Re: 200kW XU6

Discussion in '2001 HSV VX2 XU6' started by Rzeractor, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 104625</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Rzeractor</i>
    <b>Heh. Hah.
    MUAHAHAHA
    So. You DO think that Ford will overcome holden eh?
    Heh. In the next series of HSV, the SV300 will up a couple of horsepower to the 400kilowatt mark. Thats 5 F*cking hundred horsepower!
    500 horsepower from a 6.2L V8 engine. Id like to see ford beat that.
    and the car? The HSV VY SV400.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh wow 4000kw tell me where are u going to use that??? (you must remember TORQUE is more useful than KW, all KW give you is the amount of fuel ur gonna use up) and geez out of 6.2l hehehe thats funny (thats a big mutha of an engine)!!!! Can I ask where u gor ut info from??? Publication? Date? Page? Links??? Or did it just pop into ur head?? Does 400kw make u go faster around a track?? Does it make ur car handle better?? You Holden people re all the same its all about the engine (which all that Holden/HSV have done is detune, i mean for #$%#s sake for the SV300 you has to send it back to callaway in the states to build it).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Funny that aint it.
    Look at the HSV VT GTS 220i. 475 nm with 295 horses.
    The SV300 has a bit more, 510 nm with 400 horses. I think the car gets the faster ACCELLERATION FROM THE HORSEPOWER. 35 more nm wont make such a big difference. Ive seen cars around the same weight and horsepower with 510 nm and they dont have cars doing 0-100 kmh and 0-400m times close to the VT GTS220i with 295 horsepower. Ofcourse torque makes a car go but if you dont have enough horsepower to make up for all that torque, it doesnt mean shit.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Rzeractor</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 104625</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Rzeractor</i>
    <b>Heh. Hah.
    MUAHAHAHA
    Heh. In the next series of HSV, the SV300 will up a couple of horsepower to the 400kilowatt mark. Thats 5 F*cking hundred horsepower!
    and the car? The HSV VY SV400.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh wow 4000kw tell me where are u going to use that??? (you must remember TORQUE is more useful than KW, all KW give you is the amount of fuel ur gonna use up) and geez out of 6.2l hehehe thats funny (thats a big mutha of an engine)!!!! Can I ask where u gor ut info from??? Publication? Date? Page? Links??? Or did it just pop into ur head?? Does 400kw make u go faster around a track?? Does it make ur car handle better?? You Holden people re all the same its all about the engine (which all that Holden/HSV have done is detune, i mean for #$%#s sake for the SV300 you has to send it back to callaway in the states to build it).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Funny that aint it.
    Look at the HSV VT GTS 220i. 475 nm with 295 horses.
    The SV300 has a bit more, 510 nm with 400 horses. I think the car gets the faster ACCELLERATION FROM THE HORSEPOWER. 35 more nm wont make such a big difference. Ive seen cars around the same weight and horsepower with 510 nm and they dont have cars doing 0-100 kmh and 0-400m times close to the VT GTS220i with 295 horsepower. Ofcourse torque makes a car go but if you dont have enough horsepower to make up for all that torque, it doesnt mean shit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not always true, think of diesel as well, 150 hp say and around 700nm of torque. But then look at the AMG 2002 SL 55 it produces around say i think 300kw but has 700nm of torque, i agree with you however though in some circumstances!!<!-- Signature -->

3. recently my family bought a 2002 VX SS as a spare car.

Firstly, for everyone saying Fords got nothing on Holden, I'd be quiet for the next few months till the Barra's released. The six is standard at 200? or 220kw? can't remember think its 200. Holden isn't worried about it claims they've got the same amount waiting for them.

HOWEVER. Regarding the new 310-330kw V8 that'll be going in the new Falcon, Holden and HSV admitted the "shelves are bare." this is due to the production of the monaro, and the 6.2 that everyone always brings up running around in dunston's black R8 is a year worth of development away from being in production. Thats IF holden/HSV go for it.

I haven't seen the styling of the new Ford but theres talk they've improved over the current model and got it right, which i hope they have.

