Re: '03 Viper vs. '03 GT40

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by TAWS7, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Yes, i think the Viper would win as well.<!-- Signature -->

2. The Viper GTS has gone up against a lot of Mid-Engined cars and has proved to be faster around a track and handle better than most of them, so I guess we really can't tell who will win on the track. The Viper also lost a little less than 200 pounds, but I don't know if that will make it less than the GT-40. This will be close, and I surely can't say who I think will win, because I just am not sure.<!-- Signature -->

3. well if you look at the stats you'll see that they are about = top speed for both are est at 200 but i don't know about the 0-60 the will be what to look at.

4. The GT-40 will win no questions asked.<!-- Signature -->

5. I love both of these cars, I have no idea who would win, but I'm sure it would be an awesome race<!-- Signature -->

6. sorry*-------most cars have 200-225hp from 3.0 V6's or inline 6's-----
    /\ for up there /\

7. that's true but why would they want to limit the speed if it's going up against Ferraris that go 200+. you'd think that they'd make it lower so that they could do 200+. but i geuss they don't care about top speed as much as 0-60 and stuff like that<!-- Signature -->

8. '03 Viper vs. '03 GT40

i can't wait for motor trend to do a shot out between those two supercars. they are = matches and if some one thinks otherwise they don't know they're history! if the '03 GT40 is anything like the 60's one it'll kick butt!! and the vipers got a big challenge!

9. Maybe this one will have more replys, the one in the 2003 Viper RT/10 forum by me doesn't have any replys, and I was just going to post the same topic here then I found there was already one. Personally I think these 2 cars will be dead even. The Viper has been known to also handle really well, but then so does the GT40. I can't wait for this comparo.<!-- Signature -->

10. Man, this is really a big question !

I really would like to see the GT40 win...

But Vipers are 8.0 V10...against 5.7 V8 GT40...

So I think the Viper will win !

But that's what I think...<!-- Signature -->

11. They're both going to have 500HP/500TQ, but the GT40 will be much lighter, so I'd go with the GT40.

12. gt40 cuz its lighter and mid-engined. i dont think the viper will have much of a chance

13. Well, what about styling? The GT40 definitely has a classic look, and was modernized real nice, but I like the looks of the Viper better- it's cleaner. But I don't know about the 03. I like the 02 the best. They should've just changed shit under the bodywork, not the bodywork itself.<!-- Signature -->

14. I agree with KingVenom. No matter what car wins, it will be an exceptional race. Personally I'm glad that Ford has finally entered the high end performance car arena. It can be said that the Mustang Cobra R is a high end performance car, but it's still a Mustang. Chevy has the vette and ma Mopar has the Viper. Now Ford's got the GT 40.

15. The GT-40 is better
    Why>? CAUSE IT GOT 500.1 HP!!!!!!!!!!
    not just 500, it has .1 extra pony to kill the viper with!
    ( lol, jk )
    Well,
    The formula goes like this
    100pounds= .10seconds on quater mile
    So that means for every 1000 pounds theres a second off your quater mile.
    Seriously, Ford really wants to compete now!
    I would like to see this car become le mans all over again
    But that job is for the Saleen S7 <!-- Signature -->

16. man why do we have to wait till '03 to see this in motor trend!! it's gonna be there best seller in years! and they are going to do the shot out cause theyed be realy stuiped not to. <!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>Man, this is really a big question !

I really would like to see the GT40 win...

But Vipers are 8.0 V10...against 5.7 V8 GT40...

So I think the Viper will win !

But that's what I think...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Lido, did you make a huge mistake on purpose, or what? The 2003 Viper is a 8.3 V10 and the GT40 is a 5.4 V8. I'm pretty sure I'm right.<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NYCStangGT</i>
    <b>Well, what about styling? The GT40 definitely has a classic look, and was modernized real nice, but I like the looks of the Viper better- it's cleaner. But I don't know about the 03. I like the 02 the best. They should've just changed shit under the bodywork, not the bodywork itself.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> i like the GT40's looks better, and i like you're right about the viper. they didn't need to change the looks of it just beef the power up. (which they did a good job of)<!-- Signature -->

19. No, the old Viper was too immature-looking. The Viper has grown up. It is a better-looking car than the GT40. Check out the hood. Looks like someone dropped an anvil on it. And Jaguarkid's constantly making fun of cars built within the past ten years because they look "so old". He hates old cars, take it from me. He just likes this becaue it's fast and it's a Ford.<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DANVM</i>
    <b>No, the old Viper was too immature-looking. The Viper has grown up. It is a better-looking car than the GT40. Check out the hood. Looks like someone dropped an anvil on it. And Jaguarkid's constantly making fun of cars built within the past ten years because they look "so old". He hates old cars, take it from me. He just likes this becaue it's fast and it's a Ford.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> and what's wrong with liking a car because it's fast and is made by one of the best companies?<!-- Signature -->

21. I dont belive that the total liters of the engine will matter, all it is a bigger engine. Most likely easier to tune but the stats on the GT40 are much better and the skidpad is unparralled

22. I kinda think the vipers going to win but I don't know the past sure puts the gt-40 first but the viper has more than prooved itself to make this is a good comparison in my opinion I like the GT-40's looks way more though but the viper has that I'm gonna eat you thing going on.

(also the viper lowered itself a bit wich means better handling so this should be good)

anybody can drive a fast car but can they keep it fast?

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 84 Vette driver</i>
    <b>(also the viper lowered itself a bit wich means better handling so this should be good)

anybody can drive a fast car but can they keep it fast?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't think so.

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gerbel01</i>
    <b>gt40 cuz its lighter and mid-engined. i dont think the viper will have much of a chance</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yes your right

25. The viper is not known to handle at all. If I have to get out some books to scan and show you guys that Mario Andretti(Named probably the best driver of all time) Sayed this car handles bad and was very loose in the turns. Personally I think handling and Viper should not be mentioned in the same sentence since it sucks at handling!!!!!!!!

Don'tever say it handles good again please cause it doesn't, this thing has too much torque for it to handle well enough to compete with any likes of Ford of Chevy. The Cobra R proved it when it smoked the GTS viper in a road test done by alot of magazines.