Re: 442 HP.. and 0-60 in 5.0 Seconds??

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 456M GT Scaglietti' started by FerrariV12, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Yeah I see Vipers a heck of a lot. Ferrari's I don't see as much. And I would have a Ferrari over a Viper any day.

2. 442 HP.. and 0-60 in 5.0 Seconds??

442 HP.. and 0-60 in 5.0 Seconds?? SLOW.. AND SUCKY !!<!-- Signature -->

3. considering how heavy it is, i think its fine.......besides, how often do u get comfort, prestige, power and marque status all in one car?<!-- Signature -->

4. still think its a little slow for a Ferrari though

5. 0-60 in 5 seconds is really good. Although ferrari could have done a little better with the abilities they have. Good car though.<!-- Signature -->

6. It's a Ferrari! Ferraris have a reputation of being purely awesome designed and engineered supercars. Why dont you try comparing a F series Ferrari to your Viper. Hahaha fruitcake.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dodge_punk</i>
    <b>442 HP.. and 0-60 in 5.0 Seconds?? SLOW.. AND SUCKY !!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It's a Ferrari! Ferraris have a reputation of being purely awesome designed and engineered supercars. Why dont you try comparing a F series Ferrari to your Viper. Hahaha fruitcake.

8. for the price of this car you can buy an m3 and an m5, and have more luxury and performance out of both cars

9. don't forget, the 456's got a metal shift gate. that slows everything down when shifting.

just look a the 0-60 difference of an ordinary modena and modena f1.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vettes4life</i>
    <b>0-60 in 5 seconds is really good. Although ferrari could have done a little better with the abilities they have. Good car though.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

tell me which other car can do 194mph and 0-60 in 4.9s with 4 passengers and lugagge ??? This Ferrari is a GT ... not a super exotic 2-seat car-<!-- Signature -->

11. Remember everyone, if it isn't a turbo charged eight litre V10 it "sucks".

Sigh, what is wrong with these people? This is a Ferrari. You drive it on the road. People see it. Jealous people want to run their keys along the sides of it. Women want to have sex with the owner of it. Men everywhere want these cars.

That is why you pay big money for it. It has nothing to do with performance. Sure, there are 1000000000000000000000000000000hp Supras and Civics and Camaros out there that can waste this car in a straight line and around a race track, but who really gives a ƒuck?

Huh?<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ivanhoe</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vettes4life</i>
    <b>0-60 in 5 seconds is really good. Although ferrari could have done a little better with the abilities they have. Good car though.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

tell me which other car can do 194mph and 0-60 in 4.9s with 4 passengers and lugagge ??? This Ferrari is a GT ... not a super exotic 2-seat car-</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i thought thiis car can do 186 mph and 0-60 in 5.0s and i'm not sure with the full 4 passengers and luggage

13. a viper is a fine piece of machinery but when you compare a viper and a ferrari together, you're comparing a nice car to a legendary car. dont get me wrong, a viper is great, but how often do you see a ferrari (other than the 360modena) in comparison to how often you see a viper? i see the viper a hell of a lot more than the ferrari.

plus the viper has 50 more ft-lbs of torque than the ferrari does so that would explain the 5.0 sec 0-60, which is only one measure of a car's performance. the ferrari is a lot more luxurious than the viper is. a ferrari is also more of a status symbol and an imported car so that would explain the price.<!-- Signature -->

14. Stairway, Ivan and Mack, its nice to see people with a brain on this site. So theres a Ferrari that only does 0-60 in 5. Its also amazingly comfortable. And, by the way, I wouldn't really count the rear seats. I had a chance to sit in one and couldn't. Literally.

After reading all these posts, i pose a question: Who would rather have a supra that does 0-60 in 4 over this? Remember, if you really need power, talk to Walter Koenig. He'll get it to do 0-60 in the low threes at worst. And, btw, whoever said the supra would beat this in anything but a straight line, it wouldnt. This car handles better than any jap car i have ever heard of, and this is Ferrari's 'bad' performance car...<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from godblessferrari</i>
    <b>Stairway, Ivan and Mack, its nice to see people with a brain on this site. So theres a Ferrari that only does 0-60 in 5. Its also amazingly comfortable. And, by the way, I wouldn't really count the rear seats. I had a chance to sit in one and couldn't. Literally.

After reading all these posts, i pose a question: Who would rather have a supra that does 0-60 in 4 over this? Remember, if you really need power, talk to Walter Koenig. He'll get it to do 0-60 in the low threes at worst. And, btw, whoever said the supra would beat this in anything but a straight line, it wouldnt. This car handles better than any jap car i have ever heard of, and this is Ferrari's 'bad' performance car...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It was me, but I was taking the piss. Even if a Supra (etc) could, who would be laughing? The owner of a fast supra, or the owner of a luxury Ferrari?

Image is everything, speed gets amatures killed.<!-- Signature -->