I personnally like both manafacturers and think they push each other to make better products. it could even be argued (successfully) that apart from the GTS Fords cars are better and quicker. The GTS wont be available until the last 1/4 of the year.

Anyways, why did we get an SS? To be honest, I don't like the styling of the ford. And we weren't willing to wait until September to get a car. Thats the reason.

However, we were looking at other cars till we took the SS for a drive. First impressions were the leather interior isn't done justice in the pictures you see of the cars, its a really nice quality interior something which i didn't expect. Comfortable, and adequate support. Though only having tilt adjustment on the seat was a bit annoying. I would have thought that if holden was going to offer tilt, it should have at least offered forward and rear adjustments with memory seats like the Caliais. However theres massive amounts of rear leg room and the back seats you just sink into.

The front cabins actually a nice place to be, (if you can't guess i was kind of skeptical about a few things) I prefure the dash to that of the ford, but thats probably because most of the ford i've been in are taxis. Sounds stupid, I guess the reason is the Fords are more reliable.

The car drove well enough, had a fairly good ride (the roads were shit house it was at waitara in Syd.) Nice torque, good power.
    Though the auto had the habit of shifting back to second at 90ks instead of using the torque it should be producing to drop to third and pull the car forward. Fucking annoying.

The motor, while it goes well enough, seems like its "choking" would be the best way to describe it. You can feel theres more power there but it just doesn't come through.

So anyways, its a nice car and went alright. We got it for 52 g (on road) with leather, sunroof and everything.

One of the key things though, is that i couldn't live with the car standard. (We had to get an auto because my mother can't or doesn't drive manual) The changing back to second gear all the time would give me the shits. Im not sure if the Ford suffers from the same problem (Tickford5400???), but powerchip offer a chip that fixes all that up so were looking into it. So another key point was the fact that tuning the Gen III up isn't as much of a big deal as it is for the Ford.
    To cut a long story short, the cars going straight to holden where they can work them up to about 270kw i've been told (a friend works as a mechanic for Suttons) they apparently do the exaust, inlet manafold and a few other bits and pieces.

4. That XR8 thing also happened to an AUII during Performance Car of the Year in 2001<!-- Signature -->

5. your crap ford boy, it was sposed to come out with VX2 but it was postponed i think

6. hahahaha when AV comes out Ford will have 180kw stock. 220kw out of a low boost turbo 6. Wait till aftermarket tuners like Rob Herrod, Air power Systems and CAPA get thier hands on it and whak the boost from about 7psi to nearly 1 BAR

7. Wait for the 6.2 litre Callaway motor to find its way into a GTS, then if you want 600Kw plus, strap on an optional blower. Shuv that up yer Ford pipe and smoke it. When are you gonna realise, all Fords are shit, thats all their is to it.

8. I love ford but holdens are still good , Why didn't they put the 300kw engine in the monaro ???? big mistake I reckon .

9. They have the 300kW engine in the Monaro.

10. in many car magazines the fords do come out on top of hsvs, but i think the hsvs sell better because a lot of ppl don't like the styling of the au falcon
    and as for the crap handling, hsv/holden believes that slower handling results in more steering accuracy

11. ok so the series 3 xr8 might come out on top of the ss.. who cares.... the new tickford thing (that looks like a rice rocket in disguise) might beat the clubsport r8.... who cares?? holden/hsv hasn't had to put in the effort that ford has to get there.... when was the last time ford actually put a decent challenge or came out on top in the holden/ford battle... look back to the gtho vs monaro gts 350 competition..... gee.. that was a while ago... if holden was pushed it would piss all over the "competition"

12. I think I hear some panicking by you holden wanks. Holden have not built anything here, those uselss bastards send off their engine to callaway. Ford HAND BUILT THE ENGINE. and YES IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED that ford will use the 4.6l engine and the 5.4l. We're not hiding behind "car mags" we use them cause its PROOF. Holden sell more, cause ford did a shit thing and brought out the AU and cut off the V8 for 10 years or so. Ford is making a comeback and a good one at that. No matter what they do though there will always be the wank stains like you who critisize them even though they have been regarded as better cars than Holden or HSV could ever produce. Read the latest Street Machine and it quotes that the TS50 is the best high performance vehichle built in Australia (AND YES IT IS ALL BUILT HERE)<!-- Signature -->

