question on ford gt engine choice...

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by f11111, Sep 26, 2004.

1. There is a power package. I have seen an add for a S7 with it in the Du-Pont registry.

2. According to exotics4less.com there are only 48 models with the "High Output Package" and they are all 2003 models. I wonder which S7 is faster the 2003 with 625 bhp or the 2004 model with 575 bhp but with better gear ratios for faster accelertation and a revised clutch.

3. It was a flat-12, not a V-12 in the 917s

I'm sure he meant the F-40, not F-50 with TT's

Racing displacement regs + weight/weight distribution + cost + experience = the case for forced induction.

Ford has made thousands of supercharged V8's, and by doing that knows where the problem areas are and how to build them even better. Much more cost and time effective than engineering a brand new engine.

4. 2.9? who got that?

5. NRO.

6. Dont know what NRO means but these are manufacter's estimates the original saleen hit 60 in 3.3

7. Dont know what NRO means but these are manufacter's estimates the original saleen hit 60 in 3.3

8. Dont know what NRO means but these are manufacter's estimates the original saleen hit 60 in 3.3

9. Ohh shit im seeing triple....

10. 3.8 seconds from 100 to 131.2 mph sounds a little quick for the GT to be doing. ya, i know its quick tho, of course.