Raikkonen to Ferrari

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by lucky strike, Aug 14, 2013.

1. #1 lucky strike, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. The Lotus is currently better than the Ferrari

3. Lotus lacks money though, and no one knows who will be fast next year.

4. bbc tv says ferrari denys it.. just saying

5. #5 lucky strike, Aug 14, 2013
  6. #6 lucky strike, Aug 14, 2013
    Ferrari denies having an interest in the driver market right now, maybe because a deal is already signed?

rough google translation.

http://www.suomif1.com/2013/08/kommentti-bbc-ja-suomimedia-ferrarin-vietavana-kimin-sopimus-allekirjoitettu/

"The phrase was interpreted in the media so that the Ferrari denies Sport Bild magazine published the information. In fact, lack of interest in the market driver is probably due to the fact that they already have a name Räikkönen papers and survey the need for longer."

7. Why would Ferrari want two number ones?
    Kimi wouldn't be interested in being Alonso's wing man.

8. its a job he already didn't want that caused him to retire the first time.

9. Maybe he will replace Alonso?

10. Who's contract goes until 2016

11. #11 lucky strike, Aug 15, 2013
    There's also rumours of Alonso in talks with RBR, I'm sure theirs a few clauses in his contract if he wants to leave Ferrari. I don't think he will though.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130804/f1/130809943

12. There's also rumours of Alonso in talks with RBR, I'm sure theirs a few clauses in his contract if he wants to leave Ferrari. I don't think he will though.

13. Why wouldn't they? that would be the strongest line up in a long time or possibly ever. Also, last year Kimi was linked to Ferrari for this season.

14. stop posting dumb articles written for ad views

15. No ones forcing you to look at this thread.

16. Then how would I know you're posting dumb articles written for ad views?

17. News here tell today that Kimi is not coing to Red Bull and that while he does not have a contract for next season, he will 99.99% sure drive next year. The news ends to repeat that the latest rumour points to Ferrari.

18. I thought Lotus was a good place for him, why move to Ferrari? He's been there and done that.

19. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

20. #21 webber f1 racer, Aug 25, 2013
  21. Kimi will be announced as a Ferrari driver this week sometime, some sites are reporting Wednesday. There are even rumours of a swap with Alonso, meaning Alonso and Santander will go to Lotus. Personally, I think Hulkenberg will be the one who replaces Kimi at Lotus.

Pulled from Autosport forums

According to Tanja Bauer (SKY Germany) there could be a mega-deal on the way. Tanja says Renault CEO, Carlo Ghosn wants Fernando Alonso at Lotus next year. And guess who would be team principal?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTu7bbgIQAAO7fZ.jpg

22. I honestly think Ferrari would be stupid to choose Raikkonen over an up and coming star like Hulkenberg. It could happen though, they've been dumb enough to keep Massa as long as they have.

23. McLaren should have taken Hulkenberg instead of Perez, to me that was a no brainer.

I seen some links on the autosport forums suggesting that Hulkenberg was Ferrari's first choice before Hungary. He really deserves to be in a top team IMO.

24. I won't argue with you about Hulkenberg/McLaren, but I'll say this: Perez was pretty damn impressive last year (and honestly not too bad at all this year competing with Button, he just has some rough edges to smooth out), and Hulkenberg was actually outshone by Di Resta in the early part of the season.