13. Heh. Hah.
    MUAHAHAHA
    and the car? The HSV VY SV400.

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Rzeractor</i>
    <b>Heh. Hah.
    MUAHAHAHA

Oh wow 4000kw tell me where are u going to use that??? (you must remember TORQUE is more useful than KW, all KW give you is the amount of fuel ur gonna use up) and geez out of 6.2l hehehe thats funny (thats a big mutha of an engine)!!!! Can I ask where u gor ut info from??? Publication? Date? Page? Links??? Or did it just pop into ur head?? Does 400kw make u go faster around a track?? Does it make ur car handle better?? You Holden people re all the same its all about the engine (which all that Holden/HSV have done is detune, i mean for #$%#s sake for the SV300 you has to send it back to callaway in the states to build it).<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b>hahahaha when AV comes out Ford will have 180kw stock. 220kw out of a low boost turbo 6. Wait till aftermarket tuners like Rob Herrod, Air power Systems and CAPA get thier hands on it and whak the boost from about 7psi to nearly 1 BAR</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->But isnt the new twin cam Buick 3800 going to have 185kw?

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 104625</i>
    <b>Heh. Hah.
    MUAHAHAHA

Oh wow 4000kw tell me where are u going to use that??? (you must remember TORQUE is more useful than KW, all KW give you is the amount of fuel ur gonna use up) and geez out of 6.2l hehehe thats funny (thats a big mutha of an engine)!!!! Can I ask where u gor ut info from??? Publication? Date? Page? Links??? Or did it just pop into ur head?? Does 400kw make u go faster around a track?? Does it make ur car handle better?? You Holden people re all the same its all about the engine (which all that Holden/HSV have done is detune, i mean for #$%#s sake for the SV300 you has to send it back to callaway in the states to build it).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> If KW is relative to the amount of fuel you use up, how come the 165kw Holden V8 is less economical than the 225kw V8?

And who cares if its all about the engine, maybe so, but with you Ford people its all about handling and the rest of it. You say you cant use HSV's power on the road, but where can you use the extra bit of handling on the road that Ford has over Holden?

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Holden Nut</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 104625</i>
    <b>Heh. Hah.
    MUAHAHAHA

Oh wow 4000kw tell me where are u going to use that??? (you must remember TORQUE is more useful than KW, all KW give you is the amount of fuel ur gonna use up) and geez out of 6.2l hehehe thats funny (thats a big mutha of an engine)!!!! Can I ask where u gor ut info from??? Publication? Date? Page? Links??? Or did it just pop into ur head?? Does 400kw make u go faster around a track?? Does it make ur car handle better?? You Holden people re all the same its all about the engine (which all that Holden/HSV have done is detune, i mean for #$%#s sake for the SV300 you has to send it back to callaway in the states to build it).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> If KW is relative to the amount of fuel you use up, how come the 165kw Holden V8 is less economical than the 225kw V8?

And who cares if its all about the engine, maybe so, but with you Ford people its all about handling and the rest of it. You say you cant use HSV's power on the road, but where can you use the extra bit of handling on the road that Ford has over Holden?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

OK well ummm i thought with everyday driving u needed a well balanced car, both power and handling cause well here we have roads that contain straights but also a lot of bends and curves and corners, now i am sure u DO need a car that has good handling to get around them. Espeically with the falcons and commodores weight and power. I mean u wouldn't want a shit hot powerful car with absolutley no handling so when some dickhead p plater takes it out he fishy's it down the street and kills himself (ok bit extreme but u get the point), power isn't all, yeah i am shitty ford don't have the power yet but well at least they are winning points on driveability and total refinement! Don't forget these are not race cars and the drivers are not race drivers. <!-- Signature -->

18. 200kW XU6

When's that model coming out? Wasn't it supposed to be a VX2 upgrade or something?

