Re: 0 - 60 is wrong!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by Shaneyxlr8, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 0 - 60 is wrong!!!!

the REAL 0-60 is 3.2 sec. and if you dont believe me go to the koeningsegg website or buy the greatest car mag, EVO

Shaney<!-- Signature -->

2. If you look around at a lot of these stats, most of them are "incorrect". This usually occurs from using different sources to obtain them. One place may have gotten the 0-60mph at 3.4 seconds, and that's what supercars.net has decided to use. And then there are some cases where the stats are just completely wrong because of an error.<!-- Signature -->

3. There are many ways in which an error could have been made. For all we know the claimed 3.2 sec sprint could've been acheived on drag slicks. Don't foget you also have to account for test conditions and driver experience. The time are probably all correct for the conditions they were tested in.

4. True, I seem to come across more conservative stats on this web page.<!-- Signature -->

5. I figured that the 0-60 time was wrong, because if the 1/4 mile is correct, then this thing must accelerate a good deal faster than the 3.4 seconds that they listed. The 800TT Dodge Viper for instance has a 9.98 (or very close to that) 1/4 mile time, and it goes an entire second faster than the time they had listed for 0-60.<!-- Signature -->

6. Supercars.net is wrong about many 0-60 times!!! All doubt will be cleared up win the CC is officially tested by international standards at race tracks like the Nurburgring.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TASwim05</i>
    <b>I figured that the 0-60 time was wrong, because if the 1/4 mile is correct, then this thing must accelerate a good deal faster than the 3.4 seconds that they listed. The 800TT Dodge Viper for instance has a 9.98 (or very close to that) 1/4 mile time, and it goes an entire second faster than the time they had listed for 0-60.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Try 10.7 you #$%#in moron. Im sick of all you venom fanatics. Okay its a good car, but its not the best car our there. It's just another viper. Some people are even trying to tell me that the venom has a faster top speed then the mclaren F1. FAce it all of you guys it will never happen.

8. #8 w4ngfU, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    lol, lets get into a pissing fit about .2 of a second to 60...that is an inconsequential difference...and i don't think many people are going to be drag-racing these things..also, the official time for the venom 800 TT as tested by the man himself, is 2.4 sec to 60, 10.1 @ 137 mph in the quarter...the first estimate of high-9's was closer...you can check out hennesseymotorsports.com for the official time slip
    here is the direct link to the time slip
    http://www.hennesseymotorsports.com/images/NEW/3-17-2001_Timeslip.jpg <!-- Signature -->

9. hey! the venom takes the slalom at 75mph! even lambo cant touch that! nothing i know of can! the closest is the Honda S2000 at 70mph(yes its a hard to believe fact).<!-- Signature -->

10. #10 BMW M, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WaNgFu</i>
    <b>lol, lets get into a pissing fit about .2 of a second to 60...that is an inconsequential difference...and i don't think many people are going to be drag-racing these things..also, the official time for the venom 800 TT as tested by the man himself, is 2.4 sec to 60, 10.1 @ 137 mph in the quarter...the first estimate of high-9's was closer...you can check out hennesseymotorsports.com for the official time slip
    here is the direct link to the time slip
    http://www.hennesseymotorsports.com/images/NEW/3-17-2001_Timeslip.jpg </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hennessey only reached that acceleration with "cheat tires". The 800 TT is not even stock so why compare it to the CC. If you tune a CC, it will destroy the TT in a drag race. Oh and lets not forget that the CC has higher top speed and amazing bilateral acceleration of 1.15 g!!!<!-- Signature -->