Ran Sebring 500 in my Corvette Daytona Prototype

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by COUNTACH, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Was a very tough race at Sebring w my Corvette Daytona Prototype. Had the Ginetta & Ligier as competition and a very fast Ferrari 458. Race started and 5 laps in There was a TORRENTIAL downpour.
    I've never driven Sebring in that kind of rain. Lucky I saw the slippery flag on back straight so I braked down to about 60 mph for turn 17 where I ran into a lake and started hydroplaning towards the wall. Lucky I was able to save it and ther was water everywhere. I was slipping & sliding like mad.
    On straight going into hotel I saw slippery flag again & slowed but not enough so I hydroplaned again but this time I spun backwards and 3 ft off the wall doing like 40 praying the car wouldn't hit the wall.
    Finally I stopped, car just kissed the wall. Then a C6R goes flying past me over the grass out of control followed by a Porsche that was near another wall.
    Then 4 more cars went flying past me on the grass out of control, lucky I didnt get hit. I decided to get the hell out of there. So I spun her onto the escape road then went through grass trying not to get stuck. Finally made it back on track, sideways across track. I restarted and went as far as the kink where I picked up pace car & red flag.
    Race was stopped for about an hour. My team mate Alex Popow got in after the break and drove fantastically to end. He had an issue w fuel tank that car would sputter at half tank so he had to come in every 30 min for fuel. I was going to get in last hour but looked like rain and he's better than me in rain so I let him take it.
    We won in crazy conditions.
    Sunday I won 2nd 30 min Sprint race by 20 sec, 3rd race it w rained again so I took it easy & took 2nd in class, last race I took the lead the. My transmission started to not shift, finally got her to shift by double clutching and was able to hold onto 1st in Class , 3rd overall.

Attached Files:

sixspeedfirebird likes this.
  2. Welcome back! How long has it been? What ever happened to the Countach?

3. Thanks, still got it. It's being restored. Got a 13 Aventador. Love that car, sexy, comfy, fast, even has a bit of luggage space

Attached Files:

4. Strapping women to the roof isn't luggage space.

ETB4U likes this.
  5. This greatly amused me.

6. It can be, depending what you slide inside them :D

ETB4U likes this.
  7. Who in the hell is this guy? I don't remember him

ETB4U likes this.
  8. Used to post here (well, "here") in the early days. Was one of the famous ones when I joined because he actually owned a Countach, which was a lot more than 99.9999% what the rest of us teenagers had.

ETB4U likes this.
  9. What an arsehole....... living my dreams for me.......

ETB4U likes this.
  10. I was a teenager once too. No exotics & nearly impossible to get laid LOL. Still had fun though.

11. Oh, and to rub salt in it, he does real racing in a real race car.
    Brb, need lots of peanut butter with this jelly.

12. #12 COUNTACH, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    This is the salt, the HUBBELL BUBBLES. Sorry guys

I'll make it up to you. Come watch my next race Aug 26&27 @ Homestead, mention Supercars & I'll get you in VIP & introduce you to the Bubbles.

How's that ?

ETB4U likes this.
  13. You should put a sc.net sticker on your racecar and get some new members in here :D

Florida is out of my way. Any plans for a race happening at the track in Austin, Tx?​

14. Where do I get stickers? I'd love to race COTA but I don't know if it will happen this year. Going to Watkins Glen in Sept.

15. I am Canadian and can't get into the US for a couple more years.
    Have you had any interest in coming up here and lapping Jaques villeneuves new track Area 27? If you ever do I will gladly drive there.

http://www.area27.ca

16. We race at Mont Treblant sometimes w HSR if it doesn't interfere w my FL Championship. Maybe we'll go to CAN next year.

17. @Veyronman hook a brother up!