19. All the Holden loving idiots are a bunch of misguided morons who don't know crap as to what is a good car, with a balanced combo of looks, performance, dynamics and fun in driving, as compared to a car which handles like crap, steers like crap, and can't get its power to the ground properly; in other words a piece of crap underneath what holden fans only, percieve as a good looking shell. The Falcon is the former and Commodore the latter. There is no doubt amongst motoring experts that the Falcon is a better car, and it also has a far superior reliability and safety record than Holden or HSV. Sales figures don't mean shit, most car buyers are not motoring fans like most in this forum and don't know what is really the better car. The Gen3 (LS1 to Americans) V8 is the most overhyped and overrated engine I've ever heard of. It only produces more power out of sheer capacity, and shows Ford's superior enginneering if they can squeeze almost the same power from 700cc less. This engine also uses pushrods.....c'mon Holden/GM this is the 21st century, and at least Ford will get into the modern world and will have all DOHC engines when the AV launches next year. So, my conclusion is simple, Holden is a piece of crap and Ford is 10X superior overall and when AV launches next year with new and updated engines and refined chassis......good riddance Holden, fakes don't last long in the sun!!

20. the only chance ford has got of being on top of holden is if gm deside to discontinue production of holdens in oz, but they wont so i guess you ford loveing dipshits will have to get used to being.................how can i put it.........................CRAP.

21. supercharged v6 should pump out more than 180kw, thats a bit of a dissapointment. Id prefer the new TS50 over any holden though, its the start of a new era for fords and i think that ford will regain the title of the Australian supercar. <!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b>hahahaha when AV comes out Ford will have 180kw stock. 220kw out of a low boost turbo 6. Wait till aftermarket tuners like Rob Herrod, Air power Systems and CAPA get thier hands on it and whak the boost from about 7psi to nearly 1 BAR</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's always what Ford is GOING to bring out. It's not what they have out first to compete with Holden it's what they have to do to match or better them in HINDSIGHT. Do you know what HINDSIGHT means? There's no way Falcons are going to be standard with 180 kW. From what you're saying, Ford needs aftermarket tuners to compete with HSV. Now I know you're thinking Callaway is an aftermarket tuner, but that is in conjunction with the factory so I think you should go back to your little lounge room where you can reflect on the HO's Bathurst victories on video and cheer yourself up with a warm cup of cocoa.<!-- Signature -->

23. You can hide behind the so-called "wooden" steering on the Commodores and the supposed bad handling, but how many goes have Tickford and Ford had at matching HSV and Holden? About 5 years worth and how much work can a team of engineers do in 5 years? The answer is heaps. HSV are the measuring stick, and put out the VX2, before the lot of the Series Three Falcons. You also hide behind the motoring experts that have a developed a case of tall poppy syndrome, who would like nothing more than to knock HSV off of the pedestal. As for safety, Holden has it all over Ford. I agree that sales figures don't mean a lot but HSV mustn't be building "heaps of crap" as you would call them because Ford haven't got the market swing have they? As for the GEN III LS1, it is an awesome, all-alloy (I might mention, cast-iron comes to mind), engine. It's not overrated, it is just a well-acclaimed engine. If it was overrated, it would be all through the magazines and newspapers, etc, which I totally disagree with. The only reason Ford gets so much torque is because of the cast iron block. If you look at the 240 kW Mustang engine, it is well down on torque compared to the 225 kW LS1 used in Holdens. Yeah I'm sure Ford are going to use all DOHC engines as well, NOT! You have obviously come to your conclusion because Ford have used hindsight. Give Holden a chance to have a go, when they bring out the VY because, comparing to the Monaro, is going to be an awesome, Ford-beating machine. We'll see who fades in the sun...

...and don't call Holden crap, because as you can see, I haven't called Ford crap because they have some quality cars but not to the standard of Holden.<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from alfa156gta</i>
    <b>in many car magazines the fords do come out on top of hsvs, but i think the hsvs sell better because a lot of ppl don't like the styling of the au falcon
    and as for the crap handling, hsv/holden believes that slower handling results in more steering accuracy</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I think there's probably more Holden than Ford fans out there too which probably doesn't help.<!-- Signature -->

25. The low sales of the Falcon come down to looks and the fact that Ford hasn't been doing to well in V8 Supercar racing (IMO)