally revealed the production-ready 2012 Focus ST, which differs only in small details from the concept shown at last year’s Paris Auto Show. Tuned and tested by Ford’s American SVT and European RS teams and billed as the first truly global performance car from Ford, Europeans will still be treated to one variant that won’t make it to the US: a traditional wagon model.

Destined to be sold in over 40 markets on six continents, we already knew that the five-door Focus ST would be powered by a 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder with 247 horsepower, but now Ford has finally revealed the all-important torque number: 265 lb-ft of twist. That power will be transmitted to the front wheels via a six-speed manual transmission.

Contrary to previous suggestions, Ford’s RevoKnuckle front struts will not be present to help to limit torque steer, instead, Ford will use a Torque Vectoring Control system will act like a limited-slip rear differential to reduce understeer and provide increased levels of traction. Cornering Under Steer Control also helps scrub understeer by applying torque to create yaw torque in both power-on and power-off cornering situations.

The Focus ST will also receive an all-new anti-roll bar design, while upgraded shock absorbers and springs lower the ST chassis by 10mm for a more aggressive stance and a lower center of gravity.

The Euro-only wagon iteration will differ only slightly from the hatchback (besides being more capacious), with angled shock absorbers to get the most out of its cargo area.

Both cars will get unique interior details like ST-specific pedals, steering wheel and gearshift, while racy Recaro seats are also fitted. Even the rear bench has also been re-sculpted to provide more support during sporty driving.

“The new Focus ST is a really exciting car for Ford,” said Jost Capito, director of Global Performance Vehicles. “It’s the first performance model to build upon the design and technology strengths of one of our new global production vehicles. It’s a car built for driving enthusiasts all around the world and they will not be disappointed.”

Pricing for the Focus ST has not been announced, but expect it to be in the neighborhood of $26,000 when it goes on sale next spring.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-focus-st.html

2. Should be a fun car, I'm just still not sold on the looks.

3. its cute

nothing wrong with the loojks

4. I'm more interested in the Fiesta ST.

5. america needs more hot hatches so this makes me happy

6. rabbit lt1 knew about this car before it blew up all over the internet
    hes already kinda over it
    hecka played

7. Doesnt appeal to me looks-wise

8. I don't like the tail lights, but overall it is fairly attractive.