Re: 360GT vs M5

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 360 GT' started by bmw m3 gt, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 360GT vs M3 GTR

<!-- Signature -->

2. 360GT vs M5

Yugo vs M5 , Taurus vs M5 , Civic vs M5 , Blah Blah Blah Blah
    M5 this George Dubya that<!-- Signature -->

3. forget it, this is a RACE CAR. It would double it after 5 laps!<!-- Signature -->

4. how could u even compare an m5 with this great car? it would rip the m5 a new one very quickly. i don't know how u can even compare a ferrari with ANY bmw. Ferrari owns bmw and always will.<!-- Signature -->

5. xler8
    You are the 2nd dumbest person I've read anything from. The first is the fool who decided to compare a 4 dr 5 passenger luxo yet blisteringly fast car to a sports coups specifically designed for the race track. I don't car how fast that Ferrari is, it still can't touch the M5, the fastest production sedan on the planet. The M5 will run with some of the fastest supercars on the planet while your crusin listenin to tunes with 4 of your friends, PS I don't fear mullets I fear retards like you, because even you can get a licsense.
    Peace,<!-- Signature -->

6. I guess i was unaware that BMW was now owned by Ferrari........ BMW is one of the greatest car companies on the planet, they are not owned by anyone except themselves. You are a #$%#in idiot.

7. dayungmac

Dude truer words have never been spoken
    <!-- Signature -->

8. What he means by "Ferrari owns BMW" is that he is of the opinion that Ferrari is so much better than BMW, that they practically are their masters.

Personally, I'm passionate about both of them, and I think that trying to compare an E39 M5 to a Ferrari anything is a bit like saying an airliner can carry more people than a space shuttle. So what?

I guess the fact that an E39 M5 is the fastest sedan on the planet doesn't matter to you. It's not trying to compete with a car designed for racing, it doean't need to.<!-- Signature -->

9. In a way the M5 is better being the world's fastest four door, and although an AMAZING car, the 360 isn't the worlds fastest anything. The m5 is also luxurious and wastes vettes for half a stock modena's price<!-- Signature -->

10. A thourough bread race car and a luxury sedan? i dare not say the names for it is a sin for them to be in the same sentence. <!-- Signature -->

11. Comparing these two cars is kind of..confusing? It is true that the BMW is mad fast. Its also true that it’s significantly less then the Ferrari, but if you buy the BMW M5, I believe that you will get more than your moneys worth. An M5 (although an M3 is a better comparison) is comparable to the Modena because that’s what the engineers at BMW are aiming for. Think about it, a sedan that can stand its own against a Ferrari for a significantly less price? That’s how good a company BMW is. Their engineers are amongst the best in the world and should not be fuked with. BMW deserves mad props for their M series, and its people like us that are making them famous. But don’t get me wrong, in racing the Ferrari is much more tuned and specialized. What I'm trying to say is any car company can make a great race car with great performance and sell it for a ridiculously high price, but not every car company can build a race car masked in a body of a sedan with great engineering (incorporating reliability, performance, specs, luxury, gas mileage, etc..) and still can still be considered a race car, which is what the M5 is. Mad props to BMW.

If this post is doubled, im sorry.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kipenstien the Great</i>
    <b>Yugo vs M5 , Taurus vs M5 , Civic vs M5 , Blah Blah Blah Blah
    M5 this George Dubya that</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Could be just me but i took this as a joke, kind of a parody of the other threads that have been on the forum recently, a joke of sorts, personally I thought that it was funny enough to chuckle, but at least i reccognized it as a joke.<!-- Signature -->

13. Wow BigWillMan, you were the only one to see this as a joke. To everyone who said I was stupid. Hmmm I think the tables have turned!<!-- Signature -->

14. Hehe, I was reading all these posts here and laughing at all those stupid ppl out there who DIDN'T know that this was a joke.

By the way, those stupid BMW fans out there, whenever they see anything compare with a BMW, they must put that object down into the dirt. They dare to say anything you can imagine, like Ferrari sucks, Mercedes sucks, whatever. Just a friendly reminder, putting other things down does not make a BMW better, it just shows that you guys are jealous that others are better.

15. You just can't compare a pure race car with a sports sedan. The 360GT will definitely beat any street M5 out there anytime. BMW M5 is an awesome car but I still say that any Ferraris are better than any BMW. Beside, BMW don't make any street production except back then with the M1. BMW makes great sports coupe and sedan though.

16. screw the m5. altough it is an awsome family sedan the m3 is bmw's ultimate driving machine. and for people who say that ferrari is better than bmw they cannot be talking about engineering. the new naturally aspired straight 6 m3 has been tested by car and driver at 0-60 4.6 and quarter mile 13.1 while v8 ferraries are struggling to keep pace. not to mention bmw's state of the art sequential manuel shift model which shifts in 8/100's of a second, which is better than ferraries f1 cars. the m5 is a 4 door family sedan which has v8 like most ferraries and it would be nose to nose with a 2 seater ferrari says very little about ferrari. on the other hand ferrari has always had its great styling and who would not love to own one. but if you cannot afford a ferrari bmw has the ultimate line of cars that can beat ferrari's at a third of the price and still hold passangers and demand attention with there own distinct styling cues. mclaren f1 rules.

17. the SMGII shifts at 80ms but the for god's sake the ferarri f1 car can shift in 30ms!(and now they are developing a gear with no flywheel with Sachs that can execute a gear shift even FASTER)

18. The 360N-GT UNOFFICIAL wins the N-GT Championship. This is an OFFICIAL car... Any questions?

Mafalda

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mofomenator</i>
    <b>xler8
    You are the 2nd dumbest person I've read anything from. The first is the fool who decided to compare a 4 dr 5 passenger luxo yet blisteringly fast car to a sports coups specifically designed for the race track. I don't car how fast that Ferrari is, it still can't touch the M5, the fastest production sedan on the planet. The M5 will run with some of the fastest supercars on the planet while your crusin listenin to tunes with 4 of your friends, PS I don't fear mullets I fear retards like you, because even you can get a licsense.
    Peace,</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The M5 isn't the fastest production sedan any more now it's the Bentley arnage T

20. You're out of your mind trying to compare the poor m5 to the God Ferrari! the M5 will get raped to hell from the 360GT! this comparison isen't even fair.<!-- Signature -->

21. why would you ever compare this RACE car with a M5?!?!?1 two completely different classes buddy<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MOOCHACHA</i>
    <b>why would you ever compare this RACE car with a M5?!?!?1 two completely different classes buddy</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i see someone has some brains in here<!-- Signature -->

23. "Mofomanator" YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!

The Ferrari 360GT would smoke the M5 and make it look like a $2 piece of shit neon. I think you have to get your facts straight, any Ferrari will take out any BMW. Dont get me wrong BMW's are nice cars, but you cant compare it to a Ferrari.

24. hey guys noone can compare an m5 with a goddamn race car let's compare this shity shit ferrari with a bmw m3 e 46 gtr and then let's give a chance to ferrari to shit-beat the m3<!-- Signature -->

25. comparing these 2 cars wouldnt be exactly easy considering the fact that 1 is the worlds fastest sedan and the other is a car made for the tracks, even though i would take the m5 cuz its a bmw