Re: 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra vs. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by MastrVipr, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra vs. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

I would go with the Corvette, bout you?

2. Corvette, Mustang needs to go on a diet and loss weight

3. That's true.

4. don't you guys read other threads. i promise you there has been almost 4 threads with the same stupid comparison. let it go, the z06 wins wow, great tired of reading the same stupid arguments, there are more than thousand different cars and everyone has to come and compare it to the z06.
    i don't know if you are even a chev fan but read most recent threads and and then make a new thread. there is a more button at the buttom, click that and read more threads.

5. the z06 is also 15k more then the cobra. the cobra is the best bang for its buck on the market!

6. True,428cipower<!-- Signature -->

7. what's the 0-60 and how much do it cost?
    i still like the Z06 better.

8. wait a second..... CAr and Drive tested the ZO6 vs the cobra Vs viper.... what was the outcome... the ZO6 came on top..... and the cobra tested there waht $44k... and the Cobra tested had a S/C....... Corvette is N/A.... weres ford... they cant do anything without superchargers.... am i right?<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SnakeSkinnerLT1</i>
    <b>wait a second..... CAr and Drive tested the ZO6 vs the cobra Vs viper.... what was the outcome... the ZO6 came on top..... and the cobra tested there waht $44k... and the Cobra tested had a S/C....... Corvette is N/A.... weres ford... they cant do anything without superchargers.... am i right?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No your not right, your wrong. It was the z06 vs cobra r(na) vs viper. Thats right N/A 385hp in the cobra r. And who cares if the new cobra does have a sc on it? It gets the job done just the same as a N/A engine. Would you really care if your stock car ran 12.6 in the quarter mile and had 425hp even though it had a sc on it? I wouldn't care at all. All that and $15,000 less than the z06. Not that the z06 is bad, but I'm getting tired of people saying this car and that car can't compete with the z06...WE F^CKING KNOW. Save that shit for the bmw, and porsche threads.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SnakeSkinnerLT1</i>
    <b>wait a second..... CAr and Drive tested the ZO6 vs the cobra Vs viper.... what was the outcome... the ZO6 came on top..... and the cobra tested there waht $44k... and the Cobra tested had a S/C....... Corvette is N/A.... weres ford... they cant do anything without superchargers.... am i right?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And the Vette has 5.7L compared to 4.6L........GM can't do anything without big cubes......!!!! Does it really matter whether the power's from a SC or big capacity?? If it's fast it's fast.....and for heaven's sake stop comparing apples and oranges!!<!-- Signature -->

11. why even compare for one thing there way out of eachothers price range i mean the normal 4.6 without a supercharger puts out a weak 260 horse but 2004 is planned to have 285 but it still one mess with the new GTO with expected 350 horse

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 428cjpower</i>
    <b>the z06 is also 15k more then the cobra. the cobra is the best bang for its buck on the market!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

pick up a damn magazine. Everyone has labled the Corvettes as the best value of a sports car. Have u ever looked at the fact. options compared to a mustang? I mean hmm the vettes got dual zone climate control, a handeling device that will put the car where u want it no matter how bad the conditions, they have 3 choices of suspensoion to select from a switch, umm bose stereo, and shit like being able to tell how much air is in the tires from the dash. Thats just to name a few. Oh did i mention its been automobile and autoweeks best open air ride. Oh... and its really fast too. And ya know that ZO's gonna eat the cobra

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JAvery20</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 428cjpower</i>
    <b>the z06 is also 15k more then the cobra. the cobra is the best bang for its buck on the market!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

pick up a damn magazine. Everyone has labled the Corvettes as the best value of a sports car. Have u ever looked at the fact. options compared to a mustang? I mean hmm the vettes got dual zone climate control, a handeling device that will put the car where u want it no matter how bad the conditions, they have 3 choices of suspensoion to select from a switch, umm bose stereo, and shit like being able to tell how much air is in the tires from the dash. Thats just to name a few. Oh did i mention its been automobile and autoweeks best open air ride. Oh... and its really fast too. And ya know that ZO's gonna eat the cobra</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Being $15,000 less and only a couple tenths slower, the Cobra is a damn good bang for the buck. Again apples and oranges. But if you want to be a fuggin f@ggot about it, I would take a z06 over a cobra, a viper over a z06, a gt40 over a viper,...etc. You see?

