Rate it.......

Discussion in '2006 Lexus SC430 GT500' started by AmericanVintage, Dec 21, 2002.

1. I definitely give this car an 8, this is well made. And I think it will do fine when they become available, in what 2004? Anyways I give it an 8.

2. Re: Rate it.......

I say a 2. I say this because it sucks to say the least. I would have given it a a 1 but but I dicided Chevy need some credit for trying something new.

3. Re: Rate it.......

well, dare to be different I always say...and yes, definitely give Chevrolet credit for trying something different, and having it be worthy of production...I sure don't see ford trying anything like this with their trucks, fordgt90concept...are they not willing to take risks and create something retro in a truck like they did with the TBird? The SSR is a great example of trying something different, and I am pleased to see it make production...it is good to see more vehicles like this along the lines of the PT Cruiser, the TBird & the Dodge M80 concept truck...I gave the SSR a 10 for originality and overall appeal..

4. Re: Rate it.......

Ford has redesigned their entire line of trucks in the past five years once already, same as Dodge(Chevys still look almost identical since the early 1990's. However, Ford is doing it again in 2004 with the F-150s and in 2005 with the F-250s and F-350s. They don't need a retro styled truck because they don't see much of a market for it. They already out sell Chevy and Dodge and most buy Fords for the name. If people want a cool looking truck from Ford that also has performance, they will get a SVT Lightning, F-150 Harley-Davidson Version, or a Lincoln Blackwood.

5. Re: Rate it.......

you know, they're trying something new. you have to give them credit for that. chevy is usually very conservative, and won't introduce any thing unless they're DAMN certain it will sell well. My biggest dissapointment with this car/truck/thing is the engine. i'd really like to see the 345horse truck 6.0L in it, like was originally planned. i'd also like to see something besides the dated 4L60E, like maybe a 65E, or even better a T-56. that would be sweet. hopefully in a few years, if it takes off, pontiac will do the usual, and force feed it, and we'll have a real monster!

6. Re: Rate it.......

That's why I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because this is out of the norm for chevrolet.

7. Re: Rate it.......

I saw at in Detroit, and I was not impressed. There are just a few things wrong with this car/truck...
    1)Needs a bigger engine...The Vortech 5.3 doesnt make enough HP to move this thing in a real serious way. Yeah, the Tahoe works great with the 5.3 but I think the SSR could have been better with either the 6.0 HO or the LS-1...
    2) Wont replace anything at all...Though the Camaro is gone, a $40,000 "thing" wont do anything. If you ask me, they should have made it look more like the late 60s early 70s ElCamino and sell it as so.

8. Re: Rate it.......

Really... are you 11? You gotta be because you never give reason for anything.

9. Re: Rate it.......

this is so #$%#ing ugly

10. Re: Rate it.......

Quote - "Really... are you 11? You gotta be because you never give reason for anything."

Well, that's true, but who cares how old he is? People learn over time you know.

Quote - "I bet you a Fucking Million Dollars if Ford came out with this car you'd give it a 10 just because it's a Ford. Stop listening to you're absent minded old man and come up with your own opinions because these ones you give us now suck. You're old man is stupid."

Yeah, that's probly ture! Anyway I give it a 9! It has nice styling, the interior is nice, and the power is fairly decent!

11. Re: Rate it.......

"you know, they're trying something new. you have to give them credit for that. chevy is usually very conservative, and won't introduce any thing unless they're DAMN certain it will sell well. My biggest dissapointment with this car/truck/thing is the engine. i'd really like to see the 345horse truck 6.0L in it, like was originally planned. i'd also like to see something besides the dated 4L60E, like maybe a 65E, or even better a T-56. that would be sweet. hopefully in a few years, if it takes off, pontiac will do the usual, and force feed it, and we'll have a real monster!"

u call chevy conservative? yeah cuz the avalanche is soooo conservative

12. Re: Rate it.......

I give it a solid 8.

13. Re: Rate it.......

I would say something about this vehicle, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. It's like that commercial for the Toyota Matrix "it's a... little blue/silvery... thingy".

14. Re: Rate it.......

I have yet to see one on the road.

Looks? I give it a 7 (Very original, could have been refined)

Performance? Give it a 4 (Expect alot more out of GM 5.3L V8)

Price? I give a stone cold 1 (WAY TOO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU GET)

Should lower it to about 25K.

So my average is about 4.

The hot rod is being redefined, Get on the bandwagon or be left behind.

15. Re: Rate it.......

i give it a 2... bieng one of the few people who can peep though the window of one.

16. Re: Rate it.......

I gave it an eight, it is very very nice, but it is still very exspensive and you will never use it for what it is supposed too do.

17. Re: Rate it.......

when i first saw it i would have given it a 1-2. but the style has grown on me so i give it a 7. it would have been higher but i don't like convertables.