Questionable

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet SSR Concept' started by 300ZXmaniak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I'm not real sure what to call this, ugly, truck, or car what do you think? And by the way, you can't replace the camaro

2. Re: Questionable

I don't think it looks too bad. From what I hear about it it seems stupid to call it a truck, as it's really made to just be a boulevard cruiser with a giant trunk.
    My girlfriend digs it as she loves old-ass trucks and this one has that retro look going on. Personally, I'll take my cool looking cars with a dose of horsepower so I'd take a Lightning and pocket the $10k difference any day of the week. Plus, I'm not as hot on the whole retro styling that seems to be so popular lately.

3. Re: Questionable

well lets see. if ppl like it it will get more power and more options and a better look within the third year right?
    so hmm selling out to the retro craze for a few years will make no dif to me if by the next gen of this car means the return of an el camino ss.
    well thats just my theorie but isn't there still a version on the camino in australia?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Questionable

the car looks like a real POS, I mean it, god that ugly<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Questionable

uhhm
    no ...
    its got a retro-flavored look, but otherwise is a high -tech machine, its got passion on it...

the pre-production model (a bit different from the think pictured here) has some things I have never expected in a Chevy, like decent interior finish and materials...
    and man the engine is hot, its priced straight at the Plymouth... ehh sorry Chrysler Prowler, but its got a lot more engine, and a Hard.-top and hell lots more room to put things on it... after all its got a cargo bed<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Questionable

i wouldn't buy it, remember people, this is the car GM is replacing the camaro with until 04!!

7. Re: Questionable

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 300ZXmaniak</i>
    <b>i wouldn't buy it, remember people, this is the car GM is replacing the camaro with until 04!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

dammit ...
    no its deffinitely not the Camaro replacement, this car is rather unique, a niche -car more than the sport pony car the Camaro was...
    and I'm betting they will keep producing it even when the new Camaro arrives... so obviously is no replacement.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Questionable

Definitely different. GM has already said this is no replacement for the Camaro (thank god!!). Not really my style but it's nice to see GM breaking the mold. High tech, fast, comfortable (I'm guessing), I know every hot rodder will want one. Definitely better then the PT Cruiser. Only other thing GM could do to make it more appealing is drop a big block in it and put some really loud pipes on it with the right cam to make it sound good. Then I might get over the looks.

9. Re: Questionable

Wow, i can't believe they even questioned using this to replace the camaro, may have a good engine, but the looks don't match.

10. Re: Questionable

this is sweet ass
    don't dis it

11. Re: Questionable

Well this is only my opinion but... i think it is one of the most uglyest gms i have ever seen but im not into retro I #%$@%%@ hate the PT cruiser it looks like somthing kick it in the A$$ really hard cause it is really slow n ugly thats why it a$$ is FAT n Flat!! hehe my opinion remeber this all you retro fansalthough Prowler is the Only good looking retro car i think but thats the only retro car i can think of worth buying lol

12. Re: Questionable

300hp from a 6.0L? Screw that noise, I'd rather take a WS-6 Firebird. With each new car I understand GM less and less.

13. Re: Questionable

This is replacin the camaro?

14. !

Probsty stinks like monkey poo. theheheheheheyehehhehehehhe. u suck. mwhahahahahaha looooooooooosssserrrrrr!

15. Re: Questionable

max power sux some major dick

16. Re: Questionable

this my friends is what you call the new el camino. it is aieght i personlly like my friends 1972 better but that is me. it has the 6.0 engine like the new silverado HD. the HD engine is rated at 325hp and 380trq i believe. the figures are wrong on this the engine for this car is suppose to be 400hp 400+trq. it will be one fast ride

17. Re: Questionable

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 87stang</i>
    <b>this my friends is what you call the new el camino. it is aieght i personlly like my friends 1972 better but that is me. it has the 6.0 engine like the new silverado HD. the HD engine is rated at 325hp and 380trq i believe. the figures are wrong on this the engine for this car is suppose to be 400hp 400+trq. it will be one fast ride</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uhm as far as I know the truck uses a lighter version of the Chevy trucks V8 engine and its indeed rated at some 280-300hp, not more, not less.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Questionable

I find this ugly , but I'm European .That can explain why I don't like at all the design.

19. Re: Questionable

The SSR is not an attempt to replace the camaro, does it look like a Camaro?, I don't think so, do the world a favor and stop drinking!!

The SSR is a new speices of Automobile, their is nothing questionable about it.

ElCam71, Don't Drink and Drive!!!!!!!!!

20. Re: Questionable

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>I find this ugly , but I'm European .That can explain why I don't like at all the design.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

indeed, Euro automakers don't make pickups, that's the reason...
    <!-- Signature -->