Does the mach 1000 get no respect? Seriously, 1140 watts, 10 speakers, 4 subs...it's unbelievable. And, sh&t, who the f%ck needs all the damn options. I think I can spare a minute and check the tire pressure myself. All those options have nothing to do with performance, but if you like that sh&t, go shopping for a caddillac/bmw/lincoln/merc, corvette isn't the 'ultimate' in luxury.<!-- Signature -->

14. Obviously the 2002 Z06 would win but my question is this Cobra vs. a Corvette coupe. Being as the 320hp Cobra does 0-60mph in 5.5 seconds and the 350hp Corvette does it in 4.5 seconds I'd still say the Vette would win. Unless Ford did something spectacular I doubt an extra 70hp will make it more than 1 second faster if even that. Heck, from the GT at 5.9 to the Cobra at 5.5, there's a whole 60hp difference. Given these numbers I'd say the '03 Cobra would do around 5 seconds flat. Still not bad for 30k though. I think the Vette's speed has greatly to do with its aerodynamics and maybe its transmission. Vettes just look better. Ford still needs to work on the aerodynamics of their Stangs. They're still too boxy. And for only 10k more you could be a proud owner of America's muscle car, the Corvette baby! <!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 91FirebirdV8Formula</i>
    <b>Obviously the 2002 Z06 would win but my question is this Cobra vs. a Corvette coupe. Being as the 320hp Cobra does 0-60mph in 5.5 seconds and the 350hp Corvette does it in 4.5 seconds I'd still say the Vette would win. Unless Ford did something spectacular I doubt an extra 70hp will make it more than 1 second faster if even that. Heck, from the GT at 5.9 to the Cobra at 5.5, there's a whole 60hp difference. Given these numbers I'd say the '03 Cobra would do around 5 seconds flat. Still not bad for 30k though. I think the Vette's speed has greatly to do with its aerodynamics and maybe its transmission. Vettes just look better. Ford still needs to work on the aerodynamics of their Stangs. They're still too boxy. And for only 10k more you could be a proud owner of America's muscle car, the Corvette baby! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->first of all ur a #$%#in dumbass. do u know that the cobra 0-60 is 4.5 that will keep up with the vette. the '03 cobra is faster then the vette coupe and only a bit slower then the z06.for 15k less, i would go with the cobra hands down.Its the best bang for its buck on the market today!!!!!

16. #16 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 91FirebirdV8Formula</i>
    <b>Obviously the 2002 Z06 would win but my question is this Cobra vs. a Corvette coupe. Being as the 320hp Cobra does 0-60mph in 5.5 seconds and the 350hp Corvette does it in 4.5 seconds I'd still say the Vette would win. Unless Ford did something spectacular I doubt an extra 70hp will make it more than 1 second faster if even that. Heck, from the GT at 5.9 to the Cobra at 5.5, there's a whole 60hp difference. Given these numbers I'd say the '03 Cobra would do around 5 seconds flat. Still not bad for 30k though. I think the Vette's speed has greatly to do with its aerodynamics and maybe its transmission. Vettes just look better. Ford still needs to work on the aerodynamics of their Stangs. They're still too boxy. And for only 10k more you could be a proud owner of America's muscle car, the Corvette baby! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

2001 Cobra has 320 horsepower, 317 ft lb of torque and goes 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/roadtests/2001/July/200107_roadtest_svtcobra.xml?keywords=cobra

A 2001 GT goes 0-60 in 5.4 seconds.

http://www.motortrend.com/dec99/mustanggt/1.html

Now I can't argue with what you 'think' looks better. Although this is the same 6 speed transmission that vipers have (and I'm not sure, the z06 too). A base corvette is a low 13 second car. The Cobra is a proven mid-high 12 second car. You can like whatever car you like, but the cobra is simply faster.<!-- Signature -->

17. Correction, the 2001 Cobra 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. The SS Camaro was tested to 4.9

"The Cobra scooted to 60 mph in only 4.8 seconds and through the quarter in 13.5 seconds at 105 mph. Our last Z28SS (a particularly quick model we tested in October 1998) hit 60 mph in 4.9 seconds and did the quarter in 13.5 seconds at 107 mph."

18. I stand corrected. LOL, didn't read my own link.

19. THE NEW MM & FF PUT A SHORTER PULLY ON THE 03' MUSTANG ICED THE MANIFORD AND THREW OUT THE STOCK FILTER AND THEMUSTANG RAN A 12.01 ON STOCK TIRES WITH DRAGE RADIAL THE CAR WOULD BE IN THE 11'S FOR SURE

20. There has been numerous test runs on these cars. There has been days that the COBRA R has had better runs than the Z06 and vice-versa. On that specific day where the z06 cobra R and viper were tested, the z06 came out on top as overall performance. That doesnt mean that it came out on top on all the tests that day, it just means that it scored higher than the other two after the fact, on that day. Also, the large wing on the Cobra R creates drag therefore taking away from 0-60 times, but putting it on top as far as handling goes

21. I was just at the dragstrip and i saw a new 2003 Cobra coupe run a 12.80 on street tires, totaly stock from ford, no mods no nothin, and it was a pretty rusty run, so im sure on slicks and with some more practice, could get down to the low 12's.

22. Easily, if he can drive. With all its power all across the rpm band but especially down low torque, it needs something to get it to the ground.

23. There's not a better car for 35K. And a C5 for 40K isn't as good either.
    There's not a better looking mustang either.

24. I agree this is a stupid Comparison.

the Z06 totally owns this car as it has been said time and time again.

Let it go dammit. 03 Cobra is still a great car. Its a Muscle car, why do I call it a muscle car and not a pony car you ask, because of its 3600pound weight. at over 400 HP the 03 Cobra is a modern representation of a true Muscle car.

And props should be given to this awesome Stang.