Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

Discussion in '1938 Lincoln Model K LeBaron Converible Sedan' started by Analogic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Does this Hummer perform better than any other SUV as an SUV (do not compare with other Hummer)?

I just want facts and educated opinions. NOT BULLSHIT REMARKS BASED ON BIAS

I don't know if it is or if it's not. I just want to know the truth of this machine.

Is there a better performing SUV performing as an SUV? (Again I know there is the other Hummer, but lets put aside the other one for now)<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

I would probably take a Land Rover Defender (they don't use these in the Sahara for nothing) or a Jeep TJ (rock climbers don't use these for show) over the Hummer. As soon as a car company focuses on on-road handling and performance, off-roading performance sufers (and vice-versa). For on-road handling, buy a car. For off-roading capabilities, buy a real truck.

3. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

it is true that the off road capabilities have gone down from the older hummer, however, the basic design (suspension, drive, frame) are still geared more towards off road than say... a ford, gm, etc.
    i would also consiter a landrover (discovery) before the h2.

4. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

Well your could be right about the Land Rovers as maybe the only SUVto out perform this, I could see that but I would still have to take this over it Just for the simple fact that I like its design more (asthetically). If the LNDRVR is the only SUV (street able as well as off road) Ill take this. But I would miss the Landrover<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

Hey I got a 99 Land Rover and just for the record I would like to let everybody know that they are a piece of crap and would definitely choose a hummer of any kind over a Land Rover. They may be descent off road but they are very high maintance vehicle. I have had my land rover since the summer of 1999 and i have had to the land rover dealership shop ten times. Yes you read correctly ten times, over problems like electrical functions wouldnt work, replacing the whole transmission due to faulty manufacturing, air conditioning unit, fan belt,and etc.
    reply if have any comments<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

Compared to most SUVs nowadays I would definetly take the H2, its true it is more capable then the trailblazers, exploreres, amigos, xterras, or whatever else. The defender is probably the only better, and whoever had the lemon it was just that, a lemon. i have known 2 guys with defenders that loved them other then some problem with the paint chipping easily off road(they actually took them there). and i knew one guy with a discovery that like it alot too. the land rovers use straight axels and good suspensions with good differentials. the H2 is better then about any other suv though. A good full size truck like a Ram 2500 or F-350 SD, with straight axels are more capable then ppl give them credit for, especially if you chop off them damn overrated extended cabs. with very inexpensive modifications(bigger tires, small lift, lockers, a snorkel) a truck could outperform an H2 for alot less total cash, plus they look better. The H2 just isnt as mean as the H1,oops i mentioned the H1

7. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

I agree, i'd rather have a defender 90 or a tj instead of this, but id also like to add that the old hummers were alot better for bushwhacking. This is too.....how could i put it......street-truckish.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

I had a Land Rover Discovery it was the biggest piece of crap I had ever owned. I think the H2 will kick the shit out of any land rover product. Oh, I do have to admit this to the world. I currently own an Avalanche Z71 and I go offroading like a mad man and about two weeks ago I had to pull out a Discovery just like mine. So this influenced me that I made the right decision in getting rid of that goddam piece of land rover eurotrash shit.HAIL the Mighty Chevy Avalanche...Motor Trends 2002 Truck Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take that you sissy Ford Drivers.

9. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

lets keep apples with apples. which truck can compare with the hummer well only two come to mind, the 1995 range rover county lwb and the defender 110 both of which were four door models(remember apples with apples) and the mighty Mercedes benz G-waagen. I favor the g-wagen over the others because they have shorter overhangs which is important to real off roaders and they come with STANDARD front/center/rear locking differentials!!! No detroit or arb's in here just german engineered lockers. Go to europe and that the truck of choice; oh, by the way, they use the g-wagen for the army in germany, france and austria where they are made by styre-puch or something.

10. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

yeah only one the yukon denali xl not onlt can it tow more than twice as much it beats everything about a hummer

11. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

I dont know where u got your info, but it makes sense that a yukon/tahoe could tow more, but it wont have nothing on a hummer off-road. and the avalanch guy--ure truck aint nearly is capable as u think it is. a standard cab pickup with the z71 package and comprable tires can outperform an avalanch easy. and your avalanch is a totally different vehicle than the D90/D110. obvioulsy, since u bought an avalanch u like the sad state of affairs that GM is in (besides the HD line) including their shitty ownership of hummer. u should buy an H2 and help support all the other dipshits that like these modern day car-trucks. I am positive it will outperform your Ave except in towing/cargo.

12. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

This is for Diabloman55. Obviously you have never been behind the wheel of an Avalanche Z-71.....no goddam single cab is going to be able to hang with the Avalanche offroading except in climbing mountains bc of the shorter wheelbase.....but i will tell you that Avalanche puts my old land rover thing to shame when it comes to going through deep slush and water....over the years i have been offroading in the same territory and the places where the land rover got stuck the Avalanche laughed at hence the long wheelbase....and I also have to say I go offroadin at least 6 times a month and have had the truck since september and have not been stuck yet...and by the way I support GM fully behind the development of the Avalanche bc of its uniqueness....c'mon think about it...name one other vehicle that looks like the Avalanche or can do what the Avalanche can do...the damn sporttrac is the closest thing, but is smaller,weaker,the wall dont fold down,it dont have ice chest built into it(which comes in real handy when fishing,hunting,etc),or tool box,and cant do half the shit the avalanche does offroad(trust me..through experience)and the final point..FORD MAKES CHEAP SHIT.....anyway I think its about goddam time GM stepped in on Hummer and making an H2 which is more civilized but still has aggresive offroad capabilities.

13. Re: Question only for those who are open minded and reasonable

I am a die hard H1 fan and owner, but today, I had the opportunity to test the H2. I was pleasantly surprised. I have not been impressed with the H2 articles and photos that I have found on the net (even those from Hummer themselves). While I did not do any serious off-road driving with this demo vehicle I did put it through some pretty intense testing. I agree that this is not the H1 but then again it is not meant to be, but for it's purpose, as far as one day of experience goes, I enjoyed it. Only a few demos are out there and I hope those that are judging them from the press info get the opportunity to see one in person.