Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. The BMW M3

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Cobra Man, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>Oh yeah, I'm really worried. A bunch of American Muscle guys are gonna make fun of me and tell me that I don't know about their cars. Oh no, I don't know about shitty Mustangs.

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No a bunch of guys that knew more about cars at age 5 then you know about them now will prove you wrong. Oh and about the pricing of the m3, I qouted the price for the convertable, which is around $55-56,000. Which like I said is the same or more money thant the cobra r.
    Here's a question, what do you drive? Please be honest.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>Oh yeah, I'm really worried. A bunch of American Muscle guys are gonna make fun of me and tell me that I don't know about their cars. Oh no, I don't know about shitty Mustangs.

No a bunch of guys that knew more about cars at age 5 then you know about them now will prove you wrong. Oh and about the pricing of the m3, I qouted the price for the convertable, which is around $55-56,000. Which like I said is the same or more money thant the cobra r.
    Here's a question, what do you drive? Please be honest.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats the price of an M3 convertable, the coupe is $45 000. You gotta compare coupes to coupes and convertable to convertables. I drive a 94' 540i.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>"America is considered the major turning point, because first of D-day, striking the Germans in their heart." Where were you guys during the rest of the war? Oh yeah, American considers themselves the turning point, I would say it was the fued between Hitler and Stalin.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good. You can have your own opinion, there is no right answer. Although you basically disagree with any historian or person from that era. Stalin was important, but not as important as you think and he had a lot of support from us and some from the other allies. America's entry in the war, and d-day WERE the major turning points. A lot of people would also make a case for when we captured a German enigma machine and broke their code. This allowed us to win very many crucial battles. A lot of other people would say that its the first huge wave of U.S. troops came in and fought the Germans all the way out of France.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>Can you honestly tell yourself that Isreal needs the money more than, say Euthiopia? Mali? Botswana? Isreal is rich compared to these countries. A freaking 25 year life expectancy, yeah their living it up over there.

Who the HELL made you the secretary of the United States budget? The people who are in charge are doing a FINE job, and if you disagree then you can run against them. You are just some dumb outsider who has no idea of politics. You just like to complain about what you think is wrong while you know NONE of the circumstances. America can't do everything, and we never said we do. We are doing the best we can which right now is better than any other country. You never told me which country you are from.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>". P.S. you have any proof of that 5/7th?" Not right at the moment, I know a guy that has the stats, but I won't get them for a while. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I have time, although I’m betting you won’t.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I really can't disagree with anything you said because its all true. Except for the Isreal thing, Isreal doesn't need money, the other countries that I said do. Don't believe about the stats until I get them.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S7-311</i>
    <b>Cobraman, where did u get your avater pic? Either tell me the site or just post some more pics so i can get em'.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->which one?<!-- Signature -->

5. #80 Cobra Man, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S7-311</i>
    <b>Pleeeeeeeeze post the yellow saleen!!!!!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Oh I got that from www.autoweek.com. <!-- Signature -->

6. mmmm....saleeeen

FYI to anyone in the market for one of these gems, they measure you and personalize the vehical when you purchase it, to determine, shape/size of the seat, length of shifter, steering wheel, gas/brake/clutch pedals

7. Okay, this car is MEANT to compete with the M3, it's just a better and cheaper alternitive. It offers the Same handling, better speed and better price. So what if the M3 has a better interior, do you really care?<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>Okay, this car is MEANT to compete with the M3</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I disagree. The Mustang Cobra and the BMW M3 are two totally different animals.

I like the Cobra enough to put it on my signature, but I also have a ton of respect for the M3. It has BMW luxury, space and style, plus it has Corvette-like performance and a total price of about $50,000. <!-- Signature -->

9. I hate it when people drool over the m3. Sure it has a more spacious back seat, but I don’t think the overall interior is any better. And the styling isn’t anything to write home about either.<!-- Signature -->

10. Well I drool over the M3, but I love the M5. It's bigger and faster. But you know what the M3 and the Cobra are two seperate cars, I mean shit, that's like comparing this car to the Bentley Arnage T, a near 6,000 lb car that is quick as lightning, but nobody would compare them becuase they're different. The only thing the M3 and the Cobra have in common is close performance. The Cobra is a Muscle car, and the M3 is a sport coupe with some muscle. Both are nice ass cars! Ones just cheaper to attain higher speeds!<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SeansVette</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>Okay, this car is MEANT to compete with the M3</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I disagree. The Mustang Cobra and the BMW M3 are two totally different animals.

I like the Cobra enough to put it on my signature, but I also have a ton of respect for the M3. It has BMW luxury, space and style, plus it has Corvette-like performance and a total price of about $50,000. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey! I never said I didn't like the M3, I actually like it more. I'm just telling the truth, that's all.[not that the cobra is bad, though]<!-- Signature -->

12. lol
    alot of people responded
    that is great
    <!-- Signature -->

13. The Cobra would be better down a drag strip, but the M3 is a lot better as a performance car overall....even if it does cost about $10-15K more.<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>I hate it when people drool over the m3. Sure it has a more spacious back seat, but I don’t think the overall interior is any better. And the styling isn’t anything to write home about either.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

When I said "BMW Styling" I was referring to the type of car. It's a luxury coupe which satisfies a type of buyer. It's also a performance machine which satisfies buyers like me. You literally get the best of both words.

I'm not saying I think the M3 is better. I'm just saying it's different. <!-- Signature -->

15. Even though the cobra is faster than the m3, I would still take an m3.
    A cobra is just for cruising around on weekends and showing up at drag strips. The M3 is just for me! The M3 is for all purposes: cruising aroung, Racing cars at a stoplight, and most of all: Going for a long ride. Its all just opinion though, and some people would rather have the faster, meaner looking cobra.

There both great cars!!

16. THANKS FOR THE SALEEN PICS COBRAMAN

I wanted to change my avater because I didnt like it at all, Thanks for the pics

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>Okay boys there has been enough pointless argueing so let me lay it down for you. The Ford Mustang Cobra is a totally different class than the BMW M3 and they are aimed towards completely different buyers. Now I don't know much about the Mustang because I don't follow American muscle, so I don't know its lateral acceleration or skidpad numbers or any of that, but if its like the rest of the mustangs, then it will simply be a straight line car. The people that will buy this watch Nascar and Drag Racing leauges. While the BMW is for more refined or "upper class" type people that do luncheons and work behind a desk.

If you had bothered to read the entire threat from the beginning, you would have noticed that the issue of mustangs and bmws being compared is like apples and oranges. They are not to be compared because of price and the type of people they are meant to appeal, so your statement is like giving mouth to mouth to a corpse...A Waste of breath. you actually think you came in here with something intelligent to say? Its already been said, and second, the reason for the debate is because of a members obsession to prove a point.

18. just for the record this is not my first post i was banned form the site by import car loving militants so i had to create a new account off a diffrent e-mail address. Anyway comparing the m3 to the mustang is just fine the are both sport coupes. Just one is mor muscle and the other is more muscle. Now as for agnus you said in the begining if you own an old bmw you could be white trash...welll i consider 8 years old, old. Also i looked at the clues and i see your definatley canadian. your country sucks. You and your countrymens ideas and views of the world are terrible, one the world bank isnt the best orginiazation but its not all our fault it part yours. second giving funds to 3rd worls countries such as etheopia and somalia only breeds more corruption because there is NO GOVERMENT!!! now canadian i expect u not to reply or to reply with basically bull sh*it saying how im dumb or white trash or whatever. Well im not so tough sh*it.

19. wow i just read my own post there are a sh*it load of gramatical errors(its late) so just ignore them

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b>Okay boys there has been enough pointless argueing so let me lay it down for you. The Ford Mustang Cobra is a totally different class than the BMW M3 and they are aimed towards completely different buyers. Now I don't know much about the Mustang because I don't follow American muscle, so I don't know its lateral acceleration or skidpad numbers or any of that, but if its like the rest of the mustangs, then it will simply be a straight line car. The people that will buy this watch Nascar and Drag Racing leauges. While the BMW is for more refined or "upper class" type people that do luncheons and work behind a desk.

If you had bothered to read the entire threat from the beginning, you would have noticed that the issue of mustangs and bmws being compared is like apples and oranges. They are not to be compared because of price and the type of people they are meant to appeal, so your statement is like giving mouth to mouth to a corpse...A Waste of breath. you actually think you came in here with something intelligent to say? Its already been said, and second, the reason for the debate is because of a members obsession to prove a point. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your post was almost good accept for its completely ironic. If YOU had read all the post then you would know that we already discussed this and people already said that. So you did the same thing I did, but you were trying to make fun of me for doing it, good one. Do you think you came in here with something intelligent to say? Hopefully not.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

21. you dont even deserve to be able to argue with a canadian so just dont talk

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gm111</i>
    <b>you dont even deserve to be able to argue with a canadian so just dont talk</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Who are you talking to?<!-- Signature -->

23. Thats funny there, buddy. Looks like you said up there, and I quote, "The Ford Mustang Cobra is more expensive." I don't see any R in there. You should read all of YOUR own posts before criticizing mine, dumbass.
    Have yourself a great day.

24. Ohh come on. I'm dissapointed with THAT comment. Now I love my Stangs and all but JEEEEEZZZ. The intirior is ...uhhhh. I cant even get into it. If you think the styling of that car is anything to write home about, then I don't feel arguing about its interior, which I dont think is even comparable to the Mustangs, is going to help.

25. I have been in m3s and I don't think there that damn luxurious and nice. Frankly there is more room in the driver and passenger seat in my stang than in the bmw. And I said the styling is Not anything to write home about. Mainly because it's so bland and boring. And look I know all about its performance, but I think that if some people took off the damn badge they would have different opinions.